Ghost Recon: Wildlands Gets In On Predatory Loot Boxes

AlTech
25 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

haHAA Predatory btw 

29 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

"Predatory."

Building manipulative systems and praying on known psychological tendencies within humans that happen to affect Children and young adults more than others is predatory.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Why even add lootboxes to a game so few play, seems like a waste of time to me, either way I hate loot boxes because I like looting places in games and these bs paid systems are going to infringe on that.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Building manipulative systems and praying on known psychological tendencies within humans that happen to affect Children and young adults more than others is predatory.

Parents should parent, and adults should learn how to manage money. And quite frankly, this isn't predatory, games are not remotely essential to any aspect of life nor is there even remotely a monopoly.  There is ample opportunity to avoid this, especially when it's only cosmetic.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Parents should keep an eye on what their kids do then lmao, it's not fucking rocket science, if they're seeing money go out of their cards then punish the kids, also who gives a fuck when it's cosmetic

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Parents should parent, and adults should learn how to manage money. And quite frankly, this isn't predatory, games are not remotely essential to any aspect of life nor is there even remotely a monopoly.  There is ample opportunity to avoid this, especially when it's only cosmetic.

Thats not true. Predatory implies hunt, to seek out, and get the prey in your grasp. No one is forced to do anything in this world, but everyone has their weaknesses. And loot boxes target a certain kind of weakness to rope people the same way a predator does to their prey. Hence the term "predatory practice"

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The legal definition of a Minor is anybody under 21. So even 17 or 18 year olds (or heck even 19 and 20 year olds) shouldn't legally be able to use loot boxes no matter how you personally feel about them.

It depends on the country. In Australia its 18 for gambling and drinking...but your not classed as an adult by some governmental departments until your 21.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

if it doesn't affects the singleplayer experience then I'll just say "meh" and move on.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah, also the suggestion that some people think that DLC is worse than Loot Boxes makes me want to throw up. That's just disgusting to see how users have been brainwashed and manipulated psychologically into accepting Loot Boxes.

Look at fucking Paradox and then rethink that

My life

9 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Idk, cosmetic only loot boxes are fine IMO (if the DLC is free), because they do not affect gameplay in any way shape or form and they are much better than paid DLC, as they don't split the player base. (Talking about online games)  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: I've just realized that Ghost Recon Wildlands has microtransactions and paid DLC. Come on Ubisoft, this is not okay. :S

9 hours ago, JediFragger said:

Have to agree here, if players are vain/dumb enough to plow a load of cash into vanity items then the developer can hardly be blamed. As long as it doesn't affect gameplay then that's fine with me.

Plus, someone has to pay for the 'free' updates!

Not this again...

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

The legal definition of a Minor is anybody under 21. So even 17 or 18 year olds (or heck even 19 and 20 year olds) shouldn't legally be able to use loot boxes no matter how you personally feel about them.

Well, it's kinda dependent on what metric you go by, in the legal system and society 18 is an adult, for drinking a minor is considered anyone under 21. I figured the legal and societal definition was a more proper definition in this case

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

13 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Wow. Better than paid DLC? 

So a single Loot Crate is better than Witcher 3's Blood and Wine DLC?

<Sarcasm> <Joke> Shit. I can see the code in the matrix and you've got a future at Activision Blizzard Publishing Incorporated /sarcasm /joke

As it may not be fine for single player games, I can tell you for a multiplayer experience loot boxes are a far superior thing than paid DLCs. You must not play many MP games, for the fact of a paid DLCs is splitting the community, making queue times longer, sometimes providing unfair advantages to those who get it. I, rather not deal with that fucking B.S..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Not this again...

Fuck Jim Sterling. Cannot and will not listen to a word the guy says and won't give him my view. It is just cosmetics' Oh boo hoo I can't get this fancy camo skin for my gun, OH I'M JUST GOING TO CRY MY EYES OUT BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THIS WHEEL FOR MY CAR IN ROCKET LEAGUE. I'm just going to sit here and whine because I can't get this mask in PUBG.  

I'm sorry but as much as you all bitch about loot boxes, the only time anyone even remotely makes enough of an uproar to do anything about it is when it effects gameplay. And removing lootboxes will do exactly that. I don't know how many people who bitch about them actually play MP games but if the whales who get addicted over cosmetics, likely the same people to already get addicted to gambling don't seek help then it is their problem. I'll note this also, the amount of people to have their lives ruined over loot boxes I don't personally think is as high as most people here seem to think it is. 

And I'll also note as I did earlier. Fuck. Paid. DLC. If they don't get revenue from boxes, they'll want it from somewhere else. And the fact that in a game like PUBG, OW, R6, Rocket League, entire maps, vehicles, heroes, operators ect could be taken away from me because I don't want to pay  $10-$30 for a DLC every few months can fuck right off.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'd take cosmetic loot boxes over having to pay for DLC any day!! As long as I can 'earn' a certain amount of them through gameplay then I'm happy as a pig in shit :D

And this surprises anyone because?

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220