G Sync IPS

Reppiy

Hi, 

I have been looking around for a new monitor, and I heard that IPS is better than TN for viewing angles, but worse for response times.

I am not planning to play any competitive CS:GO or other similar games, so I decided that I would get an IPS display instead of a TN one.

After looking on the internet for a while, I noticed that there were no IPS G-sync and 1440p monitors.

Is there a good IPS g-sync monitor... or will I have to get a TN one instead?
thanks.

3 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

Hi, 

I have been looking around for a new monitor, and I heard that IPS is better than TN for viewing angles, but worse for response times.

I am not planning to play any competitive CS:GO or other similar games, so I decided that I would get an IPS display instead of a TN one.

After looking on the internet for a while, I noticed that there were no IPS G-sync and 1440p monitors.

Is there a good IPS g-sync monitor... or will I have to get a TN one instead?
thanks.

There are actually! Asus and Acer make them! I'm actually using a Gsync 1440p 144hz panel that is IPS as we speak! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106004&cm_re=1440p_144hz_g-sync-_-24-106-004-_-Product

Of course it went down in price by $100 since I bought mine... but I love mine!

2 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

There are actually! Asus and Acer make them! I'm actually using a Gsync 1440p 144hz panel that is IPS as we speak! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106004&cm_re=1440p_144hz_g-sync-_-24-106-004-_-Product

Of course it went down in price by $100 since I bought mine... but I love mine!

Thanks,

That's probably the one i'm going to get.

There are Gsync IPS display monitors since then why don't you try the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ you can Play this beast at 4k with 100-144 hertz with HDR and quantum dot technology.

1 minute ago, Reppiy said:

Do you think they are worth it over a TN display?

The difference is like $150 when compared to an equivalent TN display (27" 1440p G-sync). Sort of depends how much better the experience is to you personally. 

:)

16 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

but worse for response times

Response time is the 2nd specs on the specs sheet that u must ignore after dynamic contrast ratio.

Because there is no standard for response time and from what i heard every manufacturer use their own method to measure it resulting in 5ms responstime from other manufacturer can be faster or equal than 1ms response time from another manufacturer.

So just ignore it.

And there are IPS 1440p with G-sync but it will be expensive.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The difference is like $150 when compared to an equivalent TN display (27" 1440p G-sync). Sort of depends how much better the experience is to you personally. 

I think Im going to get a 27 inch TN

13 minutes ago, xxdeadmanxx1 said:

There are Gsync IPS display monitors since then why don't you try the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ you can Play this beast at 4k with 100-144 hertz with HDR and quantum dot technology.

Great display but its not 100-144hz, only 60.

13 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

Do you think they are worth it over a TN display?

I personally cannot use a TN display since moving to IPS many years ago. Once you get used to such color fidelity, its hard to go back. 

On 11/26/2017 at 4:42 AM, CrippledROBOT said:

Great display but its not 100-144hz, only 60.

you can check out the link I gave in my comments to prove it.

4 hours ago, xxdeadmanxx1 said:

you can check out the link I gave in my comments to prove it.

It hasn't been released yet. It was intended for a September release but it has since been pushed back to sometime in 2018.