A small case for an ATX motherboard

Mytre

So today I was going around and found the case :https://www.riotoro.com/case-cr1080/

And then I found this other case:   https://www.riotoro.com/case-cr1088/

And I was hyped, finally a small form factor case for my ATX motherboard and with a perfect display side as my corner desk is on the left which means I can put this case on the left and the display will be facing me and the room instead of the wall.

But my hype died once I saw that after going on the trouble of finding a 240mm radiator and everything my evga 1070 is too tall for the case .( the case has a max height of about 120mm but the evga 1070 ftw I have has a height of 128mm).

So point is . Does anybody here knows about a case for a full atx motherboard that is a small as those 2 ? I currently have a diypc vt 380 which is nice with 5 places for 120mm fans, awesome cable management and such, But I plan on getting a second monitor and that means I need to either put my pc case on the floor under the desk and forget about showing my rgb and gpu. Or looking for a smaller case.

If anyone knows of any other small form factor case with a side window. Please tell me .

1 hour ago, Mytre said:

So today I was going around and found the case :https://www.riotoro.com/case-cr1080/

And I was hyped, finally a small form factor case for my ATX motherboard and with a perfect display side as my corner desk is on the left which means I can put this case on the left and the display will be facing me and the room instead of the wall.

But my hype died once I saw that after going on the trouble of finding a 240mm radiator and everything my evga 1070 is too tall for the case .( the case has a max height of about 120mm but the evga 1070 ftw I have has a height of 128mm).

So point is . Does anybody here knows about a case for a full atx motherboard that is a small as those 2 ? I currently have a diypc vt 380 which is nice with 5 places for 120mm fans, awesome cable management and such, But I plan on getting a second monitor and that means I need to either put my pc case on the floor under the desk and forget about showing my rgb and gpu. Or looking for a smaller case.

If anyone knows of any other small form factor case with a side window. Please tell me .

What do you mean the gpu is too 'tall' for the case? They both say they can fit cards 300mm long

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I know this isn't a SFF ATX case, but I'll still make the recommendation anyway -  I recently switched all my PC guts over to a Fractal Design Meshify C, and am loving it so far. My original case was an In Win 303 and I really wanted something smaller as the 303 is huge, and the Mesh is probably about as compact as an ATX tower can get while still having enough space for a 240 rad up top, and/or a 360 rad in the front. 

My PC:

• Asus Prime-B350 Plus. Ryzen 7 1700Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400. EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  • 256GB SSD/ 3TB HDD. Corsair CX650M. CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120. Fractal Design Meshify C
  • Reidea KM06. Redragon M601. LG 34UM67-P. Arion Legacy AR504LR-BKMass Drop AKG M220 Pro                                                              

4 hours ago, vong said:

What do you mean the gpu is too 'tall' for the case? They both say they can fit cards 300mm long

Is mostly about the side of the card (tall). If you go to the FAQ section it says that cards can be up to 300mm long but it can't be wider than 120mm

7 hours ago, Mytre said:

The closest you will find to the Riotoro CR1088 in size, and that fits everything is the In Win 303

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Mytre said:

Is mostly about the side of the card (tall). If you go to the FAQ section it says that cards can be up to 300mm long but it can't be wider than 120mm

Oh you meant the width of the card. Well if that's the case then I'd recommend the Fractal Define C as that's one of the smallest ATX chassis available.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

8 hours ago, mondestine said:

I know this isn't a SFF ATX case, but I'll still make the recommendation anyway -  I recently switched all my PC guts over to a Fractal Design Meshify C, and am loving it so far. My original case was an In Win 303 and I really wanted something smaller as the 303 is huge, and the Mesh is probably about as compact as an ATX tower can get while still having enough space for a 240 rad up top, and/or a 360 rad in the front. 

I like the design , however I wish it was smaller. My main concern also is having a sidewindow on the right side of the pc showing the motherboard (inverted atx) due to the way my desk is so that the case stays against a corner and I can use the other space of the desk. 

I will just put my computer under my desk for the meantime while I have 2 monitors until someone makes a desk with an inverted atx design or a cube like design with my motherboard standing horizontal haha.

Have you thought about using a vertical GPU mount? Then you don't need to worry about height, but that can make the length a bit of an issue. Particularly if your using an 240mm AIO.

I want to say a vertical mount adds 30-60 mm to your cards length but check your dimensions. If I remember correctly the cr1080s video card length assumes your using a fan so I think you can add 40 mm for the total length you have to work with, but thats stil going to be tight with a radiator.

14 minutes ago, KazerTheKeen said:

Have you thought about using a vertical GPU mount? Then you don't need to worry about height, but that can make the length a bit of an issue. Particularly if your using an 240mm AIO.

I want to say a vertical mount adds 30-60 mm to your cards length but check your dimensions. If I remember correctly the cr1080s video card length assumes your using a fan so I think you can add 40 mm for the total length you have to work with, but thats stil going to be tight with a radiator.

The issue is not the lenght of the card but the wide of the card. The evga 1070 is 128mm wide without the connectors which are on the side. I already saw a picture of a guy with the same card I have o npcpartpicker and he had to cut out holes on the sidewindow for the gpu .

I already gave up on the cr1080 and cr1088. I really want one of this cases, it would be perfect but I can't change my gpu for a smaller one with the same performance as my evga ftw .I will probably go now for the meshify which seems to be the smallest atx case besides the cr1080s

• 1 year later...

Digging the thread back to the surface...

Can someone confirm that the cooler height in Riotoro CR1088 is 122mm as they say on their website or is it 135mm as they have it in the full manual? 

2 hours ago, g g d h said:

Digging the thread back to the surface...

Can someone confirm that the cooler height in Riotoro CR1088 is 122mm as they say on their website or is it 135mm as they have it in the full manual? 

The Window is indented outwards near the CPU cooler section, which is most likely your 135mm measurement. Where the "lower" GPUs sit, the panel recedes back to be flush with the rest of the case body, that measurement should be the 122mm you're seeing. 

Note this build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/fh4CmG

It's using a 110mm tall CPU cooler, and a 1070 FTW2, which on EVGA's site is listed as 128.6mm tall. Note that the panel actually had to be cut for the cables because the card was so close to the edge of the panel.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Note this build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/fh4CmG

It's using a 110mm tall CPU cooler, and a 1070 FTW2, which on EVGA's site is listed as 128.6mm tall. Note that the panel actually had to be cut for the cables because the card was so close to the edge of the panel.

In my case the water block (the part where barbs are installed) measures 130mm and this is the most extended pay of the GPU. 6+8pin should not be an issue. Luckily angular 6/8pin connectors exist.