Where do you guys get your windows from?

BrokeAFKid

So I used to have a cracked copy of windows 7 that was given to me by a friend however I lost that copy and now I installed a copy of windows 10 pro with an enterprise key given to me by another friend but that didn't work ( Error code 0x8007232b ) so now I'm a bit bummed out and probably have to buy myself a windows key. So I'm either looking at buying a key of g2a, mmoga, kinguin or something like that which I have personally never done and I was wondering wheter these where legit or buying one straight from Microsoft for about 150€ which I'm not to stoked about. So I was wondering how you guys do it since I don't think you all spend that much money on a windows. 

Anybody have any experience buying such cheap keys of the internet? Also are they all oem or do they also sell retail ones? 

I bought them from/with a friend in IT through volume licensing. I've purchased from Dealscube, Bonanza, and Kinguin.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

the softwareswap subreddit is pretty solid. i dont personally trust g2a or any of those sites, but it works.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I've heard kinguin is legit, although I prefer to avoid that and get it OEM from Microsoft if at all possible. My copy of Windows 7 came from a friend as well, I think he made a recovery disk from an old computer and then had a spare product key he sent me

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I got mine for free from my high school. I get to keep it even though I dropped out from that school.

also got mine from school (college). they gave us dreamspark accounts (now discontinued) and in the accounts were keys to multiple microsoft products INCL. windows 7.

when Windows 8 launched they also released it FOR FREE on our dreamspark accounts

so I have a Windows 7 (now upgraded to 10) and a Windows 8 Key. all I did was fill out the signup sheet

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

6 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

I'd share but I think it's against the forum's rules soooo yeah....

Shoot me a pm? :P

1 minute ago, BrokeAFKid said:

Shoot me a pm? :P

It's been ages ago so I don't even have the links anymore. Besides said place isn't what it used to be.

16 hours ago, BrokeAFKid said:

... or buying one straight from Microsoft for about 150€ which I'm not to stoked about.

You've been leaching so far, why not be a man and actually pay the price. All those cheap copies are grey market and OEM. I wonder why you are even asking question like that after admitting to piracy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

32 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You've been leaching so far, why not be a man and actually pay the price. All those cheap copies are grey market and OEM. I wonder why you are even asking question like that after admitting to piracy.

1. I've never personally pirated anything other than music (like downloading it from youtube to my phone) and that Windows copy was actually given to me by a friend, if I knew how to crack Windows I probably wouldn't have asked.

2. Also if paying a ludicrous amounts of money for Windows is your idea of manhood then you go do that. A copy of windows that I can only activate on one computer and that spys on me is not worth 150€. I'd be fine with paying 50€ or heck even  80€ for a retail copy ( because fuck oem) but 150€ that's too much. 

18 minutes ago, BrokeAFKid said:

2. Also if paying a ludicrous amounts of money for Windows is your idea of manhood then you go do that. A copy of windows that I can only activate on one computer and that spys on me is not worth 150€. I'd be fine with paying 50€ or heck even  80€ for a retail copy ( because fuck oem) but 150€ that's too much.

Considering its €150 for retail which you can use over and over again. In single PC, yes. Buts thats how it has been for past 20 years. Plus its rather cheap for something you are using daily for next 7-10 years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv