[Advice Needed] PC First Person Shooter game for an absolute Beginner

Hey all! o/

Need some game recommendations for a good singleplayer First Person Shooter on the PC that would be good for an absolute beginner to the genre.

Wife is interested in trying her hand and insisted on the new Doom as she 'used to be pretty good at classic Doom'... Needless to say much shrieking and flailing about ensued. :-P

Is there any simple first person shooter on the PC, preferably singleplayer, that anyone could recommend? Wife is a complete beginner in this genre. She's not much of a gamer, but since she is showing some interest, I want to encourage it. :-)

@Archon42 Well pc I think I good starter shooter would actually have to be the classic call of duty campaigns so the likes of MW1,MW2, WaW, BO1 those to me seem pretty starter level. 

The only issue with the MW1 would be the Sniping mission and the one after where you have to push through the town in a time limit other than that it should be sweet.

I Would have recommended Halo but you guys only have the Classic Halo CE on pc so :/ 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

12 minutes ago, Archon42 said:

Need some game recommendations for a good singleplayer First Person Shooter on the PC that would be good for an absolute beginner to the genre.

Skyrim. Any games where you take your time and learn how to move, interact, and react. Shooters are more about reaction time and coordination which beginners won't have yet.

Then try Portal if she can stomach the puzzles and orientation changing. Wouldn't do that one first, but certainly after a game like Skyrim it should be fine. :)

Actually I'd recommend the 2016 Doom on the easiest setting for a beginner. Maybe turn on god mode and other cheats if need be.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Even Call of Duty linear handholding would make an easy to get into series...

Just find whatever games you can on special, the SP COD's are usually good enough for a one or two time play-through.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The Half-Life series - best series of games I've played.

The Bioshock series - Bioshock 1 is one of my all-time favorites.

F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 - Both are in the horror FPS genre, both very good in my opinion.

Recently played Titanfall 2, pretty decent! I'd recommend it.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! :D

All that's left is to look around and see if the old games still run on new systems and we  should be good to go! (^_^)7

Doom sounds like it should be a good start. Just play on the easiest difficulty

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit