[SOLVED] Any problems if I land my brother my M.2 for... FPS reasons?

Go to solution Solved by DrJones,

Your boot order will play the role for which windows copy it boots from. You'll essentially have two systems on one computer, the first boot device will determine which system to use.

So in your case, boot via his HDD for his system. Then pull up the M.2 in disk management, you will notice there is a partition already made for your copy of windows you have on it. Create a new partition in the empty space for his PUBG copy.

When you're done, just remove the partition you created and put it back in your PC.

As per the FPS issue, it's not HD related, HD's affect load times into the game (loading screens). FPS is directly related to CPU/GPU usage. Stuttering and lag will be network, RAM, or CPU. Open task manager and see if you memory, CPU, network, or hard drive usage is spiking. If none are, GPU may be at fault.

So I've build my PC a few months ago and for the storage I am using 256gb M.2 SSD and 2TB SATA HDD. A few years ago my brother bought his Acer laptop and now he is into his "extreme gaming era" and of course he complains about his FPS on PUBG (Player Unknown Battlegrounds) and he SOLIDLY CLAIMS that his FPS would be much higher if he had his PUBG installed on an M.2 SSD drive instead of running it from the HDD (he has the same M.2 port on his laptop like mine (I've seen it)).

Question1: Since I have my Windows installed on my M.2 SSD and he has his own Windows installed on his HDD, will his computer freak out from knowing that there are two Windowses?

Question2: If I give my brother my M.2 SSD to install his PUBG to only check if the FPS would be much better, will I have ANYKIND of problems with booting up my PC after I take it back?

For Question2 - I think the BIOS boot order would play a major role, because it depends on which drive is set to boot first (although I am not very sure)

I probably know what's gonna happen, but lets be sure...

#TooLazyToGoogleBecauseILikeSocialnteraction

Thanks, guys!

I just want to say that PUBG runs like turd and having PUBG on SSD makes no diference.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I just want to say that PUBG runs like turd and having PUBG on SSD makes no diference.

Yo, Thanks for the answer. I am 100% sure the load time (rendering ground, buildings, grass and etc.) and screen stutter will be instantly fixed, not so sure about the FPS tho.

Still waiting for someone to answer. Thanks once more.

Your boot order will play the role for which windows copy it boots from. You'll essentially have two systems on one computer, the first boot device will determine which system to use.

So in your case, boot via his HDD for his system. Then pull up the M.2 in disk management, you will notice there is a partition already made for your copy of windows you have on it. Create a new partition in the empty space for his PUBG copy.

When you're done, just remove the partition you created and put it back in your PC.

As per the FPS issue, it's not HD related, HD's affect load times into the game (loading screens). FPS is directly related to CPU/GPU usage. Stuttering and lag will be network, RAM, or CPU. Open task manager and see if you memory, CPU, network, or hard drive usage is spiking. If none are, GPU may be at fault.

I've never heard of an SSD increasing FPS in any game.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

18 minutes ago, DrJones said:

TLDR;

I've marked your reply as a solution (Solved). Thanks mate!

12 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

I've never heard of an SSD increasing FPS in any game.

Me neither, but you know how unsatisfied gamers make up everything. I once heard a guy at my school bragging about running CS:GO from his router... #BlockUser

Ed4LdEW.jpg