NVIDIA to launch Maxwell in Q1 2014

I think any cards that come in Q1 2014 will be 28nm 800 series re-brands.

20nm Maxwell will prob come in Q3 and it will be a year from now I think to see the top dog 880 20nm

28nm can GTFO if not a dual-GPU top end product. Anything else is not good enough for Star Citizen.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

28nm can GTFO if not a dual-GPU top end product. Anything else is not good enough for Star Citizen.

I'm hoping mine can do Star Citizen justice otherwise I'm gonna be depressed lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm hoping mine can do Star Citizen justice otherwise I'm gonna be depressed lol

660 will be fine for minimum settings at 1080/ 1200p.

I however, aim to record game play at ultra 1440p and have absolutely no toleration for stutter in any part of the chain.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

No 20nm... :(

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

It will be 20nm TSMC already set up months ago everything to get 20nm production ready for Q1/Q2.
And there is no way that only the 880 will be 20nm that would make the production cost way to high.
The GTX880/870/860 will be for sure 20nm probably even down to the GTX850 just like with Kepler.

RTX2070OC 

It will be 20nm TSMC already set up months ago everything to get 20nm production ready for Q1/Q2.

And there is no way that only the 880 will be 20nm that would make the production cost way to high.

The GTX880/870/860 will be for sure 20nm probably even down to the GTX850 just like with Kepler.

From what I was reading, the Maxwell architectire will remain at 28nm though only rumoured

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

From what I was reading, the Maxwell architectire will remain at 28nm though only rumoured

There is no way that's happening Maxwell is stated to be 20nm on the Nvidia  Roadmap for Years now.

And TSMC is getting 20nm production ready since october.

Also a rebrand would make no sense and they can't bring new 28nm GPUs because they don't have any.

RTX2070OC 

Forgot where i read this but TSMC had some sort of accident happen that stopped them from making 20nm til like Q3 2014. If Nvidia rebadges AGAIN then that's quite silly i think they already got all the performance they can get out of 28nm. Anything released in Q1 will most likely be 28nm

awww yiss

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'd say q2 would be a more realistic time frame for a proposed maxwell launch. Anything before that would be small breadcrumbs to feed the interest of us techies

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

• 1 month later...

Late Q2 / Early Q3 is more realistic than Q1.

The only thing coming out in Q1 would be there GTX 790 which i highly believe should be coming out in march just like the previous dual cards

much old

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

So looks like Nvidia are going to pull some more cards out of their butt.

http://videocardz.com/45403/nvidia-to-launch-more-cards-this-year-maxwell-in-q1-2014

Kinda a lil early dont you think?

My guess is that 780/780 Ti will be the 870.

you guys know that they are calling it maxwell because its a totally different architecture right? there wont be rebadging at least on the high end side.

and we knew it was going to be a new architecture for a while now

So I do not like calling out articles but this article was from August and they also said a GTX790 should have already been here....

This is old news and lol at the people saying they will be rebadged.

They won't be because Maxwell is a different architecture. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

exactly, the 880/870/860 will be maxwell arch not sure on performance  nvidia can pick where they want to put each of those GPU's performance but they will want  maxwell out with its denver arm core  to get devs thinking and producing ways to leverage that so they can make some headway in the mobile market

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

On tomshardware they mentioned the 750 ti being maxwell which is intriguing.

On tomshardware they mentioned the 750 ti being maxwell which is intriguing.

Yeah i read that on Techpowerup. 750 ti Maxwell on 28nm.

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

Yeah i read that on Techpowerup. 750 ti Maxwell on 28nm.

yep im quite intrigued since its replacing the 650 ti boost and thats what my htpc has. If its a big enough improvement and comes with a newer or updated feature set I might bite.