Final Checks

The last week I have been planning to upgrade my room and PC Here is what I have.

https://kit.com/RoyKIT/gaming-room-kit

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($156.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($224.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  ($794.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($154.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 LUX RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($149.88 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Best Buy) 
Other: NZXT Hue+ RGB Colour Changing Internal LED Controller  ($56.28 @ Amazon) 
Other: Vipamz Extended Xxxl Gaming Mouse Pad - 36"x12"x0.12" Dimension - Portable with Extended XXL Size - Non-slip Rubber Base - Special Treated Textured Weave with Precision Control (red)  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: CableMod C-Series ModFlex Full Cable Kit for Corsair  AXi, HXi & RM -  ($99.90 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Total: $2721.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-28 10:22 EST-0500

it should be excellent to release the trigger, nice list

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

send it.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

What's your budget?

Power supply is overkill for that system. A 650 watts power supply should be more than enough, but i listed below 2 750w power supplies that are cheaper and just as good (or better)

1. 120$  (100$ after 20$ mail in rebate) : Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum : newegg

2. 110$ : Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum  : amazon   newegg

So you're saving around 30-40$ on the power supply.  Move that to a better mechanical hdd, buy something NAS grade or with at least 5 year warranty, and get 3-4 TB since that's where the sweetspot is.

I'd also argue that it's kinda silly to spend 800$ on a video card and install it in a 55$ computer case. Are you even sure the video card fits in that case (length wise) ?

edit: are the Cablemod cables kit (for corsair axi , hxi, rm ) compatible with supernova p2 or you just forgot to change them in the list?

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

What's your budget?

Power supply is overkill for that system. A 650 watts power supply should be more than enough, but i listed below 2 750w power supplies that are cheaper and just as good (or better)

1. 120$  (100$ after 20$ mail in rebate) : Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum : newegg

So you're saving around 30-40$ on the power supply.  Move that to a better mechanical hdd, buy something NAS grade or with at least 5 year warranty, and get 3-4 TB since that's where the sweetspot is.

I'd also argue that it's kinda silly to spend 800$ on a video card and install it in a 55$ computer case. Are you even sure the video card fits in that case (length wise) ?

Yeah, I do have to agree this build is a little imbalanced.

Also make sure to check if the HUE is compatible with the Corsair fans with the controller. ^^

I googled it but I can't find anything about the controller that comes with those fans. The fans themselves are not compatible with the HUE controller.

EDIT: And since you're doing RBG fans, maybe check for a motherboard that has some kind of RGB support like Aura Sync, RGB Fusion or whatever. So that you can sync everything up.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

What's your budget?

edit: are the Cablemod cables kit (for corsair axi , hxi, rm ) compatible with supernova p2 or you just forgot to change them in the list?

Should I Consider Changing to a Corsair - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply?

1 hour ago, JustDenDimi said:

Also make sure to check if the HUE is compatible with the Corsair fans with the controller. ^^

I googled it but I can't find anything about the controller that comes with those fans. The fans themselves are not compatible with the HUE controller.

EDIT: And since you're doing RBG fans, maybe check for a motherboard that has some kind of RGB support like Aura Sync, RGB Fusion or whatever. So that you can sync everything up.

download.png

1 hour ago, JustDenDimi said:

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

What's your budget?

Or Use this?
https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-b-series-dpp-cable-kit-black-red/

You can't just pick any random cablemod kit , you have to check their compatibility list and get one that's suitable to be used with your power supply.

For example, Corsair has 3 or 4 different sets of cables, so you have to pick a cable kit that is compatible with the power supply series you decide to buy.  A kit for Corsair may not be compatible with Superflower (sold in US by EVGA under their brand) or Seasonic or beQuiet or FSP or whatever else you may pick.

As for the power supply, like i said, 650w would be enough, I suggested those 750w power supplies because they had best value for money (100-120$ for 750w)

Should you change it to a Corsair 760w platinum? I don't know ... technically it would be a perfectly fine power supply but I'd check if this is a relatively fresh model (released this year) and if you will find compatible cablemod sets of cables

Here's a cable guide for Corsair power supplies ... you'll most likely have either Type 3 or Type 4 cables depending on the exact series : http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13740

If the psu series/model is 1-2 years old on the market already, you may be able to get power supplies with better specs or bigger warranties for same price. For example Seasonic Prime power supplies are excellent and have 10+ years warranty and you can easily find cablemod kits for them. Slightly cheaper Focus Plus Platinum are still excellent and again, you have cable kits for them

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

You can't just pick any random cablemod kit , you have to check their compatibility list and get one that's suitable to be used with your power supply.

For example, Corsair has 3 or 4 different sets of cables, so you have to pick a cable kit that is compatible with the power supply series you decide to buy.  A kit for Corsair may not be compatible with Superflower (sold in US by EVGA under their brand) or Seasonic or beQuiet or FSP or whatever else you may pick.

As for the power supply, like i said, 650w would be enough, I suggested those 750w power supplies because they had best value for money (100-120$ for 750w)

Should you change it to a Corsair 760w platinum? I don't know ... technically it would be a perfectly fine power supply but I'd check if this is a relatively fresh model (released this year) and if you will find compatible cablemod sets of cables

Here's a cable guide for Corsair power supplies ... you'll most likely have either Type 3 or Type 4 cables depending on the exact series : http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13740

If the psu series/model is 1-2 years old on the market already, you may be able to get power supplies with better specs or bigger warranties for same price. For example Seasonic Prime power supplies are excellent and have 10+ years warranty and you can easily find cablemod kits for them. Slightly cheaper Focus Plus Platinum are still excellent and again, you have cable kits for them

I wasn't thinking properly so I found this
https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-e-series-g2-p2-cable-kit-black-red/