Will i still get the audio enhancements from my motherboard if i use usb headset

Intel HD Graphics

I have a motherboard that has audio enhancements ( on the z270 k6 gaming from asrock ). And i was wondering if i would still get the audio enhancements from my headset as it is usb and not aux

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

I have a motherboard that has audio enhancements ( on the z270 k6 gaming from asrock ). And i was wondering if i would still get the audio enhancements from my headset as it is usb and not aux

@Riles @TetraSky

No. 

Unless it's some crappy software, then you might. 

Just get a real headphone. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

No. 

What would you reccomend ( budget is $150 nzd )

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

What do you mean by this ?

13 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

No. 

So this is my mother board https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6/index.asp and this is my headset https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset

So you are sure i will not get the audio enhancements my mother board advertises and i will not be able to use the 60 ohms the head set says 

4 hours ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

So this is my mother board https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6/index.asp and this is my headset https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset

So you are sure i will not get the audio enhancements my mother board advertises and i will not be able to use the 60 ohms the head set says 

Okay okay okay. 

Thats not how it works, that's not how any of this works. 

1. The Cloud is a nice pair of headphones. 

2. You should NOT use the USB dongle that comes with the Cloud as it's shit. So you end up with Aux connection and will be able to use whatever your motherboard has. 

3. You don't 'use' the Ohm (Impedance), it's basically a characteristic of the headphone. Like the amount of Cuda cores a graphics card has. 

So basically throw away the dongle and just use the motherboard. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

so the problem with the usb headphone, is that it wont make use of the motherboards sound card. the sound card is used to turm a digital signal into an analog signal. if you connect the headphones to your computer with a usb connection then the headphones are going to have a digital to analog (DAC) converter built into them, and it will almost certainly be worse than the one your motherboard uses. 

while the cloud is a decent headset i would consider looking at a headset like sennheiser HD590's or beyerdynamic DT 770's and using a seperate mic. there are plenty of other good options as well, its just that those two are popular.

6 hours ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Yeeaaah, you don't "use" ohms, it's how much resistance there is (iirc), requiring more "power" to drive them. Without enough "power" (amp), it will sound fine, but you will just have to crank up the volume to hear them at the same levels as lower ohms headphones.
You should be able to just ditch the USB part of the HyperX headphones and plug them on the motherboard's audio jack to use the motherboard's built-in soundchip.

As for which headphones to get, you can't really go wrong with brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Shure, Audio Technica, etc... in your price point. As for which specific headphones, I'm too lazy to give a list. The two that Riles mentioned are pretty good, but here's a "2017 buying guide" for headphones if you want more choices.

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/head-fi-buying-guide-over-ear-headphones.17595/

there's 4 pages, it might not be that obvious due to the layout of the website... so here's the other 3 pages:

This one is from 2011 but still has a bunch of info that you should learn.
https://www.head-fi.org/articles/headphone-buying-guide.14163/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Okay okay okay. 

Thats not how it works, that's not how any of this works. 

1. The Cloud is a nice pair of headphones. 

2. You should NOT use the USB dongle that comes with the Cloud as it's shit. So you end up with Aux connection and will be able to use whatever your motherboard has. 

3. You don't 'use' the Ohm (Impedance), it's basically a characteristic of the headphone. Like the amount of Cuda cores a graphics card has. 

So basically throw away the dongle and just use the motherboard. 

5 hours ago, Riles said:

so the problem with the usb headphone, is that it wont make use of the motherboards sound card. the sound card is used to turm a digital signal into an analog signal. if you connect the headphones to your computer with a usb connection then the headphones are going to have a digital to analog (DAC) converter built into them, and it will almost certainly be worse than the one your motherboard uses. 

while the cloud is a decent headset i would consider looking at a headset like sennheiser HD590's or beyerdynamic DT 770's and using a seperate mic. there are plenty of other good options as well, its just that those two are popular.

There are 2 problems with me using the aux cable. 1 it is like not even a meter long and 2 it only has audio not the mic. help

So as I understand it, you already own the cloud headset. If that is the case then from what I gather from the link you supplied, the mic is part of the aux cord. if you don't have enough length for it to connect to the audio out port on the back  of your pc, then you can buy an extension. https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Female-Socket-Auxiliary-Extension/dp/B007ZHM81K is an example of what you could get, but I wouldn't get one so long. the usb for the cloud is just an extra thing they add in. who knows you might like the sound profile and features of the usb connector over the built in sounds card. Also the website offers videos on how to use the product.