Same temperatures on Corsair H60 as the Stock Heatsink

Zumbuh

pretty simple. my stock cooler was running at 100c in games and so is the corsair h60. what's wrong? my cpu is the i5-4690k.

2 minutes ago, Khris said:

Dear Lord 100C? What brand thermal paste?

Arctic Silver

you sure it's mounted right? Could be a bad thermal sensor. even the stock cooler shouldn't be hitting 100C...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

you sure it's mounted right? Could be a bad thermal sensor. even the stock cooler shouldn't be hitting 100C...

I've installed a lot of stock coolers, I just did it the same way.. and I followed the instructions for my h60. usually don't, but i really wanted to make sure that I got it 100%.

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

yeah, it could also be ambient temps. But im pretty sure 100c is like the limit for most CPUS anyways, so its probably just a bad sensor or something. The best way to check is to just get a cheapo thermal gun and chick it manually

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

1 minute ago, Zumbuh said:

I've installed a lot of stock coolers, I just did it the same way.. and I followed the instructions for my h60. usually don't, but i really wanted to make sure that I got it 100%.

can you hear the pump running? What does CorsairLink4 tell you about pump speed?

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

11 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

can you hear the pump running? What does CorsairLink4 tell you about pump speed?

Where would I see that in Corsair Link? (I've never used it before)

Another reason not to buy 120mm aio :P

It must be a bad thermal sensor or bad thermal paste.

Try another paste as i heard that artic silver is a bit difficult to apply and get it to work properly

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Another reason not to buy 120mm aio :P

It must be a bad thermal sensor or bad thermal paste.

Try another paste as i heard that artic silver is a bit difficult to apply and get it to work properly

What thermal paste would you recommend? I've pretty much always used Arctic Silver.

1 minute ago, Zumbuh said:

What thermal paste would you recommend? I've pretty much always used Arctic Silver.

Try corsair link 4 first its a monitoring software for corsair products.

Well i use artic mx 4

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

the H60 does not use any corsair link products (no USB connection).

show some pix of installed unti and we'll need fan speed and pump speed information.

33 minutes ago, airdeano said:

the H60 does not use any corsair link products (no USB connection).

show some pix of installed unti and we'll need fan speed and pump speed information.

how would I find pump speed info?

in the UEFI/BIOS under the header you plugged the pump harness to (usually CPU_FAN)

should register 4000-4600rpm

6 hours ago, airdeano said:

in the UEFI/BIOS under the header you plugged the pump harness to (usually CPU_FAN)

should register 4000-4600rpm

It's running about 4200 rpm.

so the pump is running, either you have a monitoring issue, mounting issue or running extraordinary CPU voltage, since both air and liquid cooling see similar temperature operations. 

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

so the pump is running, either you have a monitoring issue, mounting issue or running extraordinary CPU voltage, since both air and liquid cooling see similar temperature operations. 

Is there any way to test for/fix a monitoring issue?

4 hours ago, airdeano said:

screenshot your 100° CPU

At idle it sits between 60c and 75c. it changes a lot on idle, gaming is 97-100c.

temperatures.jpg

12 hours ago, Zumbuh said:

At idle it sits between 60c and 75c. it changes a lot on idle, gaming is 97-100c.

temperatures.jpg

what is your water temp?

System specs:

On 12/29/2017 at 11:00 PM, Zumbuh said:

pretty simple. my stock cooler was running at 100c in games and so is the corsair h60. what's wrong? my cpu is the i5-4690k.

how much thermal paste are you applying?  You may be applying too much. 

2 hours ago, mlung said:

Good question

6 hours ago, airdeano said:

turn your overclock off and retest.

I do not have an overclock on any parts, everything's stock

2 hours ago, mlung said:

I will reapply thermal paste and retest it