WINDOWS CRASHING ON RYZEN

Gomir
Go to solution Solved by Gomir,

I got it working guys with just a fresh win install. Thank you all

8 minutes ago, Gomir said:

I reseated the ram, i ll go right away and buy some thermal paste because that is the problem ( i think i put my fingers on the cpu heatspreader )

Try the thermal paste, but it most likely is the CPU causing the issue. You've already said that there's no issue with thermals. The BSOD is caused when data collides and the CPU's logical cores doesn't know what to do, as I explained earlier. Most likely you will need to RMA your CPU.

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

SATA cable might be faulty. Try replacing it.

It's a CPU issue causing the BSOD.

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

26 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i spread TIM across the IHS with my finger. never had a problem.

1 more question, i managed to get it running cinebench and i had only 55° C and then it run fine for 20 mins and then it crashed, do you still think i should go and reseat the cpu? Or should i just install a new win?

Just now, Gomir said:

1 more question, i managed to get it running cinebench and i had only 55° C and then it run fine for 20 mins and then it crashed, do you still think i should go and reseat the cpu? Or should i just install a new win?

Old versions of windows does not make ryzen stable. like, at all. you need a new version of windows on that machine. period.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

37 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

SATA cable might be faulty. Try replacing it.

You might be right because i get crashes when i open a file up or load a progam or something, i ll try to update windows and if it still does the same thing i ll swich the sata cable

7 hours ago, Gomir said:

I reseated the ram, i ll go right away and buy some thermal paste because that is the problem ( i think i put my fingers on the cpu heatspreader )

That shouldn't be an issue. It might lead to a bit worse thermals but wouldn't cause blue screens.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

8 hours ago, wolfboytech said:

If you also have Win7, it will cause this as Ryzen isn't "supported" on Win7.

Actually it is. 

AMD's own site shows that the Ryzen chipset drivers are for Windows 10 AND 7, which equates to proper Win7 support.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64

The only thing about Ryzen and Win7 that's an issue is the lack of Windows Updates, but that's an artificial block that Microsoft created in KB4012982 and is easily circumvented.

I got it working guys with just a fresh win install. Thank you all