Full size vs TKL keyboard

Guanzo

What do you guys recommend for gaming keyboard TKL or full sized board?

full sized if you use the numpad

tkl if you don't

simple as that.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

full sized if you use the numpad

tkl if you don't

simple as that.

Numeric pad requires games like GTA 5 plane, Arma 3. etc. 

Really numpad is important for games?

1 minute ago, Guanzo said:

Numeric pad requires games like GTA 5 plane, Arma 3. etc. 

Really numpad is important for games?

you can always rebind in options

i don't feel like it is important for most gamers, but I just prefer using a numpad as I can type numbers easier and faster, and part of my password too.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'd go full size, there's always more use for more keys and you can assign shortcuts/macros to the numpad if you want to. TKL only serves to limit you and it's only if you really want to conserve desk space or think it's aesthetically pleasing. 

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

27 minutes ago, Guanzo said:

What do you guys recommend for gaming keyboard TKL or full sized board?

It's mostly a preference thing. I prefer my Corsair k63 TKL because it saves desk space, and improves ergonomics.  However there are definitely more options out there for full sized boards. Not to mention full sized boards usually have more features.

If you want my opinion, I say go with a TKL. But please, do your research, and maybe try out a TKL at a store near you.

Had a custom pc, but I traded it for a Razer Blade 15 with a RTX 2070

Just now, Attona said:

It's mostly a preference thing. I prefer my Corsair k63 TKL because it saves desk space, and improves ergonomics.  However there are definitely more options out there for full sized boards. Not to mention full sized boards usually have more features.

If you want my opinion, I say go with a TKL. But please, do your research, and maybe try out a TKL at a store near you.

I liked Corsair K65 Rapidfire board but price is more than K70... 

2 minutes ago, Guanzo said:

I liked Corsair K65 Rapidfire board but price is more than K70... 

Pricing is a downside for TKL keyboards, because you're basically spending more to get less. However, if you're willing to spend the extra money, I'd say it's worth it.

Had a custom pc, but I traded it for a Razer Blade 15 with a RTX 2070

The ultimate layout is the nav less, like the master keys M. You get everything from a full size board in just a tiny bit more space than a TKL. I really can't see myself using a TKL over a navless tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I never used my numpad, which is why I went for a TKL board. Leaves more room for my mouse too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wanted to try out the Wooting One's so called analog keys, but was afraid I'd miss my num-pad so I kept my old keyboard close by - for a time.

Turned out I could easily live without it.

(GTA V can be remapped to Ho, De, En, PgD if needed)

I use my numpad, but never for games. I like full size boards myself. Cheaper, fuller features and I can't live without a numpad.

If you don't use it though, get a TKL. Marginally better ergonomically.