HELP!! I bricked(maybe) my new lg g4

Ezio Auditore

I bought a refurbished LG G4 H811 T-mobile phone yesterday. It was lollipop so I tried to update it but 'check for software updates' said the phone was up to date whereas in reality it already has a nougat update. So I downloaded the LG Bridge software which automatically detected my device and said it had 2 updates pending so I set it for Marshmallow, the phone got into firmware update mode and it completed to hundred percent and the phone went blank and the power button doesn't work. Although when I connect it to the pc the pc beeps as a new usb is connected and later reports it is not working properly. Please help!! 

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

6 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

I bought a refurbished LG G4 H811 T-mobile phone yesterday. It was lollipop so I tried to update it but 'check for software updates' said the phone was up to date whereas in reality it already has a nougat update. So I downloaded the LG Bridge software which automatically detected my device and said it had 2 updates pending so I set it for Marshmallow, the phone got into firmware update mode and it completed to hundred percent and the phone went blank and the power button doesn't work. Although when I connect it to the pc the pc beeps as a new usb is connected and later reports it is not working properly. Please help!! 

can you still access the recovery? Volume up + power untill LG logo appears, then release power and imediately press it again.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

can you still access the recovery? Volume up + power untill LG logo appears, then release power and imediately press it again.

no nothing works the only sign of it being alive is the computer beeping when connected by usb

26 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

no nothing works the only sign of it being alive is the computer beeping when connected by usb

well, there's some hope then. you should be able to sideload into it and flash a new stock ROM. this is pretty advanced stuff tough, and i believe you need USB-Debugging to be enabled for this to work. did you have USB-Debugging enabled before it bricked?

14 hours ago, RollinLower said:

well, there's some hope then. you should be able to sideload into it and flash a new stock ROM. this is pretty advanced stuff tough, and i believe you need USB-Debugging to be enabled for this to work. did you have USB-Debugging enabled before it bricked?

No it was off and the lg software didn't ask me to turn it off

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Flash to stock in download/fastboot mode. No, this is not recovery. Download/fastboot mode is on a ROM and should always work no matter how badly you softbrick the device.

Follow this guide

http://rootmygalaxy.net/unbrick-lg-g4-with-lg-flash-tool/

I can't verify the links on that page, never used it before. Also there are custom roms for your phone model if you want to try your luck getting it to Nougat.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-g4/development

Whatever you do you MUST FIRST UNBRICK BY FLASHING STOCK ROM. If you decide to install a custom rom and/or root afterwards, dont ask me for instructions. Its all in the thread for the rom you choose. Which cuatom rom is best? I dunno. Never had a carrier version of a phone.

Good luck.

How do I get into fast boot?

And should I do this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-g4/general/lg-g4-h811-complete-unbrick-guide-100-t3461629

It probably bricked itself. 

These were part of the problematic LG phones IIRC. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@dizmo @huilun02 @RollinLower

I managed to get my phoneto get into recovery and t booted into android after I flashed in LGUP but the camera app doesn't work and some parts of settings menu crash on opening. Please advise.

13 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

@dizmo @huilun02 @RollinLower

I managed to get my phoneto get into recovery and t booted into android after I flashed in LGUP but the camera app doesn't work and some parts of settings menu crash on opening. Please advise.

do a factory reset if that doesnt work you gotta flash the rom again with LG UP (use the proper H811 files or else you gonna get qbrick)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

do a factory reset if that doesnt work you gotta flash the rom again with LG UP (use the proper H811 files or else you gonna get qbrick)

whenever I flash the rom (correct one) it reaches to  100% on the phone and the lgup says rebooting at 85% the phone shuts down. Then I have to do QFIL stuff and then boot into recover to get to the same stuff

Just now, huilun02 said:

Either something went wrong when flashing or you used stock rom for a different model. Gota flash again.

Well I downloaded the same file for my phone h811  from 2 different places and flashed but for some reason my phone shuts down when it is supposed to reboot at the end.

If your phone is stuck in a boot loop, it's defective.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

• 1 month later...

Hi Ezio, I have exactly the same problem as you on my H811. I even bought a 32GB SD card as described in the thread on xda. But I am unable to boot into recovery. Could you quickly describe how you managed to do that? Never gonna buy stuff on Aliexpress again :P.

7 hours ago, ReneKay said:

Hi Ezio, I have exactly the same problem as you on my H811. I even bought a 32GB SD card as described in the thread on xda. But I am unable to boot into recovery. Could you quickly describe how you managed to do that? Never gonna buy stuff on Aliexpress again :P.

Use QFIL it works. I used this: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f779/unbrick-lg-g4-brick-hs-usb-qdloader-9008-without-box-2211744/

Sent using my lg g4?

On 4/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, Ezio Auditore said:

Use QFIL it works.

Thanks so much!

Now the phone is stuck on the T-Mobile start screen with error 9008 on the upper left corner. I can go into download mode and would use LGUP now to flash the stock ROM. But I read, that you have to use exactly the same ROM as the one installed before the brick. In my case that was V10d, which I cannot find anywhere online. What did you flash?

Thanks again! I feel like I am on the right track thanks to you.

18 hours ago, ReneKay said:

Thanks so much!

Now the phone is stuck on the T-Mobile start screen with error 9008 on the upper left corner. I can go into download mode and would use LGUP now to flash the stock ROM. But I read, that you have to use exactly the same ROM as the one installed before the brick. In my case that was V10d, which I cannot find anywhere online. What did you flash?

Thanks again! I feel like I am on the right track thanks to you.

Flash any rom which will then brick the phone and then again use qfil and flash the same rom. It will then be the original rom.

If you mess anything up it can be repaired using qfil so don't worry!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 6:44 AM, Ezio Auditore said:

Flash any rom which will then brick the phone and then again use qfil and flash the same rom. It will then be the original rom.

If you mess anything up it can be repaired using qfil so don't worry!

Hi Ezio Auditore, finally I was able to proceed on the phone. I flashed 20i and later 10n, both 2x as described by you. But I still get the "Secure Boot Error 1006" during start-up. Then Android launches but camera does not work, no IMEI number. All I can do is surf via WiFi. Any ideas?

For your information:

• I always flash while being in download mode. After the first flash I was not able to get into download mode (VOL UP while plugging in). The phone always started. Then, after I switched it off, download mode was accessible again and I flashed the second time. To no avail...
  • Attached is a picture of the files, that I selected for QFIL
  • In LGUP I select "Refurbish", please see other sreenshot

QFIL.png

LGUP.png

Edited by ReneKay
Screenshots added

12 hours ago, ReneKay said:

Hi Ezio Auditore, finally I was able to proceed on the phone. I flashed 20i and later 10n, both 2x as described by you. But I still get the "Secure Boot Error 1006" during start-up. Then Android launches but camera does not work, no IMEI number. All I can do is surf via WiFi. Any ideas?

For your information:

• I always flash while being in download mode. After the first flash I was not able to get into download mode (VOL UP while plugging in). The phone always started. Then, after I switched it off, download mode was accessible again and I flashed the second time. To no avail...
  • Attached is a picture of the files, that I selected for QFIL
  • In LGUP I select "Refurbish", please see other sreenshot

QFIL.png

LGUP.png

try to unlock the bootloader first and then flash a stock rom the standard way, I believe thise kdz files don't touch system apps.