My "Holy Crap thats a lot of stuff by a couch" Build

Jester236

So I built the actual computer about six months ago now. My main goal with this thing was to be able to play any of the games that I wanted to, (in Surround if they supported it) as well as having all my devices (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) in one location on a fairly small table next to my insanely comfortable couch. In the end I think I pretty well accomplished it.

Here’s the Specs for the computer:

Case:

Corsair 200R

Motherboard/CPU:

Intel Core i7-3770k OC'd at 4.3ghz

Asus P8Z77-V

RAM:

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB

Storage:

256 GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD (Boot Drive)

240 GB Corsair Force Series 3 SSD (Dedicated to Games)

1.5 TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage)

Graphics Cards:

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 680 (2)

Power Supply:

Rosewill HIVE 750W Modular Power Supply

Cooling:

Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro CPU Cooler

Monitors:

3 of Asus 24" LED Backlit Monitors

Misc:

Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Lite-On Blu Ray Drive

Corsair K60 Keyboard

Logitech Performance MX Mouse

Rosewill 75 in 1 Card Reader

2 Monitor Stands

HDMI Switch

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

wow amazing rig you have, love it, just one thing.... yikes keep that carpet away from it, as it looks very expensive and nice computer so keep the dust away from it.

a good computer desk would make it even better if thats possible.

got to love Asus components

I don't think you can see in the pictures but it's sitting on a piece of wood that blends in pretty well with the rest of the furniture so its not sitting with the PSU fan directly on the carpet or anything. Thanks for the compliments though!

Looks sweet and I love the wannabe corsair case :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

It is a Corsair, it's the 200R. I think I had it listed wrong in the specs up top but that's what it is.

Haha thanks, ive seen that video before but with the setup right now i just pull the table up to the couch... Ive got enough play in the wiring to move it back and forth. I do have a 50 inch tv with an htpc that could use it though.

Weird how nobody has commented on the rear intake you have going on with your water 2.0.

Om nom nom, I want.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

mint! thats class which my setup was like that i have like a small desk one monitor but the equipment is the same

I see there's no vesa mount on the central screen, and the 2 others seem to be the same model, did you drill into them ?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

As for the fans I wouldn't say they are silent but I keep them at about 50% power via the fan controller unless i'm playing something intensive and they aren't loud either.

Nice eye on the Water 2.0 setup, yep it is pulling cool air in and not exhausting. I've seen maybe a degree or two difference this way. It's the recommended option but if you have yours exhausting I wouldn't go to the trouble of switching it, difference doesn't seem to be worth it.

As for the VESA mounts there actually are VESA mounts on all three. The middle one has black rubber plugs in the mounts which is why you can't see them. They work fine though.

Thanks guys!

Looks good. Looks like it's a spine killer though. And i like the interesting airflow options.

Yea, everyone seems to think that but its actually super comfortable as I can pull the table right up to the edge of the couch and sit up with my back straight against the couch. I love it, and I can take a nap and watch something at the same time ha.

Ha it's definitely not Vista. I'm guessing you saw the way I have the taskbar, thats just because I absolutely despise the way 7 groups together all windows of the same application into one/the concept of pinning programs to the task bar. So i've got it all changed back to old school style, but it is most definitely a Windows 7 PC.

Really cool build and quite the interesting location for the computer. Hope you don't strain your back like that. xD

wow amazing rig you have, love it, just one thing.... yikes keep that carpet away from it, as it looks very expensive and nice computer so keep the dust away from it.

a good computer desk would make it even better if thats possible.

Think it sitting on a wooden board, I do the same thing with my machine :)

Really cool build and quite the interesting location for the computer. Hope you don't strain your back like that. xD
I was looking at the same thing you beat me to it..

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Thanks haha everyone thinks its uncomfortable but if you guys could use it you would be amazed. I love having everything all in the same place ha.

Your case has a bad case of colour Bipolar.