Post Errors Unfixable?

A-c0rN

Dear Linus Community,

I am running a different OS on my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad W500* and the little Google Notifications will glitch whenever the start screen opens, making them unclosible. I found out over a year ago, restarting the PC will make them disappear, but whenever I restarted my laptop this time, It froze in the POST screen, and I have tried EVERYTHING to diagnose it. It's not the SSD, RAM, Battery, or Keyboard Stuck Keys. I also noticed while stuck on the POST screen, the CPU gets VERY hot, I believe to the high 80C to the low 100C. Does ANYBODY know why it's doing this??? Thank you!

-Brigan Mayer

* Laptop Specs

Intel Core 2 Duo

4 Gigs DDR3

480GB SSD

Maybe thermal paste dried out or there's too much dust on the fan. Maybe your BIOS dosen't POST correctly if it has a very high temp. Also, what's the OS? Chromebook, Mac, Linux?

On 11/7/2017 at 10:50 AM, MadOverclocker said:

Maybe thermal paste dried out or there's too much dust on the fan. Maybe your BIOS dosen't POST correctly if it has a very high temp. Also, what's the OS? Chromebook, Mac, Linux?

Zorin OS

A Linux Distro built off Ubuntu.

I found out it isn't the OS or Boot SSD. It's actually either RAM or the MoBo.

11 hours ago, InsertNameHere42 said:

I found out it isn't the OS or Boot SSD. It's actually either RAM or the MoBo.

Well check with other Ram sticks if you have them. run memtestx86 if you don't have sticks left. I really recommend cleaning the laptop if it has dust to prolong the life of the cpu. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, MadOverclocker said:

Well check with other Ram sticks if you have them. run memtestx86 if you don't have sticks left. I really recommend cleaning the laptop if it has dust to prolong the life of the cpu. 

Yea tried different RAM, apparently these laptops hate switching sticks. I believe it isn't RAM, so I think the MOBO is glitchy or dead, or the BIOS is screwed.