1440p vs 144hz

eggbox1

Hello fellow humans,

I mainly use my computer for gaming the games i do play on a regular basis are Rainbow six siege, Oxygen not included, Rust, Don't starve together, arma 3, Gta 5 and sometimes watchdogs 2.
I was wondering what kind of monitor would be best for me although i mainly play games i will often use photo shop for drawing with a tablet.
These were the monitors i was looking at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0777TRHPQ?tag=ho01f-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VG248QE-Widescreen-Multimedia-80000000/dp/B00B19T7QC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1511206054&sr=1-1&keywords=VG248QE

Which monitor is better

Thank you in adcance

Can't really compare these two monitors, as they are wildly different in size. Their PPI is about the same though, so that's comparable I guess?

In general you want a 144Hz for past paced games, which you can actually get over 100 or so fps in (think fps or moba games) and you want a panel with more accurate colors for anything related to drawing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think you should get the good stuff from both and go 144Hz IPS 2560x1080

Same width as QHD but same height as FHD so not as big performance hit in games because of resolution.

But... it is a bit more expensive, if you can afford it, I think it would be the best compromise you can make for this price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultrawide-Monitor-DisplayPort-Freesync/dp/B01BFH194W/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1511207390&sr=1-1&keywords=21+9+144hz

You can get an overclockable, 27" Korean IPS or VA 1440p panel, with Freesync on Ebay for around the same price in the UK I think as the 1440p you're looking at. The one's I use clock from around 100 to 120 Mhz which is fine for FPS and most games, and their image and colour quality is much better than any TN 144Hz panel. Crossover and Qnix are the most popular brands and there are quite a few reviews of them on YouTube. Level1techs, as one example, love the Korean panels and with good reason. The LG that Werecat mentioned also looks like a good deal.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I think you should get the good stuff from both and go 144Hz IPS 2560x1080

Same width as QHD but same height as FHD so not as big performance hit in games because of resulution.

But... it is a bit more expensive, if you can afford it, I think it would be the best compromise you can make for this price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultrawide-Monitor-DisplayPort-Freesync/dp/B01BFH194W/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1511207390&sr=1-1&keywords=21+9+144hz

do you think the 1060 could handle this resolution and get more than 60 fps at medium settings 

Just now, eggbox1 said:

do you think the 1060 could handle this resolution and get more than 60 fps at medium settings 

Easily

11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Easily

is there anyway through diy means of boosting the hz to around 95 and if you could would make much difference

6 minutes ago, eggbox1 said:

is there anyway through diy means of boosting the hz to around 95 and if you could would make much difference

On which monitor?

The LG I posted or the QHD IPS you posted?
You can OC monitor but how much depends on the monitor and the cable... usually you can push 60Hz screen to about 70-75Hz but any more than is unlikely.

Not all monitors can OC though.

Just now, WereCat said:

On which monitor?

The LG I posted or the QHD IPS you posted?
You can OC monitor but how much depends on the monitor and the cable... usually you can push 60Hz screen to about 70-75Hz but any more than is unlikely.

the qhd (its mva btw) Would getting a 95hz rly have that much difference from a 75 hz setup

1 minute ago, eggbox1 said:

the qhd (its mva btw) Would getting a 95hz rly have that much difference from a 75 hz setup

Where do you see 95Hz?

You can OC that monitor to 75Hz at best (most likely).

Yes, 95Hz vs 75Hz makes a difference.

Just now, WereCat said:

Where do you see 95Hz?

You can OC that monitor to 75Hz at best (most likely).

Yes, 95Hz vs 75Hz makes a difference.

im talking about buying up a monitor with a higher hz clock

22 hours ago, johnukguy said:

You can get an overclockable, 27" Korean IPS or VA 1440p panel, with Freesync on Ebay for around the same price in the UK I think as the 1440p you're looking at. The one's I use clock from around 100 to 120 Mhz which is fine for FPS and most games, and their image and colour quality is much better than any TN 144Hz panel. Crossover and Qnix are the most popular brands and there are quite a few reviews of them on YouTube. Level1techs, as one example, love the Korean panels and with good reason. The LG that Werecat mentioned also looks like a good deal.

can you send me some links to some pleaese

Look for Dream-Seller on Ebay, or the reviews of these monitors from channels such as Level1techs.