Console exclusive games worth buying a console for?

BlueBerrial

I switched to pc gaming last year, and IMO the only game that is worth getting a console for is Demon's Souls on ps3.

Does anyone else have an example of a game that's worth getting a console for?

Also I have to add Super Smash Bros for Nintentdo 64!

...and SSBM for gamecube!

I wanted to get a PS3 for Heavy Rain but never did. I guess I'll live without playing one console game.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I bought my PS3 Slim back in 2011 just for Gran Turismo 5, since then I've gotten SSX and Uncharted 3. I haven't bought any other games for the console, instead I subscribed to Playstation Plus and got a good few games there, Infamous 2 being my favourite out of the lot.

As for my Xbox 360, I bought the first revision of it back in 2006, and now have the Slim version, bought it for Halo Reach and Forza 2. Don't use it that much though, prefer the PS3's slicker presentation.

If you can include it, I bought the Vita for Unit 13 and Wipeout 2048. Great really.

I bought my PS3 Slim back in 2011 just for Gran Turismo 5, since then I've gotten SSX and Uncharted 3. I haven't bought any other games for the console, instead I subscribed to Playstation Plus and got a good few games there, Infamous 2 being my favourite out of the lot.

As for my Xbox 360, I bought the first revision of it back in 2006, and now have the Slim version, bought it for Halo Reach and Forza 2. Don't use it that much though, prefer the PS3's slicker presentation.

If you can include it, I bought the Vita for Unit 13 and Wipeout 2048. Great really.

Hey, my Favorite, Demon's Souls is free for playstation plus I believe!

Nintendo gaming console. Nintendo has not 1 Halo like game.. but multiple. Especially from Retro Studios, the U.S based Nintendo.. well studio.

Nintendo system console seller games (no order - no spin off games)

-> Super Smash Brothers

-> Metroid

-> StarFox

-> Zelda

-> Donkey Kong

-> Fire Emblem

-> Kid Icarus

-> Pikmin

-> Mario Kart

-> Pokemon (for the kids, although a lot of adults play it. It's mostly those that grew up with it)

-> Fatal Frame

Nintendo franchises which sustain the usage of the console (AAA games, no Halo)

-> Mario 2D (2D platformer)

-> Mario Galaxy (3D platformer)

-> Paper Mario (completely distinct from the other Mario games. It's an RPG type of game)

-> Animal Crossing

-> Yoshi games

-> Wario

Fun Nintendo franchises games:

-> MarioParty (althought it lost a lot of steam in the recent years.. might be soon dead if Nintendo can't revive it)

-> Brain Age

-> PunchOut

-> Kirby

Sony is second in line with much less franchises, but more "mature"

I am not too familiar with Sony.. they have a long list of franchises, but most of them are dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Owned_franchises_and_notable_properties

However there is no denying that the following are system sellers:

-> Uncharted

-> Little Big Planet

-> InFamous

-> Gran Turismo

For PS3 there's Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous 1&2, little big planet and the uncharted series.

Mgs, Halo, Ni no kuni, Gears, God of War. I don't count handhelds.

• 3 weeks later...

For me its dynasty warriors 7, Warriors orochi 3, Uncharted, hello kitty island ad NONO i mean pony no i mean ahh crap. ahh yes tekken(5 and want to try and liek 6 but i cant)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'd buy the PlayStation for Crash Bandicoot. Because, Crash Bandicoot.

I'd buy the PlayStation 2 for Kingdom of Hearts and Final Fantasy X.

I'd buy the Xbox for Halo CE and Halo 2.

I'd buy the PlayStation 3 for Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last Of Us, Dust 514 and I guess Gran Turismo 5.

I'd buy the Xbox 360 for Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. And only those two.

And lastly I'd buy the Wii for... Wii Sports. In the end it's the only game I ever got for it, lol.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Zelda games are the only games that are worth paying 400 dollars for..... ( Zelda game + Console)

uncharted series and god of war 3 and 4 are epic

For me it's the following games that keeps me to consoles (and unfortunately all of them too)

Mario

Zelda

Forza Motorsport

(to a certain extent Halo, but as long as a mate gets it and I get to complete it, I'm good)

Metal Gear Solid

Uncharted

Disregarding old used consoles bought second hand, being in a perpetual war against the existence of consoles I could never buy one in a way that would put money into the hands of it's makers, and anyone who wants consoles gone need to have the integrity to do the same. You'll be able to emulate it all eventually anyway.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Heavy Rain on the Ps3 was amazing. Other then that, I'd stick to PC gaming.

FX 4100 @ 4200, MSI GTX 660, CX430, 1TB Barracuda, 320gb Spinpoint, Hyper 212,  MSI 970, 500R, 8GB RAM

You'll be able to emulate it all eventually anyway.

I just got the email confirmation that my 425€ (pre-order price) Gunlord homecart for the Neo Geo shipped today. Actually, I bought two of them and both are on their way.  ^_^

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=43

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

infamous 1 and 2 and second son

Second Sun will probably be a PS4 launch title.

For PS3, Infamous, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Sly, and Killzone are no doubt noteworthy titles. I've been playing hours worth of games that I simply cannot play on PC. I firmly believe that one should own all platforms (if money is no object) so they can fully experience what gaming is. It's ok to have preferences but it's worth a try ya know?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

PS3 exclusive titles that I have enjoyed:

- God of War (series)

- Uncharted (series)

- Killzone (series)

- Little Big Planet (series)

- Heavy Rain

- Resistance (series)

- Ratchet and Clank (series)

Other notable/ upcoming ones:

- Journey

- MGS4

- Beyond: Two Souls

- The Last of Us

There are surely others, those are just the ones that came to mind.

not really

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

I'll have to say no. I'm a console gamer and here is the why. You will buy the console, not for the exclusives though but for everything else. You will see that playing games on console is so much better than PC. If you eventually get a console play the same game on PC and the console and you will realise what I'm saying, because consoles aren't made for their specs. They are made for gameplay, and immersion which is a lot better than any computer, even if you are running the game on superspecialwesome high ultra settings.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Only game worth it is Super Mario, Get a Super Nintendo :)

I'll have to say no. I'm a console gamer and here is the why. You will buy the console, not for the exclusives though but for everything else. You will see that playing games on console is so much better than PC. If you eventually get a console play the same game on PC and the console and you will realise what I'm saying, because consoles aren't made for their specs. They are made for gameplay, and immersion which is a lot better than any computer, even if you are running the game on superspecialwesome high ultra settings.

I seriously laughed.

You trollin right?

I seriously laughed.

You trollin right?

I'm glad I made you laugh (yeah not really) but no I'm not trolling.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.