CPU Cooler Performance Tier List

I have the Corsair 115i Capellix. The cooling works great but they duffed the firmware for the Elite LED Upgrade Kit so now I'm stuck with Bernie Sanders dressed up as Colonel Sanders. Grrr!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

can we add the Corsair ICUE H170i ELITE LCD version?

we already have the H170i Elite Capellix All-in-One Liquid as tier 1, is the LCD newer version (which also has different fans and maybe other differences) also tier 1?

On 12/11/2022 at 12:20 PM, testgcd said:

can we add the Corsair ICUE H170i ELITE LCD version?

we already have the H170i Elite Capellix All-in-One Liquid as tier 1, is the LCD newer version (which also has different fans and maybe other differences) also tier 1?

Yes, added. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, im planning to buy an all in one coolers with transparent pump cover and pinwheel (if it can be refilled, even better). Can you give me a list of such coolers, here are a few I know:

- Thermalright Turboright (rare,can't find it in my place)

- Enermax Liqfusion 240

- Raijintek Orcus 240 RBW

- Cougar Helor 240

- CM Mirage 240

Besides that, what else? And in you guys opinion which one should I choose, many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

can you add these

ADATA XPG LEVANTE 360

ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II RGB
ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II ARGB

CORSAIR H150i RGB ELITE

DEEPCOOL LT520/LT720
DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX RGB
DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX ARGB
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L360 A-RGB
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L360 V2

ENERMAX LIQMAX III 360 ARGB
ENERMAX AQUAFUSION ADV 3690
ENERMAX LIQTECH TR4 II 360

GIGABYTE AORUS WATERFORCE 360

IN WIN NEBULA NR36

LIAN LI GALAHAD AIO360 (2022)
LIAN LI GALAHAD AIO360 UNI FAN SL120 EDITION

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2
MSI MAG CORELIQUID P360
MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360

THERMALTAKE TH360 ARGB SYNC

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 12:01 AM, Habbyy said:

can you add these

Some were added.

DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX RGB
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L360 A-RGB
ENERMAX AQUAFUSION ADV 360

GIGABYTE AORUS WATERFORCE 360

IN WIN NEBULA NR36

LIAN LI GALAHAD AIO360 (2022)
LIAN LI GALAHAD AIO360 UNI FAN SL120 EDITION

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2
MSI MAG CORELIQUID P360

THERMALTAKE TH360 ARGB SYNC

These weren't added -- couldn't find much info on these^

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Insane list, guys ! Helped me so much cutting down thousands of options that I had.

I ended up with a small list that I need some help since I haven't found much comparison between the models on youtube. First of all, context:

- Im upgrading my setup starting for the case. Bought a LianLi set: Lancool III + 10x 120mm SL Infinity Fans.

- Looking for a 360mm AIO for my future AM5 upgrade that is happening during this year.

- Since I bought the fans, Im replacing the AIO fans on any option I end up picking.

Considering whats available for me right now financially, I ended up with the following list:

• Lian Li Galahad AIO 360mm
  • Deepcool LS720* 360mm
  • NZXT Kraken X73 360mm
  • CM Masterliquid Pl360 Flux 360mm
  • Asus ROG Strix LC II 360mm

As a 0 experienced person, I would pick the Galahad one putting myself into a comfortable position of avoiding one more software to control RGB.. using the same LianLi loop. BTW, I am 100% willing to do that if there is a good reason to.

Thanks one more time for the amazing information you guys put here available for free 🙂

• 1 month later...

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 series should definitely be added to Tier 3 by now.

35-40 bucks for a cooler that's as good as a Noctua NH-D15 yet 10mm shorter!

Would you guys be willing to review the Thermaltake TH420? $140 for a 420mm AIO seems like a great value, but they don't state TDP and their support has told me they don't know it. There are not a lot of 420mm AIOs out there (probably because there are not a lot of great cases that will fit them), so it would be pretty neat if there was competition for the Arctic Liquid freezer ii 420mm, or even if this beat it by a notable margin.

https://uk.thermaltake.com/th420-argb-sync-all-in-one-liquid-cooler.html

Does anyone have any experience with the Endorfy Navis 360 (no lighting)? I was watching KitGuruTech (Australian) on YT and saw that the Tier 1 Endorfy Navis F280 was the all-around best of the 16 AIOs they reviewed. In the comparison charts, it consistently ranked in the top 4 for noise and temps, except during the 40dBA test, where it dropped to 6th. The EKWB Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB was the best of the bunch, except in the noise test, where it was in the middle.

If I assume that the F360 is better than the F280, then either that or the EKWB AIO would be a great choice. Sadly, I don't think that the Endorfy brand is available in the US, which is especially sad given their very reasonable prices. 😞 And, EK only makes AIOs with RGBs AFAIK.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering where the Thermalright Frozen Notte 240/360 would fall on the tier list or if they would be comparable to the frozen magic scenic or frozen eye?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have Ryzen 5 7600. Would you recommend me to buy DeepCool LS520 or NZXT Kraken X53? Which is better? NZXT's design make me wanna buy. Is there a really worth performance difference to buy LS520?

21 hours ago, jenk1ns said:

Hello, I have Ryzen 5 7600. Would you recommend me to buy DeepCool LS520 or NZXT Kraken X53? Which is better? NZXT's design make me wanna buy. Is there a really worth performance difference to buy LS520?

The 7600 is easy to cool. Either would be overkill so pick whichever looks better to you if your main priority is aesthetics. If you would prefer to save money, a 120mm tower air cooler would be fine and is cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 8:32 PM, DanCaparroz said:

Insane list, guys ! Helped me so much cutting down thousands of options that I had.

I ended up with a small list that I need some help since I haven't found much comparison between the models on youtube. First of all, context:

- Im upgrading my setup starting for the case. Bought a LianLi set: Lancool III + 10x 120mm SL Infinity Fans.

- Looking for a 360mm AIO for my future AM5 upgrade that is happening during this year.

- Since I bought the fans, Im replacing the AIO fans on any option I end up picking.

Considering whats available for me right now financially, I ended up with the following list:

• Lian Li Galahad AIO 360mm
  • Deepcool LS720* 360mm
  • NZXT Kraken X73 360mm
  • CM Masterliquid Pl360 Flux 360mm
  • Asus ROG Strix LC II 360mm

As a 0 experienced person, I would pick the Galahad one putting myself into a comfortable position of avoiding one more software to control RGB.. using the same LianLi loop. BTW, I am 100% willing to do that if there is a good reason to.

Thanks one more time for the amazing information you guys put here available for free 🙂

I have the same doubt
which one did you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please add  Msi MAG CoreLiquid 280R?

• 4 weeks later...

@WoodenMarker

The new DeepCool Assassin-IV has been released today. Judging by its performance that is basically equivalent to the old Assassin-III overall and still better than the Noctua D-15, it belongs in Tier 2 alongside the Assassin-III.

The main reasons for picking one of these coolers up are:

1.) Less expensive than D-15 while outperforming it

2.) Same performance as Assassin-III while offering extremely clean aesthetics and 100% tall system RAM clearance.

The performance review and a link to buy the Assassin-IV can be found in our discussion thread below:

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

How exactly are the coolers on this tier list measured?  Noise-normalized thermals?  Thermals?  

It would help to have a conveniently accessible information on price, airflow, thermals, maybe a table.  I get that price varies.  And it can vary based on what CPU is used.  And there are a long list of resources on the bottom, but people aren't going to dig through 50 links for an inquiry.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

On 7/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, minervx said:

How exactly are the coolers on this tier list measured?  Noise-normalized thermals?  Thermals?  

It would help to have a conveniently accessible information on price, airflow, thermals, maybe a table.  I get that price varies.  And it can vary based on what CPU is used.  And there are a long list of resources on the bottom, but people aren't going to dig through 50 links for an inquiry.

Just thermals. This list is mainly a reference for performance so that it may be easier to evaluate a cooler along with other more variable metrics such as price, etc.

Almost no one measures the airflow from a cooler since it's not meaningful. Reviewers use a variety of metrics that don't allow direct noise-normalized thermal comparisons.

• 1 month later...

This might be the ideal topic for me to ask. Right now I'm having a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (rev 7) and it isn't really compatible with the Define R6/MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI-combo. I had to, well, jam it in there and I'm not happy with it.

Looking for an air-cooler that is useful for a 5800X3D and the paste to go along with it. I have some Gelid GC-Extreme and Arctic MX-6 around, but something tells me the MX6 is worse then Gelid and I could do better on both. I would love a paste I wouldn't have to replace every 4-6 months. If there are recommendations available within the Netherlands or Europe, I'm all ears.

On 8/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, SkyStreaker said:

Looking for an air-cooler that is useful for a 5800X3D and the paste to go along with it.

MX-6 is good enough for any system.

For cooler - I'd go for either Deepcool AK620 or Scythe Fuma 3. Just my opinions.

I edit my posts more often than not

On 8/27/2023 at 1:23 AM, SkyStreaker said:

This might be the ideal topic for me to ask. Right now I'm having a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (rev 7) and it isn't really compatible with the Define R6/MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI-combo. I had to, well, jam it in there and I'm not happy with it.

Looking for an air-cooler that is useful for a 5800X3D and the paste to go along with it. I have some Gelid GC-Extreme and Arctic MX-6 around, but something tells me the MX6 is worse then Gelid and I could do better on both. I would love a paste I wouldn't have to replace every 4-6 months. If there are recommendations available within the Netherlands or Europe, I'm all ears.

Most pastes don't need to be replaced for years and most coolers come with decent paste.

What are your priorities? 

Something cheaper like a Phantom Spirit 120 SE should be plenty for cooling: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/GpbRsY/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-ps120se

• 2 weeks later...

@WoodenMarker I apolagize for the exceedingly late reply. Job's been busy. Since I have some little amount of hearing problems and an Fractal R6, noise won't be the issue. If the paste wouldn't be the problem, I guess directing a good amount of air away from the CPU would be best and having it be at temps that are considered practically correct/safe/etc would be nice. The fans I currently have will be replaced with Noctua Casefan NF-P14S Redux 1200 PWM (2 bottom, 3 front, 3 top, 1 back) unless other brands/types are just as "good".