How can I make money off You Tube if I'm less than 16???

CastleCrusher

So I recently started a YouTube channel <removed> and realized the following...

-Google Adsense now requires either 100,000 or 10,000 views to use their program

-And Amazon Affiliates requires tax income information to use their program

Is their any way that I could make money from YouTube at my age, or is it the channel requirements that are getting in my way???

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SansVarnic
link removed for violating CS - Advertising

1 minute ago, ONOTech said:

Minus the viewing and subscription requirements, you could

• lie about your age (I do not recommend)
  • Use adsense through your parent's email
  • Use agency/network such as Fullscreen - the minimum age is 13 for Fullscreen specifically

Clearly, I think highly of the second & third bullet and not the first :D. If they find out about your age, your account will be terminated. It's happened to me before unfortunately (I was also really stupid with keeping it low-key).

Besides that, you need build some internet rapport and meet those statistics before applying to a network or Google Adsense. So grab that camera/mic and get to recording! Good luck!

I tried the second bullet before but the only problem is, I will have to work to get the required amount of views

Just now, ONOTech said:

Well of course. They won't offer potential ad revenue to someone without any credentials. 

Makes sense

5 minutes ago, CastleCrusher said:

the only problem is, I will have to work to get the required amount of views

Yes, it's called effort.  You won't earn revenue from YouTube by doing nothing.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I'll just work on my channel now and worry about money later

26 minutes ago, CastleCrusher said:

-Google Adsense now requires either 100,000 or 10,000 views to use their program

Is their any way that I could make money from YouTube at my age, or is it the channel requirements that are getting in my way???

Thanks in advance.

If your in the US you out of luck. You have to wait till you of age, falsification or "working around the issue" can get you and or your parents under scrutiny by the IRS.

I strongly suggest you contact YouTube and find out what you can do LEGALLY in order to receive Legal compensation for your work.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I really don't think at age 13 you should put your face and or real name on the internet, keep that in mind. 

It's also possible to make quality videos without your voice even, but you won't make much if any money and doing voiceless wrong is cancer. 

If you do actually do youtube, as a hobby not income is what'd I'd say. 

Mow lawns, fix laptops/tablets, there's other ways. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You have to tread youtube as if it is a job. (technically that is what it becomes). You have to put out quality content that people want to watch and develop a following of viewers and build up a reputation. 

Even if you didn't currently have a restriction regarding needing so many followers to get adsense. The reality is that you wont get much revenue if your view count is low. 

Realistically, you need to think of building a youtube channel the same as building a business. What you get out of it is directly proportional to what you put in. 

Revenue requires work. 

On 12/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, CastleCrusher said:

Thanks in advance.

Not alot of detail given here so im gonna assume a little *feel free to correct me*. You are young so you dont fuly understand how Youtube works. Dont stat making videos to make money or dont make continue to make videos with only monetairy gain in mind. 98% of the time IT WILL NOT WORK OUT. Do youtube because you enjoy it and find other ways to make some extra income. People always need baby sitters and people to do yard work!

All I can say is don't expect to make any money off of this. You'll have better luck getting a part time job right now and good luck with that as at your age, it's pretty much illegal. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

If you're going into any thing expecting to make money but you don't actually like what you're doing, it's not going to be sustainable. Find your passion first, then try to find a way to monetize it.

Besides, you also have to be certain you want to deal with taxes. But hey, the earlier you learn, the better.

Yeah one thing that others have recently mentioned is very important. You tube videos take time, investment and passion. 

Look at all the most successful youtube people, they first and foremost love making youtube videos, they have passion. 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, AshleyAshes said:

I'll have you know i got $20 by doing nothing on Twitch.

setup a burner email, and burner P.O box, take all the crappy chinese product offers people get, take them all. Make a chanel about all the crappy chinese products companies are trying to flog

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

by the time you have enough viewers, you'll be old enough to make money from them.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:37 PM, Syntaxvgm said:

I really don't think at age 13 you should put your face and or real name on the internet, keep that in mind. 

I know OP won't listen, but I can't say this enough. Out of curiosity, I decided to look up someone on a game I played (essentially doxing, I just had no malicious intent, just wanted to see how deep I could get), and even though he was rather "secure" just from his steam profile I could find everything on this guy. Where he went to school, his program at said school his name, facebook, IG, his town, photo's of his house. I was even able to find out certain personal issues that he posted online about in "anonymity". And that was all from an hour on a Friday night with a few beers.

I'm 20 and that was a very sobering moment for me, and made me go back and look over how secure everything I have is. I work in a line of work where some people have access to sensitive materials, and the stories I've heard about people -way more professional than myself- leaking said info/documents is mind boggling. A 13 year old kid (who face it, is not mature at all) posting their personal life, voice, and possibly face on the internet can lead to big fucking problems.

I've seen grown men fall into scams, and a 13 year old kid desperate to "make it big" and grow his youtube channel is an incubator for shit like that.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Youtube ad revenue is really bad, like $1-2 per 1000 views. Additionally, gaming channels have some of the lowest earning rates per 1000 views. 

The online money game is not easy, it requires providing a lot of people with a lot of value. 

Good luck though! you'll figure something out one day