What should I buy to increase PC performance?

trzasku

Hi! I am an professional poker player and I want to build the best possible rig for my work. I do not play games at this moment.

My current setup is quite good but mayby there is a part that I can buy or upgrade that will increase my work flow, app speed and pleasure of work (like my new mouse did). What would be the next 2-3 part that could make a difference? I consider everything - from a new CPU to even things like a desk lamp or accessories xD

The applications that I use during work are the poker client (for example PokerStars) and a tracking software (Hold'em Manager 2that tracks the hands I have played and also creates a HUD on the poker tables. The tracking software uses a postgre database that at this moment is 130 GB of size.

My surrent setup:

• Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower
• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz + Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 @ Arctic MX-2
• SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB) + Samsung 830 (256 GB)
• PSU: Corsair RM650x
• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 12 GB 

• Case: Fractal Design Define S + 4x Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14
• Display: ASUS PG348Q + 2x ASUS MX27AQ
• Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s
• Keyboard: Corsair K70
• Mousepad: Glorious PC Gaming Race Mousepad

• Desk: Ikea Linnmon 200 cm

• Chair: Herman Miller Embody

c19a5261c08334b876849ea456a27bba.jpg

Yep Titan X Volta would do

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

that graphics card is a bit dated but unless youre gaming you're fine

you have an ssd so thats all good

personally, a small lamp makes it feel more homely, same with a small plant

love it or hate it, a light strip around the bottom of the monitors for a cool underglow looks cool

Nothing in terms of PC hardware for sure.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

21 minutes ago, trzasku said:

Hi! I am an professional poker player and I want to build the best possible rig for my work. I do not play games at this moment.

My current setup is quite good but mayby there is a part that I can buy or upgrade that will increase my work flow, app speed and pleasure of work (like my new mouse did). What would be the next 2-3 part that could make a difference? I consider everything - from a new CPU to even things like a desk lamp or accessories xD

The applications that I use during work are the poker client (for example PokerStars) and a tracking software (Hold'em Manager 2that tracks the hands I have played and also creates a HUD on the poker tables. The tracking software uses a postgre database that at this moment is 130 GB of size.

My surrent setup:

• Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower
• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz + Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 @ Arctic MX-2
• SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB) + Samsung 830 (256 GB)
• PSU: Corsair RM650x
• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 12 GB 

• Case: Fractal Design Define S + 4x Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14
• Display: ASUS PG348Q + 2x ASUS MX27AQ
• Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s
• Keyboard: Corsair K70
• Mousepad: Glorious PC Gaming Race Mousepad

• Desk: Ikea Linnmon 200 cm

• Chair: Herman Miller Embody

c19a5261c08334b876849ea456a27bba.jpg

Go with an i9 7920X

A BIAS lightning perhaps and a pot of plants.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

From what I can see, I would suggest you to buy a GTX 1080, or a GTX 1070 Ti. The only problem I see is your GPU is a bit old. If you do choose to play triple a games, and since you have a triple monitors setup, I would suggest you to get a high GPU. Also, What kind of work are you doing on your PC. Because you might need to upgrade your CPU toa 7th or 8th gen, or a Ryzen 5 or 7. If you do upgrade your CPU, I would also suggest you to upgrade your RAM to 16GB DDR4 as well. Apart from those, I think that your setup is completely fine. 

Hmm maybe a new GPU, but I'd probably go for some bias lighting tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thank you very much for the help! 

Sometimes the mentioned software (Hold'em Manager 2) do not work flawlessly so I thought a new CPU or a m2 SSD would help. But maybe it is not the hardwares problem but the app itself.

I will buy te recomended bias lighting and a small plant. :)

If someone has more ideas let me know!