Is my PSU or my MoBo?

Evilevf

So, this is my story, i had been using this pc that i bought 2 years ago

• Intel Core i5 - 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz (Using a Cooler Master Hyper 103)
  • Asus GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
  • Asus Z97-K CSM
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb DDR3 1866Mhz
  • Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM Blue

All of these components running under a 500W power supply, because i like to gaming in my computer i decided to buy recent most played titles (CSGO, Dota2, PUBG, etc..) but i had a problem, my GTX 750 could run those games but not at a framerate that i like to play, so i took the choice to buy a GTX 1060, also from Asus to minimize compatibility problems with my motherboard, after i installed it and started playing my favorite games i noticed that everytime i joined a match Asus Anti Surge protection triggered, so i started searching for answers on the internet, most of them said that was a PSU problem, since i know people here on Tom's Hardware are pretty serious helping others i decided to ask for your help.
Forgot to mention that i added x2 Other HyperX Fury 8Gb rams, and also i have my PC on almost 20 Hours a day

2017-12-0922.44.42.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Evilevf said:

So, this is my story, i had been using this pc that i bought 2 years ago

• Intel Core i5 - 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz (Using a Cooler Master Hyper 103)
  • Asus GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
  • Asus Z97-K CSM
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb DDR3 1866Mhz
  • Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM Blue

All of these components running under a 500W power supply, because i like to gaming in my computer i decided to buy recent most played titles (CSGO, Dota2, PUBG, etc..) but i had a problem, my GTX 750 could run those games but not at a framerate that i like to play, so i took the choice to buy a GTX 1060, also from Asus to minimize compatibility problems with my motherboard, after i installed it and started playing my favorite games i noticed that everytime i joined a match Asus Anti Surge protection triggered, so i started searching for answers on the internet, most of them said that was a PSU problem, since i know people here on Tom's Hardware are pretty serious helping others i decided to ask for your help.
Forgot to mention that i added x2 Other HyperX Fury 8Gb rams, and also i have my PC on almost 20 Hours a day

2017-12-0922.44.42.jpeg

just because it says it is 500w, doesn't mean it can deliver.. what brand/model PSU do you have?
also try disconnecting all internal usb connections and check your usb ports for bent pins

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

I like how you never stated what PSU it is.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

since i know people here on Tom's Hardware are pretty serious.

First off, this is not Tom's Hardware, but back to the PSU problem.  You say that your PSU is rated for 500 watts.  That rating is 500 watts peak., not RMS.  The RMS rating of that psu is actually around 350 watts.  As such, I believe that you are trying to get your PSU to put out more power on a continuing basis than it is rated for.  You might want to seriously consider obtaining a newer, higher rated PSU, something around 650 RMS should be more than enough for your system.

Mean power, or root mean square (RMS) powerhandling, refers to how much continuous power the speaker can handle. ... For example, a speaker with a 30W RMS rating but a peak rating of 60W means that speaker can comfortably run with 30 watts of continuous power, with occasional bursts of up to 60W.

https://www.google.com/search?q=peak+power+vs+rms&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS765US765&oq=peak+power+&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.5320j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

30 minutes ago, Evilevf said:

All of these components running under a 500W power supply

What brand and model? Are you using the required PCIe cable connector from the PSU to the graphics card? Not all 500W PSUs are created equal.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

You say that your PSU is rated for 500 watts.  That rating is 500 watts peak., not RMS.  The RMS rating of that psu is actually around 350 watts.  As such, I believe that you are trying to get your PSU to put out more power on a continuing basis than it is rated for. 

You can run a locked i5/1060 system on a 300W PSU without it ever breaking a sweat. I think a garbage-tier Logisys/Bestec/Diablotek/"Chinese Firecracker Factory 500W+ 80 GOL" unit is more likely the problem here.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

It can be unstable electrical voltage which triggered something like thunderstorm.

the current from lightning strike fried 2 of my motherboard. At best lan port dead, at worst the whole motherboard died.

luckily today's motherboard has power surge protections. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I like how you never stated what PSU it is.

I supposed everybody on this site knows what it is... i mean... this is a TI forum lmao

4 hours ago, kb5zue said:

First off, this is not Tom's Hardware, but back to the PSU problem.  You say that your PSU is rated for 500 watts.  That rating is 500 watts peak., not RMS.  The RMS rating of that psu is actually around 350 watts.  As such, I believe that you are trying to get your PSU to put out more power on a continuing basis than it is rated for.  You might want to seriously consider obtaining a newer, higher rated PSU, something around 650 RMS should be more than enough for your system.

Sorry i just copy pasted my post on Tom's Hardware since i received no response there :)

5 hours ago, Changis said:

just because it says it is 500w, doesn't mean it can deliver.. what brand/model PSU do you have?
also try disconnecting all internal usb connections and check your usb ports for bent pins

I always used the PSU that came with the case, in specification tab says "Standard PS2 PSU (optional)".

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002298
Already tried, also tried to disconnect everything optional but the graphics card.

Mean power, or root mean square (RMS) powerhandling, refers to how much continuous power the speaker can handle. ... For example, a speaker with a 30W RMS rating but a peak rating of 60W means that speaker can comfortably run with 30 watts of continuous power, with occasional bursts of up to 60W.

https://www.google.com/search?q=peak+power+vs+rms&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS765US765&oq=peak+power+&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.5320j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks to both of you guys, i'm going to buy a new PSU tomorrow, probably a masterwatt lite 600w (Cooler Master), i was thinking on running a PSU only for the gtx 1060 and another one for the MoBo and another things.