Suffering From Case Troubles/Going Case Hunting

Hello guys, big fan of Linus and the rest of the crew, i have posted here before, but personal trouble got in the way
don't worry everything is fine now. So guys, i do remember posting here for hardware/peripherals, i built my new
PC had no issues with anything, but the issue showed up later on. It's a ventilation issue, it's a TT Versa N21.
did research on the case, and TT states you could water cool the system probably for an iatx  board but not an 
full sized ATX,  such as the  which i own Asus 970 Aura/Gaming motherboard. I watched plenty of Linus 
videos, he did an all RGB build, and the case he was actually included for the build It was the In-Win 805
Infinity mirror case did he mod it for ventilation? talked to a few people and called in-win service email.

And told me i wouldn't have any trouble transferring everything over, It's the AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz and i am 
running it on the NZXT Kraken x52 (120mm fans), i guess people configs are different. I hear its an excellent case. then
i hear people mention how bad the ventilation for this case, as bad as people say it is, so i let the uber experts on this particular 
case. I Plan on buying the Kraken x62 (140mm fans)  for  what ever case i get, i know ascetics isn't everything but wanting to go
out and just get a great case with great ventilation and bigger radiator support...  Maybe you guys could give send help, guidance
Advice, and help prevent me from paying over priced that really doesn't help with what you are trying to do. I'm old school really 
want a nice case with bays, so i could install a fan controller and my bluray do it all drive. 

Hope you all have a great week and thanks in advance, sorry for about my messy post, my life sucks at times
suffering with chronic pain and living on pain killers through out the day....  

I would recommend the Corsair H100i v2 over the Kraken X62, it's much more reliable.

Yeah, the ventilation on that case doesn't seem to be the best. I've heard that about quite a few of TT's cases.

13 minutes ago, THAVICIOUS1 said:

great case with great ventilation and bigger radiator support

You can't go wrong with an NZXT S340: https://www.nzxt.com/products/s340-white

Corsair Carbide 400C is also good: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-clear-400c-compact-mid-tower-case

13 minutes ago, THAVICIOUS1 said:

Hope you all have a great week and thanks in advance, sorry for about my messy post, my life sucks at times
suffering with chronic pain and living on pain killers through out the day.... 

Hope you have a great week as well, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I'll be praying for you, hope it gets better. :)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would recommend the Corsair H100i v2 over the Kraken X62, it's much more reliable.

Yeah, the ventilation on that case doesn't seem to be the best. I've heard that about quite a few of TT's cases.

The H100iV2 and X62 have the same pump so reliability is about the same

Since I prefer Corsair's RMA department over basically any other company's I'd go for Corsair in this case, but then again the X62 will cool a bit better cuz of bigger rad.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The H100iV2 and X62 have the same pump so reliability is about the same

Since I prefer Corsair's RMA department over basically any other company's I'd go for Corsair in this case, but then again the X62 will cool a bit better cuz of bigger rad.

Corsair's AIOs are a lot more reliable, they're essentially the best on the market. I've only seen a small handful of H100i v2 problems, whereas I've seen loads of X62 pump failures and other problems.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

H100i v2 is cheaper so go with that

Inwin has terrible airflow, Define C TG, MasterCase Pro H500P (Mesh) and Carbide 400C has good airflow.

Don't get something like the BitFenix Enso.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Corsair's AIOs are a lot more reliable, they're essentially the best on the market. I've only seen a small handful of H100i v2 problems, whereas I've seen loads of X62 pump failures and other problems.

They literally use the exact same hardware as the Kraken series. Any sightings in the wild of people complaining about reliability is simply down to the fact that Asetek pumps are shitty. I've seen hundreds of people complain about the H100iV2 and yet I've seen fewer X62 complaints because it's newer.

It depends on where you check but Asetek is a shitty company with a monopoly on pump design, so they're all bound to fail the same way.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

10 hours ago, THAVICIOUS1 said:

the case he was actually included for the build It was the In-Win 805 Infinity mirror case did he mod it for ventilation? 

He did not. And yes, the case has possibly some of the worst airflow on the market...

cooler master h500 cpu comparative

Let's start with this:

• Whats your budget?
  • What are your hardware requirements (motherboard [ATX], number of hard drives, length of GPU, full specs basically)
  • What are you looking for in a case? (Silence, cooling, aesthetic, Tempered glass, color, exterior appearance, easy to work in/with)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yes you're about right Linus mention "this",I was out of it during the timei watched and posted really hard to think
straight when supine on a notebook, hooked up to oxygen, intravenous receiving blood transfusions & strong hard
pain medications  also via intravenous route/Central Line as well, my notebook looks like a hording contest on steroids.
i am about to copy and paste my specs on my new rig from the notepad  below

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit-[OEM]
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 CMY32GX3M4A1600C9R -[STOCK]
Processor: AMD-FX 8370 8core 4.0GHz-4.2GHz (Overclock Mode)-[STOCK]
Video Card: AMD R9 390 512-bit 8GB GDDR5* -[STOCK]
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster ZX
Motherboard: ASUS 970 Gaming/Aura  -[ATX]
Storage: Seagate/Kingston Technology
 2TB Seagate SSHD (Gaming Solid State Hard Drive)
525GB SSD 
 Kingston Technology 120GB V300 (SSD)*
Liquid Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52 AIO
Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Tough Power 1,200watt 80 plus Gold
Optical Drive: ASUS BD/RW/R/DL (Sorry Forgot Model Number)
Radiator Fans: Thermaltake Luna LED Blue 120mm/120mm 15mm (TT Versa N21 screwed me over from using 25mm)
System Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB Premium 120mm 

Budget Range: $100.00 - $200.00
Storage Drives: SSD/SSHD 
Motherboard: ASUS 970 Aura/Gaming ( I do think this board an ATX or Full ATX, forgot sorry)
Chassis:Combination of Cooling+Ascetics+Full Size  /White/ Panel/ Acrylic window/ 2-3
5.25" bays (Sorry I'm old school lol)

So pretty much that sums it up, I'll come back and check later guys, i wanted to reply because this is probably
the only time im not getting loads and loads of medicine via IV perfect timing my nurse is here to give me a plethora 
of pain meds. Again thanks, i love this forum nothing like other forums, people here seem very mature, And the vicious
villain loves knowing those type of things aren't stuffed in the ozone layers in html, java and others. Also let you all know,
this is a hospital, i am using my VPN, so i don't want any admin or moderator  to see unusually things, it's just that i am 
a security junkie, and want the bes protection out there. Just so you know that im not some rich guy whos in Japan one night,
Norway the next, hopefully i don't get into trouble for this i believe in following the rules and read them. 

Thanks again!

12 hours ago, THAVICIOUS1 said:

Budget Range: $100.00 - $200.00
Storage Drives: SSD(x2)/SSHD(x1)
Motherboard: ASUS 970 Aura/Gaming ( I do think this board an ATX or Full ATX, forgot sorry) [both are the same, ATX is "full sized"]
Chassis:Combination of Cooling+Ascetics+Full Size  /White/ Panel/ Acrylic window/ 2-3
5.25" bays (Sorry I'm old school lol)

Thanks again!

A good range of requirements within the realm of possibility! 

We'll start off with an old but gold Case; The Corsair Air 540. Basically everything you described wanting and needing in a case. $139

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011048-WW) Arctic White Steel High Airflow ATX Cube Case

Next up, the newest case of late 2017 and possibly one of the best in a long time; The Fractal Design Define R6 (it has a 5.25" bay behind the front panel door, dont worry) This case features Tempered glass, extremely modular layouts and the most extensive water cooling and cable management options in most cases available. $149

11-352-082-V127.jpg

Coming up next is one of my all time personal favorite cases; The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE Edition. This case features an almost entirely white interior with appropriate black accents, comes with RGB frames (not fans) so that you can turn basically any fan into an RGB one if you so chose, and offers very good bang for the buck in terms of overall build qualiy and easy building inside.$105

11-854-060-V01.jpg

Last (and, to be honest kinda least) are the Corsair 780 and the Corsair 760. These cases, while much older than the first three, using less quality components and higher price tags, are not terrible buys as they have great airflow out of the box, lots of room for whatever hardware you want to throw in it, feature good latch style doors and have multiple 5.25" bays. $180, (at the time of writing the 780 has a rebate to make it $160)

Corsair Graphite Series CC-9011059-WW Black / White Steel ATX Full Tower 780T Full Tower PC Case ATX (not included) Power Supply Corsair  Graphite Series 760T CC-9011074-WW White Full Tower Windowed Case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25