New Case Reccomendations?

Oberon.Smite

I'm looking to buy a new case with a budget of 200 dollars. I'm considering either the H700i or the Define R6 TG, but I'm also open to other options including anything shown at CES. Any recommendations for a case that looks nice without sacrificing cooling? 

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Anything from the Corsair Crystal line.

Fractal Design Define C and Meshify C.

These look like good options. Any thoughts on the H700i? People say it's priced too high but I don't really mind because I'm not going to replace this case for a while.

I really like Fractal Cases, I'd recommend the Define R6 or Define C. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, Oberon.Smite said:

These look like good options. Any thoughts on the H700i? People say it's priced too high but I don't really mind because I'm not going to replace this case for a while.

It's not a bad case, but I would personally get something from Corsair

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Dark base 700 its often on sale for about $200 or a bit less, if not i recommend anything corsair corsair ftw. 

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Dark Base 700, Corsair Crystal or Fractal Design Define

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Phanteks Enthoo Pro TG (non-M, has more drive bays and 5.25" bays if you're into that)

Fractal Define/Meshify C

Corsair Crystal 460/570X

The revamped Cooler Master H500P, with the mesh panel, shown at CES also looks good to me, and the H500M.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

On 1/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, Oberon.Smite said:

It's priced too high because of the "smart hub" that doubles as both a fan hub and proprietary RGB controller that on it's own probably costs more than $50. Other than that, the case is fantastic and can easily be recommended. The R6 however is the better value of the two since you're not paying that extra $50. 

As many have suggested, you dont need to pay top dollar to get top quality. The Enthoo Pro M TG and Meshify C (both under $100) are both exceptional values for the money with uncompromising airflow. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

i have a Corsair Crystal, 460x RGB. To my eye its one of the best looking cases on the market, and one of the smallest if not the smallest footprint of any ATX mid case. Only caveat is cable management is hard, would definitely recommend a fully modular PSU to make it easier. If size isnt a concern, the 570x is bigger and easier to cable manage, but has a glass panel on the backside so you better make sure your cables look good.

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It's priced too high because of the "smart hub" that doubles as both a fan hub and proprietary RGB controller that on it's own probably costs more than $50. Other than that, the case is fantastic and can easily be recommended. The R6 however is the better value of the two since you're not paying that extra $50. 

As many have suggested, you dont need to pay top dollar to get top quality. The Enthoo Pro M TG and Meshify C (both under $100) are both exceptional values for the money with uncompromising airflow. 

Yeah, I've decided not to go with this not even just because of the price. After reading about NZXT CAM software and how it logs your data, I'm probably never going to buy anything NZXT ever again. I think I'm going with the Define R6 when it's back in stock. I agree, the Pro M and Meshify are nice but if I got the Pro M It would be like just shrinking my current case (Enthoo Primo) lol. Still considering the Meshify but the TG is tinted so dark :^/

I have a Corsair 570x and can say that cable management is not so bad, but still not really easy. On my advantage, the computer is against the wall so I am not showing the "bad" side ;)

I bought it last year with some pretty hot components (aorus GTX 1080ti, intel i7 7700k watercooled with a corsair h100i). 

At first it is really pretty. in the winter I love it, but in the summer it is a nightmare. there is almost no airflow because of the front and top tempered glass pannels. I am running the case without them since this summer because my stuff was overheating. 

For prettiness, it is a YES

For usability/overclocking, I deeply regret buying it.

Enjoy the RGB :D

P_20170522_224207_LL.thumb.jpg.69f7b1599890e421dd354223c07010ba.jpg

7 hours ago, SACBALLZ said:

i have a Corsair Crystal, 460x RGB. To my eye its one of the best looking cases on the market, and one of the smallest if not the smallest footprint of any ATX mid case. Only caveat is cable management is hard, would definitely recommend a fully modular PSU to make it easier. If size isnt a concern, the 570x is bigger and easier to cable manage, but has a glass panel on the backside so you better make sure your cables look good.

Really nice case but I know if I got it I'd end up spending 100 on custom cables lol

Will it not 

9 hours ago, Jerped said:

I have a Corsair 570x and can say that cable management is not so bad, but still not really easy. On my advantage, the computer is against the wall so I am not showing the "bad" side ;)

I bought it last year with some pretty hot components (aorus GTX 1080ti, intel i7 7700k watercooled with a corsair h100i). 

At first it is really pretty. in the winter I love it, but in the summer it is a nightmare. there is almost no airflow because of the front and top tempered glass pannels. I am running the case without them since this summer because my stuff was overheating. 

For prettiness, it is a YES

For usability/overclocking, I deeply regret buying it.

Enjoy the RGB :D

To get proper cooling in my case, I had to set my 140mm rad in the front up with push/pull, and add an exhaust fan out the rear and top. We'll see how it does in the summer when it starts to get hot lol. I think if you added some fans to your rad to make it push/pull, and added a rear exhaust, it would help your temps a good bit.