G4560 gtx 1060 pubg

So my system is a g4560, gtx 1060 3gb, 8gb of ram. I have been experiencing frame drops in games like pubg, beamng, and 7 Days to die. I've seen people play pubg without the frame drops my settings are also the same. Its weird because sometimes my PC will run it buttery smooth and then sometimes it will run like crap. Could it be a cooling isue? Any ideas? I'm also thinking about upgrading to an i3 8100

You can thank the VRAM probably

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, Fanaticcell said:

Doubt it's the VRAM, but you can watch that with MSI Afterburner

Though no one was supposed to be buying 3GB 1060s unless that was the only option when you bough it. even then I would have suggested saving money on a 1050/RX 560/1050ti...

You can't upgrade to Coffee Lake on that motherboard anyways because intel said no.

Most likely it's just PUBG being PUBG.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Temperature might be an issue, since CPUs, etc. like to throttle when they reach a dangerous temperature. Have you checked what your temps were when gaming?

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Doubt it's the VRAM, but you can watch that with MSI Afterburner

Though no one was supposed to be buying 3GB 1060s unless that was the only option when you bough it. even then I would have suggested saving money on a 1050/RX 560/1050ti...

The i3 would be a complete waste of money because it's the same CPU basically, and you can't upgrade to Coffee Lake on that motherboard anyways because intel said no.

Most likely it's just PUBG being PUBG.

i3 8100 has two more threads, but I still wouldn't consider it worth it.

Wasn't the RX 580 4GB same price as the 1060 3GB before mining, and the RX 570 was just as good in performance but cheaper and had more VRAM?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

i3 8100 has two more threads, but I still wouldn't consider it worth it.

Wasn't the RX 580 4GB same price as the 1060 3GB before mining, and the RX 570 was just as good in performance but cheaper and had more VRAM?

Yes to the GPU stuff

I read it wrong and fixed the post, thought he meant the kaby lake i3s

the i3 8100 has 4 cores/4 threads, but he can't upgrade to it regardless.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Almost certainly connectivity, pubg with a bad connection = pubg with garbage fps

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

CPU and GPU struggle, PUBG requires at least 4 core CPU and at least 4GB VRAM for GPU (at low settings, yes low settings) in order to run smoothly

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

22 minutes ago, Fanaticcell said:

So my system is a g4560, gtx 1060 3gb, 8gb of ram. I have been experiencing frame drops in games like pubg, beamng, and 7 Days to die. I've seen people play pubg without the frame drops my settings are also the same. Its weird because sometimes my PC will run it buttery smooth and then sometimes it will run like crap. Could it be a cooling isue? Any ideas? I'm also thinking about upgrading to an i3 8100

Pubg is hard to run but not impossible, mind you it does favor intel / nvidia hardware greatly so you shouldn't have too much issue.

My suggestions:

If you are running ANY other programs or tasks while gaming your shooting your self in the foot.  You have a 2 core CPU it is going to need all of them to play that game well so be sure you have NOTHING else running not even music, YouTube multiple monitors etc you just need to accept that fact.  

Play at 1080p with all graphic settings on low/very low and see what happens.  Monitor your temps with Hardware Monitor and see if anything is thermal throttling because that could be an issue as well.

I personally play on a Ryzen 1600 w/ RX 580 8GB and I run everything quite low maybe 1 - 2 settings on High and I never go below 90fps.

8 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Pubg is hard to run but not impossible, mind you it does favor intel / nvidia hardware greatly so you shouldn't have too much issue.

My suggestions:

If you are running ANY other programs or tasks while gaming your shooting your self in the foot.  You have a 2 core CPU it is going to need all of them to play that game well so be sure you have NOTHING else running not even music, YouTube multiple monitors etc you just need to accept that fact.  

Play at 1080p with all graphic settings on low/very low and see what happens.  Monitor your temps with Hardware Monitor and see if anything is thermal throttling because that could be an issue as well.

I personally play on a Ryzen 1600 w/ RX 580 8GB and I run everything quite low maybe 1 - 2 settings on High and I never go below 90fps.

38 minutes ago, Fanaticcell said:

30 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Temperature might be an issue, since CPUs, etc. like to throttle when they reach a dangerous temperature. Have you checked what your temps were when gaming?

33 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Probably right.

I could upgrade to 6gb and i5 maybe do you think its worth it?

20 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

CPU and GPU struggle, PUBG requires at least 4 core CPU and at least 4GB VRAM for GPU (at low settings, yes low settings) in order to run smoothly

I'm thinking more of a vram problem because I've seen people play with the same specs except a 6gb 1060 on mostly high and get a steady 60fps or more

1 minute ago, Fanaticcell said:

You can't even buy a GPU right now, just live with it until next gen GPUs are out, or fine like an old 390 8GB card and maybe trade, uses more power though

and it's not worth wasting any money upgrading your CPU on that platform, what's your budget for upgrading? as the R5 1600 just can't be beat even if you have to buy a new board at $70

Besides that assume prices were normal you'd want an RX 580 4-8GB for free-sync savings in general.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Fanaticcell said:

I could upgrade to 6gb and i5 maybe do you think its worth it?

I wouldnt upgrade your GPU you should be able to get acceptable frame rates with that card going the the 6GB would be a waste of money.

I know the above video is using a high end CPU but it shows that your card is very much capable of decent frame rates especially on lower settings.  Also the min requirements for pubg as seen here:

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space

Your biggest improvement will be seen with upgrading the CPU to a used i5 and possibly another 8GB stick of ram.  I wouldn't pay out the wazoo for these parts tho. DO NOT buy a gpu right now the prices are stupid.

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

I don't think you're going to find an i5 7400 or above for $99 or below which is the only price I'd suggest you pay for it if any

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

I wouldnt upgrade your GPU you should be able to get acceptable frame rates with that card going the the 6GB would be a waste of money.

I know the above video is using a high end CPU but it shows that your card is very much capable of decent frame rates especially on lower settings.  Also the min requirements for pubg as seen here:

• MINIMUM:

Your biggest improvement will be seen with upgrading the CPU to a used i5 and possibly another 8GB stick of ram.  I wouldn't pay out the wazoo for these parts tho. DO NOT buy a gpu right now the prices are stupid.

I haven't really studied up in the whole bitcoin thing too much. When do you think it will be over?

11 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

• MINIMUM:

So upgrade to an i5 and +8gb of memory should do me good?

3 minutes ago, Fanaticcell said:

So upgrade to an i5 and +8gb of memory should do me good?

No do not waste your money on a kaby lake i5 lol

what's your budget for upgrading your CPU?

No one knows when the GPU mining craze will end, probably whenever bitcoin completely crashes again

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No do not waste your money on a kaby lake i5 lol

what's your budget for upgrading your CPU?

No one knows when the GPU mining craze will end, probably whenever bitcoin completely crashes again

I mean anything under 200, what about a i3 7100 idk anything about those

59 minutes ago, Jasun said:

My CPU is at 40 to 55°c 

16 minutes ago, Fanaticcell said:

I mean anything under 200, what about a i3 7100 idk anything about those

The i3 7100 is the same CPU as the G4560, 2 cores 4 threads with similar performance

For overall performance you'd want an R5 1600, the motherboard isn't too expensive

though the R5 1400 is likely good enough, and is 4 cores 8 threads at only $150 + $70 lower end board that'll still be fine

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jrpzRG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jrpzRG/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $215.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-19 22:58 EST-0500

And the AM4 platform is supposed to be supported until 2020 or something, the Ryzen+ chips coming in April will be able to slot into existing motherboards as well

Spoiler