FrozenCPU Rises from the Dead

LateLesley

FrozenCPU seem to be back up and running, and claiming to have no ties to previous owner Mark Friga Jr. It seem to be more complicated than that though, as it stated he was at the helm on the website till yesterday when it was changed, and the company registration still seems to be under Mark Friga Jr.'s name. 

FrozenCPU was one of the leading computer water cooling stores in its prime. If you needed a special fitting, reservoir, or any other water cooling part, you knew exactly where you had to go. Needless to say, the company left many water cooling enthusiasts heartbroken when they closed their doors back in 2015. According to an ex-employee's testimony, the owner Mark Frigga battled with an addiction problem for a long time, and an unfortunate series of events led to warehouse damage and the firing of all personnel.

https://www.techpowerup.com/240536/frozencpu-rises-from-the-dead

http://www.overclock.net/t/1645565/tpu-frozencpu-rises-from-the-dead/0_50

http://www.overclock.net/t/1645477/hello-ocn-we-are-back-and-better-than-ever/0_50

https://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_SEARCH_ENTRY   - search here for FROZENCPU.COM, INC.

I thought some people may be interested. :)

Personally, I'd be wary of trusting them, after the way things were handled in 2015. The treatment of staff was awful. It seems that Mark Friga is still in control, but they are trying to mask it. 

At this point I feel like other companies would have closed in on what FrozenCPU had to offer. The only thing I can think of that might still be good for them is super niche things like coolers for old-ass video cards and the like.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

32 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

I find the lack of replies on this thread disturbing.

Not really that important.

Though, my views may be a bit skewed as I can get anything I need from my work :P

If it wasn't for ncix going tits up i wouldn't care but now there really isn't to many good places to find a large selection of water cooling gear. So hopefully frozenCPU gets going again.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I've found everything special I need from performance-pcs. They have my trust, and really reasonable prices so I'm not throwing that into a company that's been known to take your money and never ship anything. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

19 hours ago, trag1c said:

If it wasn't for ncix going tits up i wouldn't care but now there really isn't to many good places to find a large selection of water cooling gear. So hopefully frozenCPU gets going again.

I ordered a Threadripper water block from them a couple of months ago and was more than happy with the shipping time. 

I was never caught up in any of their past drama, but I'm also not the type to dwell on shit too long. 

19 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

I've found everything special I need from performance-pcs. They have my trust, and really reasonable prices so I'm not throwing that into a company that's been known to take your money and never ship anything. 

Not that I’m promoting frozencpu but performance-pcs are trash. Their shipping prices are over exuberant to the point where I can literally walk into a USPS and ship for cheaper than their listed rates which I damn well know are significantly lower since they have a commercial account with a volume discount. They also have dubious sales terms that they do not stand behind when in the wrong.

I had an issue with them in the past where they were the only retailer with stock of a part I needed. I placed the order and it turned out to be different then what was listed. When I contacted them about the screw up, they refused to take responsibility and told me that all they would do is have me pay out of pocket for return shipping, then on top of that charge a restocking fee before returning what was left as a refund.

All I can say is it’s a good thing I paid with paypal because their customer service is garbage and they try to avoid accountability at all costs.

Never again.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

1 minute ago, Hellion said:

Not that I’m promoting frozencpu but performance-pcs are trash. Their shipping prices are over exuberant to the point where I can literally walk into a USPS and ship for cheaper than their listed rates which I damn well know are significantly lower since they have a commercial account with a volume discount. They also have dubious sales terms that they do not stand behind when in the wrong.

I had an issue with them in the past where they were the only retailer with stock of a part I needed. I placed the order and it turned out to be different then what was listed. When I contacted them about the screw up, they refused to take responsibility and told me that all they would do is have me pay out of pocket for return shipping, then on top of that charge a restocking fee before returning what was left as a refund.

All I can say is it’s a good thing I paid with paypal because their customer service is garbage and they try to avoid accountability at all costs.

Never again.

They didn't seem exuberant on shipping when I built my mom's PC 2 years ago. It think it was 15 bucks to ship a dual rad, 2 fans, tubing, fittings, and an EK Supremacy Evo block. And to be fair they package things very well. What's it like now?

30 minutes ago, Bit_Guardian said:

They didn't seem exuberant on shipping when I built my mom's PC 2 years ago. It think it was 15 bucks to ship a dual rad, 2 fans, tubing, fittings, and an EK Supremacy Evo block. And to be fair they package things very well. What's it like now?

I've paid like $5 when I need like one random part, it's more than I'd like to pay but obviously they don't make money selling me a $7 part and paying most of that shipping it. 

And I'd agree, their packaging is the best around. They stuff bubble envelopes with packing peanuts and tape around the whole thing. Might as well be shipping stuff out inside of pillows

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

50 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Never again.

I thought i was thee only one who noticed this, thank god i'm not alone. They're awful. They have obnoxiously expensive shipping, bad shipping times, and a dogshit slow as molasses website.

Titan Rig has most of what i need and it's all amazon prime, Modmymods when i need something Titan Rig doesn't have

On 1/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

At this point I feel like other companies would have closed in on what FrozenCPU had to offer. The only thing I can think of that might still be good for them is super niche things like coolers for old-ass video cards and the like.

Well if someone could just have a website with halfway decent filter selections and or just be a decently performing website.

Amazon has the worst filters imaginable, and PerformancePCS website moves at the speed of ass.

I'd try Aquatuning but even though I'm on the US version of the site I get UK pricing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ohhhh I Remember this place! yes they were awesome!!

glad they are back

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

FrozenCPU was a good place. Key word, was. Even if they come back, I wont be ordering from them; The owner effed up pretty bad.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

On 1/14/2018 at 3:23 AM, divito said:

FrozenCPU was definitely the place back in the day. 

When I was a wee lad I spent many an hour browsing their website. Which if I recall had the best search filtering around.