WINDOWS CRASHING ON RYZEN

Gomir
Go to solution Solved by Gomir,

I got it working guys with just a fresh win install. Thank you all

Hello, i have just built a pc with theese specs: Ryzen 1600 , asus b350-plus , 8gb crucial balistx 2666mhz , kfa2 gtx 1060 3gb. When i m in windows my pc randomly crashes and i get a bluescreen with an error, i uodated the bios to the latest version and installed all the drivers but it still crashed very often, what should i do? I also have an older version of windows and i am trying to update it right when i m writting this message. Haven' t done any overclocking and temps are ok

Whats the error that it says when you blue screen

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Whats the error that it says when you blue screen

Clock watchdog timeout

Have you overclocked the cpu at all?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, Gomir said:

I also have an older version of windows and i am trying to update it right when i m writting this message. Haven' t done any overclocking and temps are ok

Which version? 7? 8? 3.1 for Workgroups?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Gomir said:

Clock watchdog timeout

Could be you need to re-seat your components. Check that the CPU is all the way in, that you removed the "remove before installation" sticker and that there is appropriate thermal paste.

"The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble with cooperation from its cores and threads. Threads are tasks taken by cores, and some cores can take many threads simultaneously. The problem here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread — or a core is waiting for a response from another core — and those responses aren’t coming. Therefore, you get this BSoD error.

If so, just use System Restore to go back to a point where the system worked. Be wary of using any new devices that may have caused the problem.

If you’re able to boot into Safe Mode when your computer starts, run Driver Reviver to update all your drivers to their latest version. There’s a good chance this will clear up the problem.

You should also use Windows Update, and if you aren’t already using the latest device driver, install that as well.

Drivers are what is used to get your devices like your keyboard to interact with your computer, and while some misconfigured drivers can result in bad performance, bad drivers overwhelmingly result in BSoDs like CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

Windows Update can usually solve these problems, but installing new drivers is always advised if you don’t already have the latest version. You should also update your BIOS, which you can find at your motherboard manufacturer’s website, and install from there.

If, however, you can’t boot into your computer at all or this error is still occuring, you’re going to have to get personal help from Microsoft or your manufacturer."

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

If you also have Win7, it will cause this as Ryzen isn't "supported" on Win7.

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

1 minute ago, wolfboytech said:

If you also have Win7, it will cause this as Ryzen isn't "supported" on Win7.

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Which version? 7? 8? 3.1 for Workgroups?

I have windows 10 Home

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Have you overclocked the cpu at all?

No

I have windows 10 Home

Then you shouldn't have the issue. Try re-seating the CPU and RAM (I know, it's annoying), and then try to re-do what you were doing when it crashed. If it still happens, try to update the bios of your mobo (using another computer and a flash drive) to the latest version. If that still doesn't fix it, try to get your CPU RMA'ed.

Use this to create a fresh USB installer of Windows 10 and perform a nuke and pave (formatt and fresh) installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I can t use that tool, i tried using it on my other pc and it simply gives me an error at 50%

Just now, Gomir said:

I can t use that tool, i tried using it on my other pc and it simply gives me an error at 50%

Can you download the ISO direct from MS?

"other pc" ... but not this one.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I used an older win 10 cd that i have ( it is licensed ) but i think i have it since the lauch of win 10

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

OP has already stated they can't use their current system.

Just now, Gomir said:

I used an older win 10 cd that i have ( it is licensed ) but i think i have it since the lauch of win 10

That would still have worked. It is a CPU error, as I have already said.

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

This one keeps crashing

Just now, Gomir said:

This one keeps crashing

surely you know someone with a working PC...

System specs:

5 minutes ago, Gomir said:

You can use that. If your PC is connected to the internet it will automatically download and install the latest update while it is installing

Also before you do that reseat CPU and ram see if that works

Edited by Ethocreeper
It will automatically update

You can try to get the ISO from MS using this method: https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-10-iso-without-media-creation-tool/

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

You can use that and update when you install windows

I reseated the ram, i ll go right away and buy some thermal paste because that is the problem ( i think i put my fingers on the cpu heatspreader )

I reseated the ram, i ll go right away and buy some thermal paste because that is the problem ( i think i put my fingers on the cpu heatspreader )

OK get some MX - 4

BTW  I edited my reply

5 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

You can use that. If your PC is connected to the internet it will automatically download and install the latest update while it is installing

4 minutes ago, Gomir said:

i spread TIM across the IHS with my finger. never had a problem.

System specs: