Is this monitor any good for competitive csgo

AH4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alienware-AW2518HF-24-5-inch-Response-Free-Sync/dp/B074JDKN3Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517344701&sr=1-5&keywords=alienware is this monitor any good for competitive csgo because i dont see any pro players using it and i am considering just getting a regular 144hz benq and am wondering if this alienware is good because it doesnt seem to get many amazing reviews compared to the benq ones thanks

Ignore me never mind lmao 

i thought it was just generic Alienware branded crap but maybe it's good at 240hz

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

ok thanks man also do you recommend xl2411 or xl2430 also does dvi dual link gice any advantages/disadvantages over dp

Just now, AH4 said:

ok thanks man also do you recommend xl2411 or xl2430 also does dvi dual link gice any advantages/disadvantages over dp

You need to quote or @mention someone if you want them to see your responses.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Review looks good. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/alienware-aw2518h-240hz-g-sync-monitor,5283-6.html

As in, no glaring problems and delivering on the performance it boasts.

I'd pair it with an AMD GPU, even though they tend to push a bit lower frames in CS:GO (so like, 300 instead of 1000 fps :P), the Freesync both removes tears and minimizes input lag compared to other Sync technologies.

If you have an Nvidia GPU, there is the pricier option of the same panel but with Gsync.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

@themctipers why do you reccomend benq also does dual link dvi give a disadvantage over dp also i experience screen tear 

2 minutes ago, AH4 said:

@themctipers why do you reccomend benq also does dual link dvi give a disadvantage over dp also i experience screen tear 

dp is the best cable. Turning on V-sync, getting an nvidia gpu with a gsync monitor, or getting an amd gpu with a freesync monitor will all fix this issue.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

@Vandorlot is freesync necessary to remove screen tear alot of the time im over 144hz btw i have and amd card

Its 240hz so you better have a very strong cpu to get those frames and also overclock the hell out of it.

13 minutes ago, AH4 said:

@Vandorlot is freesync necessary to remove screen tear alot of the time im over 144hz btw i have and amd card

I have a 240hz monitor with gsync but never use it. Can't tell the difference at all because if there is screen tearing it is only displayed for less that 5 thousands of a second.

15 minutes ago, AH4 said:

The only time you are going to truly benefit from the sync tech is when you are at lower fps. 

Just now, AH4 said:

@Brooksie359would that be the same case with 144hz say a benq xl2411

Yeah pretty much. Again this is if you are running high fps on a high refresh rate monitor. Screen tear is a lot more evident when at lower fps 

@Brooksie359 so should i get a xl2411 an asus VG248QE or should i fork out extra and get an xl2430 

7 minutes ago, AH4 said:

@Brooksie359 so should i get a xl2411 an asus VG248QE or should i fork out extra and get an xl2430 

I don't see the difference between the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones so I would just go with the cheaper one.

-= Topics Merged =-

@AH4 Please do not make multiple topics on the same subject.

One posted topic is enough and multiple posted topics confuses the conversation.

Thanks.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, AH4 said:

The XL2411Z and VG248QE are both super old and not a good value. The ViewSonic XG2401 or AOC G2460PF would be better options.

I wouldn’t bother with 240hz. It might make a difference if you’re a pro player and you’re already at top skill level and need an edge.

It’s nice if CS is all you play but I’d either save the money and get a 144hz or a higher resolution/IPS

That's an F in the profile pic