Fanboys. Why?

TehhMiik

DISCLAIMER: I am completely neutral and I don't hate on anyone for their tech choices.

Why do people fanboy so much, and no I don't mean loving a brand/type. We are all guilty of that! Even not buying another brand because you prefer one other; not a problem!!

The people that I despise are the ones who cause misery and hate on PEOPLE for their hardware or software choices. And it happens right here on our forum, a community forum. We should really be pulling together as a community to help each other, not hating on and fighting each other. 

The other day I came on here to help an iPhone user who'd had his work phone crash and force restart! A work phone! This person might have depended on it for his/her work. I advised a couple of options, and a couple of other users were hating saying 'Buy Android' 'Don't buy Crapple'. I felt awful for the OP.

I just wanted to reflect on that. I go through phones as I review them, I don't prefer either OS but on the PC side I prefer macOS, I use Windows but I prefer Mac, however, I never go around telling people to buy Macs when they ask me politely to help them fix their Windows based PC.

I'm sorry for this forum. I'm sorry for this community. 

Have a great new year everyone.

Ry x

No one likes fanboys.

3 minutes ago, TehhMiik said:

DISCLAIMER: I am completely neutral and I don't hate on anyone for their tech choices.

Why do people fanboy so much, and no I don't mean loving a brand/type. We are all guilty of that! Even not buying another brand because you prefer one other; not a problem!!

The people that I despise are the ones who cause misery and hate on PEOPLE for their hardware or software choices. And it happens right here on our forum, a community forum. We should really be pulling together as a community to help each other, not hating on and fighting each other. 

The other day I came on here to help an iPhone user who'd had his work phone crash and force restart! A work phone! This person might have depended on it for his/her work. I advised a couple of options, and a couple of other users were hating saying 'Buy Android' 'Don't buy Crapple'. I felt awful for the OP.

I just wanted to reflect on that. I go through phones as I review them, I don't prefer either OS but on the PC side I prefer macOS, I use Windows but I prefer Mac, however, I never go around telling people to buy Macs when they ask me politely to help them fix their Windows based PC.

I'm sorry for this forum. I'm sorry for this community. 

Have a great new year everyone.

Ry x

people seem to think everything is black and white. the answer for a good device isn't simple.
im sorry to say this but no company is perfect and neither are their products and people fail to see this.

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

3 hours ago, ImHyperstyle said:

E.G apple fans (Usually) think that iPhones are the best and other phone manufacturers aren't good because 1. They don't know much about phones 2. Apples marketing is totally fucked 3. 

But that's not the problem. It's the hate they get. I'm not fussed if person A gets an Apple phone or and Android phone. It's not my phone so I don't care. 

3 hours ago, VictorianReaper said:

people seem to think everything is black and white. the answer for a good device isn't simple.
im sorry to say this but no company is perfect and neither are their products and people fail to see this.

Exactly!

No one likes fanboys.

Because people are biased idiots and can't imagine a use outside of their own. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

100% agree, Idk why people hate so much just because of a simple choice. It's the same with the console wars and console vs PC. I play on both so I get the best of both worlds but honestly the only difference between the consoles is personal preference. The base systems are basically exactly the same and yes the Pro and One X have the usual power struggle they still both play games at 4k. It all comes down to what the user wants and prefers. I prefer iOS on my mobile devices because I just need a simple, quick, efficient and beautiful device and imo Android has too much faff for me. On the other hand I prefer Windows to Mac or Linux for my desktop because I want and need to be able to control stuff a little more. Making choices isn't clear cut, different factors for different people, respect or at least accept their decision and move on.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

my main concern is people that take the jokes seriously (of any fandom really). these devices compete very well in their market and i give the companies responsible full respect. But some of the jokes ive seen have been taken seriously and it just makes everything chaotic

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

NVIDIA touched me. They touched me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Because they have to convince themselves that they made the right choice. You will generally find that fanboys are more aggressive the more expensive something is. Xbox fans say PlayStation is shit, and PlayStation says the Xbox is shit because they could likely only afford one (or their mother was only willing to buy them one) and therefore they need to defend their choice so they don't get buyers remorse. they don't want to be wrong. same can be applied to anything else. Intel vs AMD, NVidia vs ATI/AMD, Android vs iPhone, Windows vs Apple etc

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Marketing and PR departments for corporations work very hard to build fanatical brand loyalty among their consumers. That's why fanboys exist. 

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

AMD hugged me for too long and stood too close to me. I think I was sexually harassed. When should I expect the settlement check?

Seriously, some people are just immature and cant accept that there are many good options for each use case, except cars, Camaros rule Mustangs drool.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Retardation thats why.

A friend of my friend even said build with intel cpu amd cpu are hot even the new one.

I felt like i should strangled him right of the batt that time.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

It's actually interesting watching people deal with their ideals.  I have yet to read or peruse any research that delves into how we attain said ideals, but it seems defending them is related to a survival instinct.  Apparently being wrong indicates a flaw or failure and uncertainty, uncertainty leads to fear which is experienced as a danger warming from an evolutionary conditioning.  Much like many other facets of humanity that appear to reject reality/rational thought when confronted, people tend to ignore the facts and dig their resolve deeper into which ever ideal they have (in this case the belief that company A will look after them).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-people-fly-from-facts/

Then there are people who think they are above this and understand it all and try to dismiss said research, which actually only provides a case in point that the science is mostly correct.

EDIT: of course some are just trolls and enjoy being an arsehole at the expense of all other forum users.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

18 hours ago, Gamessys said:

100% agree, Idk why people hate so much just because of a simple choice. It's the same with the console wars and console vs PC. I play on both so I get the best of both worlds but honestly the only difference between the consoles is personal preference. The base systems are basically exactly the same and yes the Pro and One X have the usual power struggle they still both play games at 4k. It all comes down to what the user wants and prefers. I prefer iOS on my mobile devices because I just need a simple, quick, efficient and beautiful device and imo Android has too much faff for me. On the other hand I prefer Windows to Mac or Linux for my desktop because I want and need to be able to control stuff a little more. Making choices isn't clear cut, different factors for different people, respect or at least accept their decision and move on.

I agree.  People sure like to get into conflicts with each other over some of the most stupidest stuff.

Plus, to add onto about a business phone.  A good chunk of employees do not have control on what device they are given/issued to use.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

I agree.  People sure like to get into conflicts with each other over some of the most stupidest stuff.

Plus, to add onto about a business phone.  A good chunk of employees do not have control on what device they are given/issued to use.

The business phone is a good point, my mother had to use a BlackBerry for ages just because her company had a deal or something with them.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Generally , 

• We all are biased. Towards ourselves, against other people. 
  • Marketing works. (name your favourite company here I won't)
  • Deep inside each of us there is this demon that secretly let us believe that we are the ones that is superior. It can happen in many form. Racism, sexism, I am "better/stronger/smarter/luckier" than you because (insert what ever reason here, I use this product, I am from this country, my granddad is rich and coming from noble family ). (see point 1)

But at this forum? A lot of people are at the age of 12-18. And a lot of them have one dimensional belief. a.k.a as long as I don't like onion, whoever does is a dumb ass. Also another thing is this, that no one wants to talk about, money. A lot of people can't afford apple's product. A lot of people despise apple because they hate that apple marketing their users as this hippy trendy cool rich guy/girl. And it triggers a lot of people.  

At the end of the day, one they (hopefully not too late) everyone will accept society as it is. Different people have different beliefs, and they spend their money on different places, live their lives differently. 

It takes a certain degree of maturity and sometimes even courage to admit your own bias.  If you are open minded, at the end of the day, you are the sole benefactor. If you can stand in other people's shoe to think at their angle you will have a lot of friends  than enemy. And your life is gonna be a lot easier. 

It is nothing wrong being cynical (at least for a while) and we've all been there. At the end of the day, those one dimensional beliefs are only gonna hurt ourselves. So we might as well be open to other ideas. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

19 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Because they have to convince themselves that they made the right choice. You will generally find that fanboys are more aggressive the more expensive something is. Xbox fans say PlayStation is shit, and PlayStation says the Xbox is shit because they could likely only afford one (or their mother was only willing to buy them one) and therefore they need to defend their choice so they don't get buyers remorse. they don't want to be wrong. same can be applied to anything else. Intel vs AMD, NVidia vs ATI/AMD, Android vs iPhone, Windows vs Apple etc

yes. it is always money related. 

I have seen people here at this forum posted their main gaming rig + surface pro + macbook pro 2017 15 inch, + an old laptop for his setup.

I bet you a million dollar he does not participate in those amd vs nvidia, apple vs android debate,. 

Because he is rich enough to enjoy both side of things, and it feels great! 

19 hours ago, Gamessys said:

we should completely ignore other people's saying about our own choices in life. 

not even mention that those people are "online friends" only... 

if it works out great for you go for it! if it is not switch it up a little. simple as that. 

Mr Moose had an interesting point that makes some reasonable amount of sense. These kind of things do make you wonder about why an how these things come into being.

I did like how the first reply is an example of what the OP is talking about.