Who owns Float Plane?

NumLock21

I think Floatplane is a subsidiary of LMG. Just like LinusTechTips? (I think) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Yup so it separates liability, say someone sues they can only go after say LTT channel money, and not Superfun.

Thats in a basic form!

On 1/15/2018 at 10:35 PM, NumLock21 said:

Then who is the Chairman?

It was in one of the WAN Shows where they talked about how due Candian Law that they can't just lend another company a space like buddies, and must follow the rules.

Im Sure they have another location to Hold all the Stuff and or written contract between the two companies where float plane pays for the space and has there own bills ect. Theres no reason not to do this. if Float Plane gose under all its debts wont be held against LTT/LMG as its a seperate company. but for many other reasons also. 

Many companies split up there divisions with LLC or similar type of set ups

I love that Linus took care of Slick like this. He's been loyal for years, and it's nice to see the duo getting stronger!

CPU:i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz | GPU: 2 x GTX 980's | Mobo: Asus Maximum Hero VII | RAM: 16GB's ARES GSkill @ 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair AXI 760W | OS: Win 8.1 Professional 64-bit | Monitor: 27" 1440p IPS panel | Heatsink: H100i

23 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

linus is technically owner

luke CTO

and yeah so really LMG is the parent company of FP

No. LMG is one company, FPM is another. Both are owned by holding company. Linus has said in WAN and other streams that they are keeping the two apart for many reasons. One being the service provider & customer thing going on between the two.

19 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Read above. LinusTechTips, TechQuickie and Channel Super Fun are channels operated by LinusMediaGroup (which also does other media creation work like ads).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv