Scanning and repairing drive

DaddyTrump1776
Go to solution Solved by DaddyTrump1776,

Don’t think I can reply to everyone at once but it ended up going black screen for a few min, then booting up like nothing had happened. Thanks for the help I guess I’m kinda just impatient 

I have had my pc for about 2 years now and have never had any problems until today. After booting I get sent to my normal MSI boot screen, but then I get told that windows is preparing to scan and repair drive. I decided to wait and let it run, but it got stuck at 8% for about an hour before I rebooted. This time I didn’t get a message and the MSI boot screen was pushed up about 2 inches as shown in the image. It sat at this before I rebooted and went back to the scanning and repairing drive screen. It’s stuck at 8% again. If I try and press a key to skip it I get the oddly pushed up screen again. My specs are:

• gtx 980ti asus
  • I5-7500 
  • Msi b150 gaming m3 mobo 
  • 16 gb ddr3 kingston memory
  • evga 750w bronze psu
  • 1tb seagate hard drive
  • Running on Windows 10 64 bit

i don’t really know what to do. I checked google but no one seems to have had the issiue I’m having. Any help would be appreciated :)

9F3D11EB-5EE1-46E7-A49B-7B27E8C78840.jpeg

If you have a separate computer, I think I remember a program called Recuva that can help with recovering files. I'm not sure if it would be able to fix it, but its worth a shot.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

@DaddyTrump1776

Press Del to go into the BIOS and configure your defaults, this would mean mainly the date, time then you would press f1o to save and reboot and if no harm was done you would just get back into the OS, however if harm was done to the boot cycle/menu of the OS then you will just either get a boot loop or some message about no OS or a boot corruption, in this case you would have to reinstall windows but when you do make sure you do not format the disk and then you can run a recover program to get back any lost data.

Now as @Imbellis stated you can just take the disk out of your PC and hook it up to another either via the SATA ports or a USB granted you have a USB adapter and then try to recover any needed data and then do an OS reinstall.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

@DaddyTrump1776

Press Del to go into the BIOS and configure your defaults, this would mean mainly the date, time then you would press f1o to save and reboot and if no harm was done you would just get back into the OS, however if harm was done to the boot cycle/menu of the OS then you will just either get a boot loop or some message about no OS or a boot corruption, in this case you would have to reinstall windows but when you do make sure you do not format the disk and then you can run a recover program to get back any lost data.

Now as @Imbellis stated you can just take the disk out of your PC and hook it up to another either via the SATA ports or a USB granted you have a USB adapter and then try to recover any needed data and then do an OS reinstall.

The problem I’m having it’s that I can’t even get into bios or the boot menu. It disables my keyboard before I can do anything. I actually got it to go through a full cycle of scanning and restoring and I’m just at what my photo showed. I’m going to give it a few min and see if anything changes.

Just now, DaddyTrump1776 said:

The problem I’m having it’s that I can’t even get into bios or the boot menu. It disables my keyboard before I can do anything. I actually got it to go through a full cycle of scanning and restoring and I’m just at what my photo showed. I’m going to give it a few min and see if anything changes.

Okay then wait for it, now be patient it can take some time. If all goes well disregard the bottom method of getting into the BIOS. 

That disable keyboard thing is just either fast boot taking place where the change over from BIOS to OS is reduced or a glitch. There is another way to get into the BIOS you can shut down the PC, take out the power cord, take out the RAM and then remove the MOBO battery then wait about 5 minutes then put back in the RAM, then put in the MOBO battery, then put back in the power cord and press the power on button on your case.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 minutes ago, DaddyTrump1776 said:

Have you re-seated the RAM? I had a similar problem with keyboard & mouse being unresponsive due to RAM being in the wrong slot / not seated correctly.

I'm unsure of how it would come unseated in the first place, but it doesn't cost you anything to try.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Don’t think I can reply to everyone at once but it ended up going black screen for a few min, then booting up like nothing had happened. Thanks for the help I guess I’m kinda just impatient