CES: LG ThinQ Smart Fridge with 29" display

NumLock21

CES 2018, LG's new ThinQ Smart Fridge. It comes with a 29" touch screen display that's also has a unique feature. Knock on it twice and the screen become transparent, letting you see what's inside.

The intelligent refrigerator recommends delicious recipes based on what is on hand to provide a revolutionary answer to the timeless question of what to eat for dinner. Once a recipe is selected, the fridge automatically sends the information to a connected oven with Alexa verbally guiding the chef through each step of the process, for a fuss-free cooking experience. Users can also access and listen to their favorite songs on Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and other streaming music services directly on the InstaView ThinQ for a more pleasant cooking and dining experience.

What’s more, the InstaView ThinQ refrigerator offers a streamlined food management system through LG’s webOS platform and Alexa’s voice recognition technology. The Smart Tag feature allows the addition of stickers, tags and expiration dates to food stored in the smart fridge, issuing alerts as an item reaches its expiration date. When grocery shopping, users can check the contents of the fridge via their smartphones connected to the wide-angle PanoramaView camera inside the InstaView ThinQ.

IMO, I doubt the screen is actually transparent. Knocking it most likely just turns on the camera from inside to make it's transparent. But if it's actually transparent, then that's really cool.

fridge.0.png

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2018/01/lgs-connected-appliance-network-makes-the-future-kitchen-more-delightful/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/7/16860260/lg-instaview-thinq-smart-refrigerator-webos-alexa-home-ces-2018

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

"But can it mine Bitcoin?"

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

"But can it mine Bitcoin?"

Mine? No

Make? Yes

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I hope Linus takes a look at this

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

If only the monitor was horizontal and had inputs, I could finally replaced my desk and have a fridge in the office :|

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Coming soon: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. fridge edition

Don't give them any ideas lol. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, Matu20 said:

Nothing thin about that huge ass fridge.

lol. I find it funny that today's tech is get smaller and smaller. But kitchen ware is staying the same size. Nobody wants a tiny pizza. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)