Recommend me Speaker and Headphone for Sound BlasterX AE-5

Sabir

I will buy Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5. It's a new gaming rgb sound  card from creative. It's support 5:1 and 7:1 surround sound. It's have 32 bit to 384Hz. So recommend me speaker and headphone for this. I want crystal clear voice and great bass which one will blow my mind and give me eargasm. Here is this sound card link check it out guys. I want something high quality and long lasting. 59fcd7e921f59_D_8orcfqmf5RB3LEE81R-AO7CkGSuwVSxO7ywABicxjdLmRMaZh1BMTl3Iq7l-2JFACnjVi7-2dArrsnd22aiu-rPa6xqdwX0dWJFBFkVblG6O2bg6aTSx0eQYboSjAQXJco6Qw405-h363-nc.png.6fe2332e8d2a1e7e8c2611729fc78dd7.png

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-cards/sound-blasterx-ae-5 

46 minutes ago, Sabir said:

I will buy Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5. It's a new gaming rgb sound  card from creative. It's support 5:1 and 7:1 surround sound. It's have 32 bit to 384Hz. So recommend me speaker and headphone for this. I want crystal clear voice and great bass which one will blow my mind and give me eargasm. Here is this sound card link check it out guys. I want something high quality and long lasting. 59fcd7e921f59_D_8orcfqmf5RB3LEE81R-AO7CkGSuwVSxO7ywABicxjdLmRMaZh1BMTl3Iq7l-2JFACnjVi7-2dArrsnd22aiu-rPa6xqdwX0dWJFBFkVblG6O2bg6aTSx0eQYboSjAQXJco6Qw405-h363-nc.png.6fe2332e8d2a1e7e8c2611729fc78dd7.png

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-cards/sound-blasterx-ae-5 

why don't you get a Schiit Stack?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 hour ago, SeanAngelo said:

why don't you get a Schiit Stack?

Yeah lots of people told me about it. But does it better than Sound Blaster AE-5 you think? Does it support 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound ? Does it have 32bit by 384Hz and 122db ? ;)

1 hour ago, KenjiUmino said:

budget?

Doesn't not matter. Tell me the best.

17 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Doesn't not matter. Tell me the best.

fine then - let's start with speakers. how about a pair of Siltech Pantheon XXV 

for just $125000 a pair

c8224c07ff4bde689eb1c32161d48445.jpg

if you wanna spend more (like 2x more) you could get some some moon audio titan speakers. 

moon-titanii.jpg?itok=YZf1D6hN

good enough ?

1 hour ago, Sabir said:

Yeah lots of people told me about it. But does it better than Sound Blaster AE-5 you think? Does it support 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound ? Does it have 32bit by 384Hz and 122db ? ;)

first of all, 5.1 and 7.1 are useless, personally. second of all, do you even know what "32bit by 384hz and 122db" means? i surely don't....

and im pretty sure the schiit stack is way better than the AE5....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

There is a review of the modi 2 dac on audiosciencereview that was pretty negative. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the soundcard being better.

As for speakers and headphones, if you aren't in a rush, get massdrop+sennheiser and massdrop+jbl stuff from massdrop. It'll take a while to be delivered though.

28 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

do you even know what "32bit by 384hz and 122db" means? i surely don't....

32bit by 384hz - that is the resolution of the DAC and 122db is the dynamic range

i say you will need some pretty high end speakers and golden ears to hear a difference between this and a similar quality 24bit 192kHz soundcard.

there are other facrots that are way more important than bits and kilohertz to make a soundcard sound good or bad - distortion and noise ratio for example. 

2 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

fine then - let's start with speakers. how about a pair of Siltech Pantheon XXV 

for just $125000 a pair

c8224c07ff4bde689eb1c32161d48445.jpg

if you wanna spend more (like 2x more) you could get some some moon audio titan speakers. 

moon-titanii.jpg?itok=YZf1D6hN

good enough ?

My budget is $300 to $350  :(

1 hour ago, SeanAngelo said:

first of all, 5.1 and 7.1 are useless, personally. second of all, do you even know what "32bit by 384hz and 122db" means? i surely don't....

and im pretty sure the schiit stack is way better than the AE5....

What is 32bit by 3840hz ? and 122db means sound volume. Why 5.1 and 7.1 useless?

1 hour ago, an actual squirrel said:

There is a review of the modi 2 dac on audiosciencereview that was pretty negative. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the soundcard being better.

As for speakers and headphones, if you aren't in a rush, get massdrop+sennheiser and massdrop+jbl stuff from massdrop. It'll take a while to be delivered though.

What about Sennheiser hd598 or hd600 and Sennheiset game one?

Sigh the 122dB is listed as DNR, which means dynamic range... The 32 bit is basically useless, most can hardly tell the difference between mp3 and 16/44.1.

The modi 2 and mangi 3 is quite a bit more detailed than this sound card.

So 300-350 for both headphones and speakers, that lands you with a set of JBL LSR 305 and like AKG K612

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

47 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Sigh the 122dB is listed as DNR, which means dynamic range... The 32 bit is basically useless, most can hardly tell the difference between mp3 and 16/44.1.

The modi 2 and mangi 3 is quite a bit more detailed than this sound card.

So 300-350 for both headphones and speakers, that lands you with a set of JBL LSR 305 and like AKG K612

JBL pLSR 305 is only one box lol. And what about HyperX Cloud 2 is it work well with modi 2 and mangi 3 and Sound BlasterX AE-5? Or should i buy razer man o wars 7.1 or kraken? 5a761594d389d_images(1).jpeg.5e26838a63bdcf52625686dfc31e4a5f.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sabir said:

JBL pLSR 305 is only one box lol. And what about HyperX Cloud 2 is it work well with modi 2 and mangi 3 and Sound BlasterX AE-5? Or should i buy razer man o wars 7.1 or kraken? 

They are sold individual yeah, this is how it is once you don't buy "PC speakers". You can probably get a set with all the cables and a volume controller for 250$. I know you can get manufacturer refurbished for 96$ per speaker and then something like the JBL Nano Patch Plus which cost 50$ and then just some cables which you can get cheaply. You can skip the JBL Nano Patch Plus if you have a Magni 3 or magni 2 uber, since it can act as a preamp.

Why would you ever buy Cloud 2 or even worse razer gaming headsets? It would be a absolute waste of money to buy Razer headests or the cloud, let alone also a DAC and amp for them when you can afford headphones that are a lot better in every single way None of them will be able to hold a candle to K612, this goes for both gaming and music. Ofc K612 don't isolate, but I am guessing that isn't a problem since you were looking at the HD 600 and 598. 

Also you might want to try K612 before you buy them, since they are quite neutral and for some that is boring. The bass is very fast and extends very well for a open headphone and the mids are very good, they have a good texture to them for the price and the upper mids are a bit pushed forward. There is also the K553/550 MKII which is a closed headphone, it will have more bass, but only if you get a good seal or else the bass suffers. Another good closed back are the creative aurvana live.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

23 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

They are sold individual yeah, this is how it is once you don't buy "PC speakers". You can probably get a set with all the cables and a volume controller for 250$. I know you can get manufacturer refurbished for 96$ per speaker and then something like the JBL Nano Patch Plus which cost 50$ and then just some cables which you can get cheaply. You can skip the JBL Nano Patch Plus if you have a Magni 3 or magni 2 uber, since it can act as a preamp.

Why would you ever buy Cloud 2 or even worse razer gaming headsets? It would be a absolute waste of money to buy Razer headests or the cloud, let alone also a DAC and amp for them when you can afford headphones that are a lot better in every single way None of them will be able to hold a candle to K612, this goes for both gaming and music. Ofc K612 don't isolate, but I am guessing that isn't a problem since you were looking at the HD 600 and 598. 

Also you might want to try K612 before you buy them, since they are quite neutral and for some that is boring. The bass is very fast and extends very well for a open headphone and the mids are very good, they have a good texture to them for the price and the upper mids are a bit pushed forward. There is also the K553/550 MKII which is a closed headphone, it will have more bass, but only if you get a good seal or else the bass suffers. Another good closed back are the creative aurvana live.

Which one is the best mangi 3 mangi 2 uber or modi 2 ? Which one should i get ? 

4 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Which one is the best mangi 3 mangi 2 uber or modi 2 ? Which one should i get ? 

modi 2 is a DAC. The Magni 3 is warmer sounding than the magni 2 uber (both of these are amps), kinda just personal taste, to me the magni 2 uber sounds a bit less compressed.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

modi 2 is a DAC. The Magni 3 is warmer sounding than the magni 2 uber (both of these are amps), kinda just personal taste, to me the magni 2 uber sounds a bit less compressed.

Just tell me which one should i get for better sound and bass. :) I am not expert like you. 

1 minute ago, Sabir said:

Just tell me which one should i get for better sound and bass. :) I am not expert like you. 

heh I am by all means not an expert (just very deep in the endless audio hole :D). The bass will be about the same. So like Modi 2 with magni 3 wouldn't be bad at all, plus I only think you can get a magni 2 uber used now.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

heh I am by all means not an expert (just very deep in the endless audio hole :D). The bass will be about the same. So like Modi 2 with magni 3 wouldn't be bad at all, plus I only think you can get a magni 2 uber used now.

I need to buy modi 2 and mangi 3 both? 

2 hours ago, Sabir said:

My budget is $300 to $350  :(

there we go - why not tell us your budget to begin with? 

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

there we go - why not tell us your budget to begin with? 

Because i wanted to see what you bring in and how good it will be. Which one you posted even millionaires can't afford it???

31 minutes ago, Sabir said:

I need to buy modi 2 and mangi 3 both? 

well the Modi 2 is the DAC (makes the 1s and 0s into a analog signal) and the magni 3 is the amp (amplifies the analog signal), unless you already have the AE-5 then I would personally get both of them, it isn't a must, but just getting the magni 3 and using it with onboard wouldn't really be much of an upgrade and you can't use the modi 2 without a amp.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well the Modi 2 is the DAC (makes the 1s and 0s into a analog signal) and the magni 3 is the amp (amplifies the analog signal), unless you already have the AE-5 then I would personally get both of them, it isn't a must, but just getting the magni 3 and using it with onboard wouldn't really be much of an upgrade and you can't use the modi 2 without a amp.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Nice bro but what is modi 2 uber means? Is that updated version of modi 2? 

3 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Nice bro but what is modi 2 uber means? Is that updated version of modi 2? 

it is a version of the modi 2 that has more inputs and uses wall power instead of just power over USB. It sounds a bit cleaner than the normal Modi 2