New CPU cooler and case fans

ToXIc Dev
Go to solution Solved by SorcierX,

#1. Replace stock cooler with just about anything and it'll be way more quiet.

#2. Find case fans that you like.

#3. Get a fan controller, so you can control all fan speeds.

#4. Acoustic foam

As previous post mentioned, pretty much put acoustic foam around the inside of your case and around the fans, but not on any components.

Just now, ToXIc DevilZz said:

So as I have figured out it is the HDD's and the cooler isnt loud, I was thinking of maybe contacting Intel and replacing the cooler but when I go on Intel's website they ask for the Processors ATPO Serial Number but that seems to be on the actual CPU meaning ill have to take the cooler off but I would like to continue to use it at the moment, Do you know if I can get it any other way?

I also saw something saying contact whoever you bought it off, so maybe I could contact Amazon?

You should try sending them the receipt/invoice and explaining that you're unable to read the rpm from the motherboard unlike other fans. If that's not enough, I'd suggest leaving it as is if your temps are fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have submitted a support ticket to Intel, So I will wait for the outcome of that.

In the meantime I have finally cleaned my PC and sorted out the cable management. :D

afterfocus_1511186498825.thumb.jpg.6f894af8da4dbd37fdbb5263f13969e4.jpg

So after doing dome more testing, mainly because I wasn't satisfied that it was the HDD's, I have figured out that its is my fans in general but the CPU cooler is the loudest (when only the HDD's are on they are barely audible), Im gonna replace my cooler with the BE QUIET Pure Rock Slim and maybe replace my case fans as well (Im gonna see how loud it is with the pure rock first)

So I have now replaced my CPU cooler with the BE QUIET Pure Rock Slim and I have around a 10 degrees lower CPU idle temp (have not fully tested load temp but it is lower) and it is much quieter than before, I can also now see the CPU fans temperature and control it.

Thanks for the help guys :)

On 11/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, ToXIc DevilZz said:

Yeah I was planning on upgrading the CPU cooler aswell, thanks for the links.

If you use an AIO or a larger heatsink, make sure to use static pressure fans. 1.5+ H20

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!