buying a gaming pc for a picky girl

sebolavarria

so I finally tempted my gf to change to a gaming pc after showing her what it was like playing LOL on a 29'' wide monitor (its the only game she likes) was so now she wants one..... She wants something colorful so I was thinking a bitfenix prodigy? what do u guys recommend? is there a purple rig (if that is a thing)? for specs was thinking a 760 and an amd as she doesnt need much more. 

why don't you just get a normal case and paint it, a prodigy isn't colorful

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

oh she's one of THOSE kinds of people. I agree, a brightly colored prodigy is a good idea, but they don't do purple.

280x is $400 plus now...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

280x are expensive as fuck, not even worth the price anymore, if I were him I'd go and get a 270x or 760, that's all she needs for LoL

Red=Hot. Too hot. :P

Ah good one!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

x4 Titans?

For WoWI would recomand 7770 at the most or even APU's. A 78xx or equilent should be fine for mmo.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I wouldn't call it a "gaming" pc if it's only going to be used for LOL. At least she isn't obsessed with Facebook games..

Just grab whatever case is decent and plastidip the thing in whatever her fav color is. Grab some AMD platform and a sub 200 dollar card.

280x are expensive as fuck, not even worth the price anymore, if I were him I'd go and get a 270x or 760, that's all she needs for LoL

Good call, didn't know it went up in price that much. Honestly I would wait for the 280X to go back down in price.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

270x or 760 is enough for only LoL.

As for the case, pick one white windowed case and put colorful LED inside? Or you could paint the case yourself, but I won't bother do such hassle.

dose she play any demanding games that would require a good card or just flash games? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory:  Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Case:  BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Microcenter) 

Total: $598.92

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-17 21:27 EST-0500)

No point getting the 270x over the 270.

Also, a 7770/7790/7850 is plenty for league even at higher resolutions. 

How's this look?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2m40i

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I wouldn't call it a "gaming" pc if it's only going to be used for LOL. At least she isn't obsessed with Facebook games..

Just grab whatever case is decent and plastidip the thing in whatever her favourite colour is. Grab some AMD platform and a sub 200 dollar card.

Yep, that's what I would do! LED's and shiny things. We can compare non-tech types to flies and shiny things. (No offence to your "GF" Buddy, sure she's lovely) x

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $598.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-17 21:27 EST-0500)

this looks amazing thanks!

I got the build and she wants orange... Thx for all the advice...this is faster than google things myself!

Yep, that's what I would do! LED's and shiny things. We can compare non-tech types to flies and shiny things. (No offence to your "GF" Buddy, sure she's lovely) x

lol yes totally a non tech type... when I asked how she wanted it and she said "pretty" i may have died a little inside... 

so I finally tempted my gf to change to a gaming pc after showing her what it was like playing LOL on a 29'' wide monitor (its the only game she likes) was so now she wants one..... She wants something colorful so I was thinking a bitfenix prodigy? what do u guys recommend? is there a purple rig (if that is a thing)? for specs was thinking a 760 and an amd as she doesnt need much more. 

If the only thing she does is play league, just get an a10-5800k or 6800k. It will run league at maximum settings, 1080p, 60fps (from personal experience)

dose she play any demanding games that would require a good card or just flash games? 

facebook, itunes, word, and LOL... pinterest... bout it rly