Define R6 Vs. H700i

Hello.

For about a month now I have been looking at three cases in particular. The Define R6, H700i and the be quiet dark base 700. I plan on using the NH-U14S TR4 cpu cooler with the zenith extreme motherboard. Which case is the better case in your opinion? I prefer silence and decent temps over a loud pc with good temps if it makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.

3 minutes ago, Faketwisted said:

Hello.

For about a month now I have been looking at three cases in particular. The Define R6, H700i and the be quiet dark base 700. I plan on using the NH-U14S TR4 cpu cooler with the zenith extreme motherboard. Which case is the better case in your opinion? I prefer silence and decent temps over a loud pc with good temps if it makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.

The R6 is the best balance of both airflow and noise reduction. The Dark Base Pro 700 has the best noise reduction but worst cooling. The H700i has possibly the best cooling, but has no sound dampening foam and for the most part is slightly overpriced. 

Overall, the R6 would be my choice in this situation.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

R6 for sure. Great balance of noise and airflow and for me at least it's one or the prettiest cases on the market rn (I don't like all the rgb and stuff but kind of like a more understated minimalistic design)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

13 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The R6 is the best balance of both airflow and noise reduction. The Dark Base Pro 700 has the best noise reduction but worst cooling. The H700i has possibly the best cooling, but has no sound dampening foam and for the most part is slightly overpriced. 

Overall, the R6 would be my choice in this situation.

Thank you for your opinion. I have been looking at charts and reviews for about a week and came down to the same conclusion. Thanks again for your help deciding my future case.

13 hours ago, DocSwag said:

R6 for sure. Great balance of noise and airflow and for me at least it's one or the prettiest cases on the market rn (I don't like all the rgb and stuff but kind of like a more understated minimalistic design)

Thank you. I agree with the love for minimalistic design. I have some rgb components but I turn them off at times since I want some darkness in there because it looks nice. Thanks for the help again.

13 hours ago, ImNotThere said:

i think the h700i is straight ugly

the r6 would be my choice

I think the H700i is decent looking and that is why I put it on my list but I see where your coming from. It's not as nice as the Define R6 in my opinion. Thank you for helping me decide my new case.

Just now, Faketwisted said:

I think the H700i is decent looking and that is why I put it on my list but I see where your coming from. It's not as nice as the Define R6 in my opinion. Thank you for helping me decide my new case.

plus its more of a blank canvas so it will be fleshed out nicely by any lighting you choose to use

The R6 has so many options, it's a very attractive option to be sure.  The only other one I'm considering ATM is the H500M when it comes out.

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W