Have Smiley button in mobile mode

JoostinOnline

Unless I'm missing it, there is no way to see the list of emojis in the mobile browser. They really help express intent where pure text can be interpreted in different ways. 

Screenshot_20180214-183935.png

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I think it's intentional because mobile phones have built in Emoji's. I could be wrong

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Some features are missing in mobile like strikethrough. So if you are on Android you can just request desktop version as a getaway option.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

your android keyboard has emojis built into it...  just use those

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You can use the emojis built into your keyboard, unless I'm wrong that's why the mobile site doesn't have emojis.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

your android keyboard has emojis built into it...  just use those

28 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can use the emojis built into your keyboard, unless I'm wrong that's why the mobile site doesn't have emojis.

I didn't think they would work. There are so few built in ones on the desktop site, and so many on a mobile keyboard, that there's no way to know what matches up. I'll try it though. 

?????????????????☺️???

I'll check this on desktop to see if all 21 appeared. 

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Some features are missing in mobile like strikethrough. So if you are on Android you can just request desktop version as a getaway option.

Going to desktop mode doesn't change it for some reason. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

I didn't think they would work. There are so few built in ones on the desktop site, and so many on a mobile keyboard, that there's no way to know what matches up. I'll try it though.

the forum doesnt support the full range of emojis, but it will support all the onces you actually need. (which is none because fuck emojis)

all but 4 of the ones you listed showed up on my desktop, and im sure several are changed slightly from how they are supposed to be on mobile.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Desktop version wouldn't really work as forum is scaled based on resolution, not browser rendering. And strike-through is available, as you can see from pic. Mobile editor was updated at some point last year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

39 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

?????????????????☺️???

I'll check this on desktop to see if all 21 appeared.

They all show up for me on desktop.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Windows 8-10 will display emojis Windows 7 and lower might not.

This one didn't display like the others on my computer: ☺️

Also they don't look as nice as the forums... For OP alternatively is using the the smileys text callings to bring up the forums emojis. On a computer hovering your mouse over them will display what is needed to input for them to work.

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

All but one show up on mine (Firefox).  None of them, however, are the forum ones.

It's not a big deal though, since I just found out I can hover over the emojis on desktop and see their bcc values.  Not as nice as having an actual list, but at least now I can 9_9 to show my statement is sarcastic.  I just need to memorize them.

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

All but one show up on mine (Firefox).  None of them, however, are the forum ones.

It's not a big deal though, since I just found out I can hover over the emojis on desktop and see their bcc values.  Not as nice as having an actual list, but at least now I can 9_9 to show my statement is sarcastic.  I just need to memorize them

Forum ones are smilies, not emojis. This has been asked before, can't remember what the response was. Probably something like it isn't supported by core and there are no good addons for it.

I would assume all modern browsers offer some sort of addon for quick list emojis. And if not, you could have them in another tab.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Desktop version wouldn't really work as forum is scaled based on resolution, not browser rendering. And strike-through is available, as you can see from pic. Mobile editor was updated at some point last year.

Ah at one point strikethrough was not available and there is an actual comment regarding that, guess it was implemented. Also just tested using "desktop version" and it somehow work, but I am not a mobile enthusiast to explain why and how. 

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

9 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Chrome OS does lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Forum ones are smilies, not emojis. This has been asked before, can't remember what the response was. Probably something like it isn't supported by core and there are no good addons for it.

I would assume all modern browsers offer some sort of addon for quick list emojis. And if not, you could have them in another tab.

What we have on this forum isn't the complete list of smileys we can use, admins have full control over which ones are able to be used ;), plus there are additional smileys that can be bought even if the previous is not true.

19 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Chrome OS does lol

How many use Chrome OS? I''m also sure the more recent Mac OS works too...

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Desktop version wouldn't really work as forum is scaled based on resolution,

I forgot about this, one could technically get mobile browsing by shrinking their window.

14 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

How many use Chrome OS? I''m also sure the more recent Mac OS works too...

kids at school like me lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

The toolbar on mobile is quite limited for space, so the smilies button was removed to free up space. You can use text codes (such as ":)") which should get converted automatically, or you can use standard emoji. In the next major update, emoji and smilies will be getting an update, so emoji will work properly on all platforms and be enterable using the smilies button.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The toolbar on mobile is quite limited for space, so the smilies button was removed to free up space. You can use text codes (such as ":)") which should get converted automatically, or you can use standard emoji. In the next major update, emoji and smilies will be getting an update, so emoji will work properly on all platforms and be enterable using the smilies button.

There are still two blank spots, so it can't be that limited.  But cool about the update.

On 15/02/2018 at 6:34 PM, Egg-Roll said:

This one didn't display like the others on my computer: ☺️

Also they don't look as nice as the forums... For OP alternatively is using the the smileys text callings to bring up the forums emojis. On a computer hovering your mouse over them will display what is needed to input for them to work.

All OS should recognise them because its browser specific i.e. the "B" in my sig is an emoji and its the same colour as the rest of the text, but in Safari it is red.

13 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

There are still two blank spots, so it can't be that limited.  But cool about the update.

It depends on the size of your phone screen.

HTTP/2 203