Is VGA dat bad ?

kizoku_95

I have heard many youtubers saying that you should not be using VGA now!

Even linus doesn't regard VGA as anything but in my country no one knows wtf DVI truly is !

Here VGA>HDMI>>>>>DVI

You cannot find a proper mid range low range or even high range monitor that only comes with DVI.

My question is is VGA that obsolete in developed and technologically advanced countries like US etc ???

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Why would you want a monitor with only DVI? HDMI and DVI are essentially the same quality-wise from my knowledge.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Free post number up!

no its not that bad for web browsing but for gaming/colour work its awful 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

not really, if you keep the cable short, you can run 1080p 60FPS. this is true with almost any analog signal.

I have heard many youtubers saying that you should not be using VGA now!

Even linus doesn't regard VGA as anything but in my country no one knows wtf DVI truly is !

Here VGA>HDMI>>>>>DVI

You cannot find a proper mid range low range or even high range monitor that only comes with DVI.

My question is is VGA that obsolete in developed and technologically advanced countries like US etc ???

I honestly don't know the differences between digital and analog or whatever. I use to use VGA, now use DVI-D (i think) and can't tell a difference. 

not really, if you keep the cable short, you can run 1080p 60FPS. this is true with almost any analog signal.

Why would you want a monitor with only DVI? HDMI and DVI are essentially the same quality-wise from my knowledge.

to both of you; 

Then would Dual Link DVI only display 60FPS on a 120Hz monitor? If so then I just got cheated out of a 120Hz monitor. 

to both of you; 

Then would Dual Link DVI only display 60FPS on a 120Hz monitor? If so then I just got cheated out of a 120Hz monitor. 

Dual link DVI supports 1080p @ 120 Hz or 1600p at 60 Hz, as far as I know.

VGA< DVI=HDMI(for the most part) < Display Port.

VGA is pretty abysmal. Even last gen consoles do not use VGA! I would upgrade monitors if possible but if not I mean telling you to upgrade when or if you cant does not help.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Made the change from VGA to DVI a few days ago. Can't tell the difference. 

That is funny because I made the change from vga to dvi to nights ago and could tell the difference immediately. Maybe because I use a very colorful 1080p wallpaper.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

For 1080p @60hz there will be nearly no difference

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Put on a truley black image, stare closley, with VGA you will see lines go down the screen.  With DVI, theres none.  I recently switched from VGA to DVI. 

VGA is pretty abysmal. Even last gen consoles do not use VGA!

That's because you know audio... And the fact that many TVs don't have VGA

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

For 1080p @60hz there will be nearly no difference

ahhh.. I see! So overclocking a 1440p monitor with dual dvi from 60 to 120 hrz won't matter because it can only transfer 60hrz? Dangit.. .

DisplayPort>DVI>HDMI>VGA

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I noticed it from VGA to HDMI (was a new monitor) and i found it massive

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

VGA makes everything look fuzzy.

For me, I can easily tell the difference between VGA and a digital signal.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

HDMI<VGA<DVI<Displayport.

VGA is analogue compared to the others, which are digital. You'll find VGA on a lot of legacy items, as well as servers for console access.

VGA isn't that bad, if you only could use that, then go for it, but if you can get DVI/Displayport, then do so!

People hate on VGA so much. T_T

VGA can look just as good as HDMI and DVI. The trouble is it's an analog signal, making it much more subjective than any of the digital connectors. If you have a monitor which handles VGA well and a graphics card which outputs a decent VGA signal it'll be fine - the issue is modern day tech doesn't handle it great. It's not a priority because HDMI and DVI are more popular, which is understandable.

I have a 23" Acer monitor which only has 1 VGA input. I have noticed that the quality of the image I have on the screen is best with my older computers. On my old Dell Optiplex the image is sharp and stable, with the integrated VGA port on my motherboard the image is a little fuzzy and on my GTX 650 Ti the image is extremely fuzzy and occasionally has horrendous issues with flickering.

To summarise: VGA is acceptable, but on modern tech not great. It can still handle 1080p@60fps, or higher (... yes, it can actually) but tends to have some issues with fuzziness and flickering. If you're using it and don't have a problem, don't worry about it. If you're looking for upgrading components or whatever though, you should really try to avoid VGA.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

VGA creates a messed image at 1080p, for me at least....

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Wait what people still use vha on newer setups?

HDMI

VGA is analogue compared to the others, which are digital. You'll find VGA on a lot of legacy items, as well as servers for console access.

VGA isn't that bad, if you only could use that, then go for it, but if you can get DVI/Displayport, then do so!

Y u hating on hdmi?

People hate on VGA so much. T_T

VGA can look just as good as HDMI and DVI. The trouble is it's an analog signal, making it much more subjective than any of the digital connectors. If you have a monitor which handles VGA well and a graphics card which outputs a decent VGA signal it'll be fine - the issue is modern day tech doesn't handle it great. It's not a priority because HDMI and DVI are more popular, which is understandable.

I have a 23" Acer monitor which only has 1 VGA input. I have noticed that the quality of the image I have on the screen is best with my older computers. On my old Dell Optiplex the image is sharp and stable, with the integrated VGA port on my motherboard the image is a little fuzzy and on my GTX 650 Ti the image is extremely fuzzy and occasionally has horrendous issues with flickering.

To summarise: VGA is acceptable, but on modern tech not great. It can still handle 1080p@60fps, or higher (... yes, it can actually) but tends to have some issues with fuzziness and flickering. If you're using it and don't have a problem, don't worry about it. If you're looking for upgrading components or whatever though, you should really try to avoid VGA.

A monitor that handles vga well is a crt, that is all.