HELP! Can't Decide on parts

iParaShane

So I am making a list of things i need for my first Computer build. This is what i have so far:

CPU: INTEL CORE i7-8700K
CPU Cooler: 
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
Memory: VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB
Storage: BarraCuda Pro Hard Drive 10TB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Case:  
Power Supply:  
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Any suggestions on the blank spaces or any part would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, your PC will absolutely rock!

I'd go with some aio CPU cooler if you want to overclock. Then, one of my favourite cases is Meshify C by Fractal.

2 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

So I am making a list of things i need for my first Computer build. This is what i have so far:

CPU Cooler: 
Case:  
Power Supply:  

suggestions: 

CPU cooler: be quiet dark rock pro 3, great cooler which is also quiet 

case: NZXT H440 is a pretty good all round pc case 

PSU: super flower leadex platinum, very good PSU, make sure you get high efficiency 

what would be your budget for these parts ?

Cooler: H100i V2 or some nice air cooler.

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C or Define R6.

PSU: There's a PSU guide on here, someone will probably link it.

GPU: I hope that's not a reference card...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

20 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

CPU Cooler: 
Case:  
Power Supply:  

Cooler = Noctua NH-D15

Case = Fractal Design Meshify C

Powaa Supply = SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 550W

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

What's the PC gonna be used for? Where do you live?

I would change the SSD. The 850 pro simply is no longer a good value. Either get a larger SATA drive (850 evo, MX300, Ultra/Blue 3D, BX300, MX500, etc. are all good choices), or if you're doing professional work get an NVMe SSD (960 evo probably).

I would also get a non-founders GPU

As for cooler, I like the Celsius S24 and Deepcool EX 240 RGB because they both are pretty silent. If you don't want RGB get the S24, otherwise get the Deepcool.

As for case, I'm not sure what your budget is, but the new Define R6 is a really nice case. However, I'm not sure what type of case you're into and if you want a lot of RGB.

As for PSU, generally Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3, and Corsair RMx/RMi are good choices.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

58 minutes ago, Cryptica135 said:

first http://pcpartpicker.com/

it will help you stay organized

also for cooler, what are avg temps where you live and do you plan to overclock?

on average temps are between 5 and 16 degrees celsius and i do plan on overclocking

1 hour ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

suggestions: 

CPU cooler: be quiet dark rock pro 3, great cooler which is also quiet 

case: NZXT H440 is a pretty good all round pc case 

PSU: super flower leadex platinum, very good PSU, make sure you get high efficiency 

what would be your budget for these parts ?

I honestly don't have a budget! I just save up until I have enough to buy the best parts possible

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Cooler: H100i V2 or some nice air cooler.

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C or Define R6.

PSU: There's a PSU guide on here, someone will probably link it.

GPU: I hope that's not a reference card...

What do you mean by a reference card?

14 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

What's the PC gonna be used for? Where do you live?

I would change the SSD. The 850 pro simply is no longer a good value. Either get a larger SATA drive (850 evo, MX300, Ultra/Blue 3D, BX300, MX500, etc. are all good choices), or if you're doing professional work get an NVMe SSD (960 evo probably).

I would also get a non-founders GPU

As for cooler, I like the Celsius S24 and Deepcool EX 240 RGB because they both are pretty silent. If you don't want RGB get the S24, otherwise get the Deepcool.

As for case, I'm not sure what your budget is, but the new Define R6 is a really nice case. However, I'm not sure what type of case you're into and if you want a lot of RGB.

As for PSU, generally Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3, and Corsair RMx/RMi are good choices.

The PC will be used for gaming in VR and just in general. Also to create such games as that is what I'm studying in college and doing for my job. I live in Ireland.

I honestly don't have a budget! Im looking for a futuristic gaming case that is sleek with a side panel to view all the rgb light components

11 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

The PC will be used for gaming in VR and just in general. Also to create such games as that is what I'm studying in college and doing for my job. I live in Ireland.

I honestly don't have a budget! Im looking for a futuristic gaming case that is sleek with a side panel to view all the rgb light components

Maybe the Corsair 460x/570x? Not sure if that's the type of thing that you're looking for.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Maybe the Corsair 460x/570x? Not sure if that's the type of thing that you're looking for.

Not exactly as im not wanting to have a full side panel that is see through. more like a partial see through panel like a window in a wall type thing

51 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

Not exactly as im not wanting to have a full side panel that is see through. more like a partial see through panel like a window in a wall type thing

I see. Maybe something like a Define S? Or S340?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 hours ago, iParaShane said:

What do you mean by a reference card?

Reference cooler. Is it Nvidia's own card, or is it an aftermarket card?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Reference cooler. Is it Nvidia's own card, or is it an aftermarket card?

its the founders edition from nvidia. What version would you have chosen?

4 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

its the founders edition from nvidia. What version would you have chosen?

Almost anything but that. Probably either an Asus Strix card or something from EVGA.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Almost anything but that. Probably either an Asus Strix card or something from EVGA.

What's wrong with the founder's edition! evga also sell a founders edition so i don't see whats wrong with it

17 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

What's wrong with the founder's edition! evga also sell a founders edition so i don't see whats wrong with it

Cooling. On open type card, just like Asus strix, you get better thermals. However Foudners Edition is blower type. It is more closed and because of that it doesn't have that good airflow when compared to open type wich results in worse temperatures. Also, Founders Edition doesn't have RGB lighting :D

27 minutes ago, iParaShane said:

The cooler isn't as good as aftermarket solutions.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈