Intel Celeron Dual Core, Windows 10

my dad has a laptop and it has an Intel celeron dual core.

he runs windows 7 on it and he's having alot of bugs so he asked me to update it to windows 10, will it be able to handle windows 10? since it's kinda an old CPU.

There's a chance it will, but depending on the CPU specs and memory, the laptop itself might not be up to running Windows 10.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Versti said:

he runs windows 7 on it and he's having alot of bugs so he asked me to update it to windows 10, will it be able to handle windows 10? since it's kinda an old CPU.

I think every processor higher than 1Ghz will run Windows 10, put you need to know that the Celeron you mentioned up will not run Windows 10 as an i5...

2 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

What are the exact specifiactions of the processor?

I'm not sure, he only told me it's a Celeron with two cores (as far as he knows), and i can't really check it because he isnt here nor his laptop, but he wants me to update it once he gets back from work.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There's a chance it will, but depending on the CPU specs and memory, the laptop itself might not be up to running Windows 10.

2 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

I think every processor higher than 1Ghz will run Windows 10, put you need to know that the Celeron you mentioned up will not run Windows 10 as an i5...

thanks, but do you guys recommend me to update it for him? he's mostly having connection issues (wifi connection issues)

2 minutes ago, Versti said:

I'm not sure, he only told me it's a Celeron with two cores (as far as he knows), and i can't really check it because he isnt here nor his laptop, but he wants me to update it once he gets back from work.

Then just go with it, you can't lose anything, just install a fresh copy of Windows 10, and you will see if it will run it or no, there's not much things to be done now

2 minutes ago, Versti said:

thanks, but do you guys recommend me to update it for him? he's mostly having connection issues (wifi connection issues)

I recommend you update it

or is it a no-no, because its not a fast cpu

Just now, Versti said:

wifi connection issues

Try updating his WLAN adapter drivers first. Might take some hunting around in the Device Manager before you find the adapter name and model number

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Versti said:

How old is the laptop? If it was released in the past ~5 years, I would expect it to be a newer socket type so it'll probably be one of the new Celerons. Those aren't particularity powerful but does get the job done when paired with a SSD, for example. 

Anyways, you can always revert back to Windows 7 in the first month of upgrading to Windows 10--so I reccomend updating and testing from their. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

I installed W10 on an E8400 Core 2 Duo. I didn't leave it that way but it should be fine.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

41 minutes ago, Versti said:

windows 10 has even more bugs and will run like ass on anything this weak.

34 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

windows 10 has even more bugs and will run like ass on anything this weak.

BS. Windows 10 gives me 0 problems and uses less headwear than 7/8. Its a mobile OS after all.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430