Halp D:

Tea1337

Just a couple of minutes ago I OC'd my ram to 1866 so I could get some more performance out of my CPU and RAM. The problem is, when I exited the bios and selected "Save changes and restart" it restarted, and now it turns on, but it doesn't send a signal to my monitor. 

What I've tried:

Restarting the PC

Trying to get into the BIOS

Turning my monitor on and off

Removing my RAM and reinstalling

disconnecting the HDMI cable from both ends

Made sure I was on HDMI 1, the port it's plugged into 

I tried to boot from my Flashdrive with Windows 7 on it and that didn't work.

I don't know what else to try, I'm in a tough spot and need my desktop for finals :/ I don't know what else to try I've reset it about 4 times and I don't want to tell my parents my computer is fkd because we are in a tough financial spot. All help is appreciated!

Turn system off, remove power and take out the CMOS battery for 1min. Replace and attempt to boot into BIOS again. Report back after you've tried this.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

clear cmos?

I will have to give it a try, I don't think that will work but it's worth a try.

Turn system off, remove power and take out the CMOS battery for 1min. Replace and attempt to boot into BIOS again. Report back after you've tried this.

only do that if you dont have a clear CMOS jumper pin things.... i dont know the technical term for them... look for CMOS in your Mobo Manual, it should tell you where the cmos pins are and the pins should be label on your MOBO

Just did, left it out for about a minute and no such luck, restarted again still no signal at monitor, and i know that HMDI port work's because i've plugged my ps3 into it

only do that if you dont have a clear CMOS jumper pin things.... i dont know the technical term for them... look for CMOS in your Mobo Manual, it should tell you where the cmos pins are and the pins should be label on your MOBO

Tried both ways, No such luck :(

Just did, left it out for about a minute and no such luck, restarted again still no signal at monitor, and i know that HMDI port work's because i've plugged my ps3 into it

hmmm that is weird any clues from the post led or the speaker beeps?

Thats.... really odd, resetting the CMOS should have fixed you right up. 

Tried a different set of RAM? Doesn't have to be fancy stuff, just anything to test with.

Also, does your MB have BIOS flashback capability at all?

hmmm that is weird any clues from the post led or the speaker beeps?

The speaker included with the case never worked, the only sign I know it's on is the HDD spinning up and getting information

Tried a different set of RAM? Doesn't have to be fancy stuff, just anything to test with.

Also, does your MB have BIOS flashback capability at all?

That's the only set of DDR3 ram I have, and No it doesn't it's a cheapy $50 mobo 

Just a couple of minutes ago I OC'd my ram to 1866 so I could get some more performance out of my CPU and RAM. The problem is, when I exited the bios and selected "Save changes and restart" it restarted, and now it turns on, but it doesn't send a signal to my monitor. 

What I've tried:

Restarting the PC

Trying to get into the BIOS

Turning my monitor on and off

Removing my RAM and reinstalling

disconnecting the HDMI cable from both ends

Made sure I was on HDMI 1, the port it's plugged into 

I tried to boot from my Flashdrive with Windows 7 on it and that didn't work.

I don't know what else to try, I'm in a tough spot and need my desktop for finals :/ I don't know what else to try I've reset it about 4 times and I don't want to tell my parents my computer is fkd because we are in a tough financial spot. All help is appreciated!

oh ive had the issue take the battery out and unplug your pc from the wall now spam the power button a bunch and wait ten minutes put the battery back in then its fixed 

oh ive had the issue take the battery out and unplug your pc from the wall now spam the power button a bunch and wait ten minutes put the battery back in then its fixed 

I'll have to give this a try, anything is worth a try if I can get my school work back

I'll have to give this a try, anything is worth a try if I can get my school work back

You may get cmos error after doing so but rebooting and trying to get back into setup will fix that issue if it occurs 

You may get cmos error after doing so but rebooting and trying to get back into setup will fix that issue if it occurs 

OKay so I got the CMOS error, went into bios and choose to boot from the HDD, nothing. It froze and said no signal again. Is my HDD corrupted or completely broken? Or could it be something else

So I'm at a total loss here, can't find a single way to boot up my PC, I get now get into the BIOS, but i'm not even able to boot into Ubuntu nor Windows 7

So I'm at a total loss here, can't find a single way to boot up my PC, I get now get into the BIOS, but i'm not even able to boot into Ubuntu nor Windows 7

Redo what you did to get it into BIOS then undo everything that you changed to do with the memory OC that caused this issue. The aim is to boot the machine at stock standard to rule out hardware issues.

Also, did you get any errors on the HDD boot?

The more information we get the better we can help!

Redo what you did to get it into BIOS then undo everything that you changed to do with the memory OC that caused this issue. The aim is to boot the machine at stock standard to rule out hardware issues.

Also, did you get any errors on the HDD boot?

The more information we get the better we can help!

I have full control inthe BIOS, and no error when trying to boot from HDD, I will go on and put everything back into stock settings.

I have full control inthe BIOS, and no error when trying to boot from HDD, I will go on and put everything back into stock settings.

Reset BIOS to default settings > reboot. Jump in and check boot settings for HDD/DVD/LAN etc. and make sure HDD is being loaded first (change it if you have to) > reboot.

Report back with what happens after the BIOS splash screen.

oh wait your using a AMD APU did you check if you MOBO is using the onbard GPU on you CPU and not doing some funky things?

Reset BIOS to default settings > reboot. Jump in and check boot settings for HDD/DVD/LAN etc. and make sure HDD is being loaded first (change it if you have to) > reboot.

Report back with what happens after the BIOS splash screen.

I got it to work and booted into windows, after a 20 minute boot time I am quite worried.

Try using windows loader if thats a option 

I got it to work and booted into windows, after a 20 minute boot time I am quite worried.

If you're worried about data you should back it all up immediately, once that's done run some scans on the HDD for bad sectors, try multiple reboots and see how the loading times go.

If you're worried about data you should back it all up immediately, once that's done run some scans on the HDD for bad sectors, try multiple reboots and see how the loading times go.

I have nowhere to back up all 296 GB o,o