Help with simple batch file

tp95112

I'm trying to create a batch file to download comics using a GitHub program I found. The program runs off of cmd only and that is where I input the link and download directory, the program works fine but I cant get it to work on this batch file. The program is on my D drive. How I run it through just cmd is using these two lines.

Command Line

D:
Library\Desktop\Comics\comic_dl.exe -dd "D:Library\Desktop\Comics\" -i "http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-1940/Issue-1?id=17555"

Batch file

@echo on
start cmd.exe "D:Library\Desktop\Comics\comic_dl.exe -dd "D:Library\Desktop\Comics\" -i "http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-1940/Issue-1?id=17555""

do you do the start bit in batch? i dont remember that being a thing but it has also been a while since i used it. batch is also fucking horrible and barely works so keep that in mind lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

do you do the start bit in batch? i dont remember that being a thing but it has also been a while since i used it. batch is also fucking horrible and barely works so keep that in mind lol

Im just using whatever is simple for me so I can just get it done quick and leave it.But if there is something better and built into windows already, il gladly change. 

2 minutes ago, Doomed83 said:

Take out the "start cmd.exe =" part

Woops The = was a typo when I typed it here

3 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Im just using whatever is simple for me so I can just get it done quick and leave it.But if there is something better and built into windows already, il gladly change. 

nah there is nothing built into windows thats any better really, but honestly after haveing built a few whole damn pick your own adventure games and tabletop RPGs in batch(yes, i actiually had the self hate to not learn Java or C# or whatever because 14 year old me was beyond retarded) DO NOT USE THIS PICE OF SHIT LANGUAGE FOR ANYTHING MORE COMPLICATED THAN THIS. DONT. its just a broken mess, stuff that works on Win7 dosent nesecarily work on Win10 or XP or any other version and that goes for any version. you can never expect a script you wright in batch to work when transfered to another version of windows if its anything more complex than spamming colors which seems to be the most universal thing lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Jesus, I wanna learn cause it seems so basic and does what I need to do without the hassle of learning alot. Maybe il try VbScript but I'm doing something very simple and basic

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Jesus, I wanna learn cause it seems so basic and does what I need to do without the hassle of learning alot. Maybe il try VbScript but I'm doing something very simple and basic

for this its perfectly fine, but as soon as you need any sort of user input, maths or  comparason it becomes a mess of shit that dosent work. honestly Java is really easy to pick up, if you want to get into codeing just start playing with Java, Python or C#(Java with diffrent words in a few places lol), build a game after a tutorial or something in Unity, thats how i got into C# and now know Java well enough for simple apps. Batch isnt worth the time it takes to sort through the bullshit, if you want to automate things Python or even AutoHotkey are better options id say

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

for this its perfectly fine, but as soon as you need any sort of user input, maths or  comparason it becomes a mess of shit that dosent work. honestly Java is really easy to pick up, if you want to get into codeing just start playing with Java, Python or C#(Java with diffrent words in a few places lol), build a game after a tutorial or something in Unity, thats how i got into C# and now know Java well enough for simple apps. Batch isnt worth the time it takes to sort through the bullshit, if you want to automate things Python or even AutoHotkey are better options id say

I already know java javascript and c#. Im just trying to learn this cause I feel like I can put this to use someday and cause im lazy and dont want to type that long ass line every time I want to check for updates

Just now, tp95112 said:

I already know java javascript and c#. Im just trying to learn this cause I feel like I can put this to use someday

Sure, documentation is limited so most of the reasons shit dosent work is because they either removed something, added another way to do the thing or its just broken. I'm not even sure if what I learned 4 years ago on Windows 7/8 is applicable to windows 10 entirely, I'm sure they redid something massive like the maths system just to fuck with people... 

Builds:

Spoiler