Epic BURN By Mom

Dygear
53 minutes ago, apm said:

they already banned him 9 times and they tried to take down the video, but the kid countered it. 

what else can they do?

In that case he had fair warning, and he deserves to be sued for future earnings (if any). I don't think his parents should be sued though, that's unreasonable to me, they should though be told to have better control over what their kid does.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

(from the soruce)

That kid is cheating on more games, not only Fortnite.

It would be one thing if kid actually realised that what he's doing is wrong, but he truly believes that he's in the right here. That cheating is ok if you are doing for fun.

Hopefully EPIC doesn't back off, fallows this trough and wins. 

Cheating/modding is fine depending on when and with who you use it!

Read my previous post.

If you and some friends in a private CoD Zombies game mod, why is that a problem (Aside from the leaderboard, but easy fix just give an option to opt out).

You are just ruining/enriching your own experience.

But cheating in public games with tools like Aimbot/wallhack - esp/level boosting is wrong, you are not only affecting yourself but also others.

TL;DR

If a cheater/modder doesn't affect my game and doesn't make my experience better or worse, I'm fine with it.

If the cheater is my friend and I agree, why is that wrong? I used to have an alt just for BO2 map mods. It added more fun, but was ban-able for some inexplicable reason.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

image.png

i take back my previous statement, that kid deserves to get sued. -_-

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Read my previous post.

If you and some friends in a private CoD Zombies game mod, why is that a problem (Aside from the leaderboard, but easy fix just give an option to opt out).

But cheating in public games with tools like Aimbot/wallhack - esp/level boosting is wrong, you are not only affecting yourself but also others.

TL;DR

If a cheater/modder doesn't affect my game and doesn't make my experience better or worse, I'm fine with it.

If the cheater is my friend and I agree, why is that wrong? I used to have an alt just for BO2 map mods. It added more fun, but was ban-able for some inexplicable reason.

Yeah. I never said it's not alright to cheat in certain cases.

But that that guy isn't cheating in private servers with friend or SP games. He's cheating in multiple games public servers, breaking EULA and another player experience. And the most infuriating thing is that kid believes he's in the right there.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

but for how much in terms of punishment...?

I'm drawing parallels with Amos Yee here (albeit a little too hyperbolic in circumstances). look him up on google.

i know who famous amos is lah

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

38 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

nahbeh this world how small sia -_-

not this world lah dey, its just singapore xD

4 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Your signature is very relevant, you must be in dreamland if you want some kid cheating on TF2 to be fined $500 by the government. Get real.

2 words:

South Korea.

the government reimburses people for digital goods. 

2 hours ago, JuztBe said:

Yeah. I never said it's not alright to cheat in certain cases.

But that that guy isn't cheating in private servers with friend or SP games. He's cheating in multiple games public servers, breaking EULA and another player experience. And the most infuriating thing is that kid believes he's in the right there.

Yes I actually know that, it is very clear judging by the video you can find of him play GTA: Online.

But I just wanted to point out my standpoint on cheating, not talk good what this spoiled brat is doing!

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 hours ago, Sfekke said:

Read my previous post.

TL;DR

Yeppers. I use lots of mods in Battlefront 2015, some of which buff weapons or change stats or tweak star cards. But I only use them in offline skirmish mode. If I used them in online it’d be cheats or might crash my game, but offline they’re just more fun. I still run cosmetic mods (mostly skins) in multiplayer because it makes it look nicer, but I don’t use any gameplay changing ones. It’s the same as glitches, I consider those basically hacks that were accidentally put in the game, so basically cheating. Anything that changes the gameplay or how it’s meant to be on a public server is cheating, but offline or with friends it’s fine. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeppers. I use lots of mods in Battlefront 2015, some of which buff weapons or change stats or tweak star cards. But I only use them in offline skirmish mode. If I used them in online it’d be cheats or might crash my game, but offline they’re just more fun. I still run cosmetic mods (mostly skins) in multiplayer because it makes it look nicer, but I don’t use any gameplay changing ones. It’s the same as glitches, I consider those basically hacks that were accidentally put in the game. 

That is what I mean.

Developers lock out the "good modders/cheaters" that just aim to get some ludicrous moments on their own or with people that agreed to play with said tools.

I'm not saying everyone should agree with this, but are we really bothering you?

All I do is get some new content or just cheat my way to wave 80 just to be killed by a glitch.

In my opinion there are 2 types of cheaters

1. Cheaters that affect other players, ruining or enriching their experience (Which one of the two depends on who you ask)
    • I consider this the "bad kind"
  2. Cheaters that have permission from people they know and only have them in a private match or play solo ruining or enreching their experience.
    • I consider this the "good kind"
Edited by Sfekke
Fixed some of the layout

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

That is what I mean.

Developers lock out the "good modders/cheaters" that just aim to get some ludicrous moments on their own or with people that agreed to play with said tools.

I'm not saying everyone should agree with this, but are we really bothering you?

All I do is get some new content or just cheat my way to wave 80 just to be killed by a glitch.

In my opinion there are 2 types of cheaters

1. Cheaters that affect other players, ruining or enriching their experience (Which one of the two depends on who you ask)
  • I consider this the "bad kind"
  1. Cheaters that have permission from people they know and only have them in a private match or play solo ruining or enreching their experience.
    • I consider this the "good kind"

Really, using “cheats” by yourself or with friends is modding (see how big then modding community is for games ranging from Minecraft to Battlefrotn II 2005. There are tons of gameplay changing mods that make games more fun to play). Using gameplay changing mods online in a public setting is cheating. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Really, using “cheats” by yourself or with friends is modding (see how big then modding community is for games ranging from Minecraft to Battlefrotn II 2005. There are tons of gameplay changing mods that make games more fun to play). Using gameplay changing mods online in a public setting is cheating. 

True, but I call it cheating since I really do not want to piss anyone off here.

Using Minecraft mods is considered okay, while getting more maps into lets say Black Ops 1 Zombies would be a crime worth a VAC ban? (Reason I use an alt for that)

Both just add items to a game, and still both treat it differently. Curious to say the very least.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Honestly this kid sounds like a dick. While $150,000 is a lot he kinda needs to learn his lesson.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Honestly this kid sounds like a dick. While $150,000 is a lot he kinda needs to learn his lesson.

He does, the way he goes about it lightly making it sound okay.

Disgusting spoiled brat, it sounds harsh .. but when it is true .. it sadly is true, you have to tell him what he is.

If I did that age 14 my mother would have

1. Killed me for going in an online game with violent shooting or just killing for fun. (Without asking since it is F2P) Unless I asked it was wrong.
  2. Made me pay for part of that fine and excuse myself.
  3. Restrict my internet access until I moved out. Aka monitor every move, so that is bye bye to pr0nh*b (Not that I actually use that :P)
  4. Tell me it isn't okay to cheat anywhere, the easy way is not always the best way.

That is what I'd get.

We got monitored at that age, until I aged up to 15 installing any new game or program (On my own system, not a shared PC) had to be asked for.

I always did that and never ended up in trouble with me relatives or online meetups.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

5 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

While this case itself is ridiculous, and his age group restricted from adult prosecution (at least here, across the pond), I do feel that cheating in videogames should be punishable by more than just a "ban". While this is an excessive display of power and a ridiculous fine, cheaters should know they fucked up and get fined for something around $500 at first, with an added $500 each time they're caught again. Cheating destroys games, so cheaters should be destroyed with them.

Very Few if any developer would care to go after someone for cheating for the price of $500 and the government  wouldn't go through the trouble of prosecuting and confirming/ convicting people at that price. its just such a minor Dumb thing that it makes no sense to chase after. on top of that this stuff takes forever months to years of hearings to come to the conclusion. 

At the end of the day the developer making the game hard to cheat in and then banning cheaters is the simplest most efficient way. This leads to what 0.01% of people cheating? and barley affects 99.9% of games to any point that its game changing. that 1 in 1000 games that you think might have been a cheater is about all it usually amounts too. 

That little Shitwit deserves his lawsuit

Interesting side note: He basically made Epic sue him. They filed a DCMA on his videos which is understandable as he was showing exploits of the game and encouraging others to break the terms of service. Upon this the guy wrote to them asking for his videos to be made available again. Now This caused Epic to file the lawsuit as you can't have a DCMA'd video at this point without a legal justification. So he in fact prompted them to go the next step. 

Should've just kept his mouth shut and nothing woulda happened...

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

7 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

While this case itself is ridiculous, and his age group restricted from adult prosecution (at least here, across the pond), I do feel that cheating in videogames should be punishable by more than just a "ban". While this is an excessive display of power and a ridiculous fine, cheaters should know they fucked up and get fined for something around $500 at first, with an added $500 each time they're caught again. Cheating destroys games, so cheaters should be destroyed with them.

Well, that is very harsh. And unrealistic also, but I understand where it comes from, as some games DIE because of cheating.

But I agree that penalties should be severe, just not like that. A fine would involve the government, and politics CANT start messing with games, they would make more damage than the cheaters.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

For some reason, I also am not a fan of cheating myself in a video game. I feel like there is some moral standard that I must uphold. But at the end of the day, it's game I really don't care if other people cheat. (Maybe because I haven't had time for gaming at all in the past 5 years that I really don't care anymore.) But suing the people who are cheating seems a little nuts to me. Why not just quarantine them into a cheaters group and call it a day. It's always going to be a bad PR move to sue your customers.

-- Mark Tomlin

8 hours ago, apm said:

they already banned him 9 times and they tried to take down the video, but the kid countered it. 

what else can they do?

I didn't know he was already banned that many times. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm surprised his has taken so long to reach mainstream, everyone's favourite lawyer covered this last week.

The important things, a minor can enter a legal contract without parents permission, suing a child is probably OK, the kid is guilty of what he's being accused and his mom effectively handed the prosecutors a signed confession.

Oh and as for them doxxing him? Yeah, no. They're suing him, his name will be fully available on public records because of this fact and apparently him being a minor doesn't change anything under Delaware law.

This folks is why you don't go writing a legal letter without running it by a real lawyer first.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Epic could have just filed to have the video taken down and be done with it. Suing for monetary compensation is whats going to get them burned in court.

The lawyer Mom Is correct and Epic is in the wrong here with how this went down.

If Epic had done its due diligence :roll_eyes: the they would have filed only to take down the videos with-out asking for an obvious (non) loss of profit. How they figured they would get monetary gain out of this would only be that they gambled that the kid had gullible/ignorant parents and lost hard on that gamble.

*edit

I in no way am defending the child's actions, but from a legal standpoint Epic is wrong in it actions.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

- Moved to General Discussion - 

Topic does not meet the guidelines for the Tech News section.

Please update;

• needs a quote

Will be moved back when updated.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This kid been cocky as shit, hope he gets slammed hard, wasn't even a epic burn at all. Epic is protecting their property and primarily their DMCA which might I add in big bold letters, THEY NEED TO TAKE HIM TO COURT TO KEEP THE DMCA AND THE VIDEO DOWN.