Horrible Corsair support/customer service

Heyo,

So recently, my Corsair H100i V2 failed, pump and fans dont work, yada yada yada. So i thought if i go directly through Corsair, i might get a better response... NOPE, they refuse to RMA my cooler due to insufficient proof of purchase, apparently, multiple snips of the order details page and a tax invoice is not sufficient. This is illegal in Australia, as a bank statement is enough, they claim they cannot see the retailers name, but is clearly shown on the invoice and snips. I have drafted a letter to the ACCC onbudsman (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) as a formal complaint against Corsair, for breaches in consumer law (all businesses selling to Australians MUST abide by these laws and face massive penalties - up into the millions of dollars - and cannot be over ruled by EULA's, Business policies or otherwise)

Was Curious if anyone else has had poor service/tech support from corsair, i contacted the retailer today and got an instant RMA approval, so ill get my money back, but am not pleased with Corsair's response/service  

My PC is running and I can't catch it....

I've only dealt with Corsair support once and it went well. The front I/O on my 500R was DOA and they shipped me a new front I/O right away.

Space is pretty awesome.

Why didn't go straight to your retailer? Why would you wait 2 months to get replacement, you only go to your manufacture if retailer doesn't help you/even than you can do RMA through most retailer and they will handle the request. 

I had problems with my fans, show them my invoice and they send me shipping labels to ship back. Instead i just went to my retailer to get replacement. You are you much better getting support from retailer these day if there is one near you or have good RMA policy like PCCASEGEAR. 

Sounds like you just rant because you had bad experience, from what i remember you need to provide your serial number/proof of purchase. You need to send me the invoice from actual reseller not just screenshots. May i ask what retailer? because i know some retailer invoice is doggy looking. Also i would believed more if you have screenshots and but from what i experience they have slow reply. 

Magical Pineapples

9 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Why didn't go straight to your retailer? Why would you wait 2 months to get replacement, you only go to your manufacture if retailer doesn't help you/even than you can do RMA through most retailer and they will handle the request. 

I had problems with my fans, show them my invoice and they send me shipping labels to ship back. Instead i just went to my retailer to get replacement. You are you much better getting support from retailer these day if there is one near you or have good RMA policy like PCCASEGEAR. 

Sounds like you just rant because you had bad experience, from what i remember you need to provide your serial number/proof of purchase. You need to send me the invoice from actual reseller not just screenshots. May i ask what retailer? because i know some retailer invoice is doggy looking. 

It was PCCG. When Corsair asked for Proof of Purchase, they explicitly said Screen Shots. 

PC Case Gear was fantastic, i had tried multiple fixes, mentioned technical details in the RMA ticket, and they said yep send it to us. 

ive had mixed results with them. As far as customer support ive RMA'd 2 different sets of ram... may or may not have died when my pc caught fire and shorted... then again may not lol... probably was... anyway they RMA'd them and sent them back. didnt take long to get them though their cs reps are pretty slow and paste generic copy/pasta answers. My other experience was on some rebates. 3 to be exact. all 3 mysteriously were lost in mail and there was nothing they could do which i could understand if 1 was gone but not 3 separate ones.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, That_Random_Guy said:

ive had mixed results with them. As far as customer support ive RMA'd 2 different sets of ram... may or may not have died when my pc caught fire and shorted... then again may not lol... probably was... anyway they RMA'd them and sent them back. didnt take long to get them though their cs reps are pretty slow and paste generic copy/pasta answers. My other experience was on some rebates. 3 to be exact. all 3 mysteriously were lost in mail and there was nothing they could do which i could understand if 1 was gone but not 3 separate ones.

Sounds a bit suspicious that 3 rebates went "missing". Reading other forums like Whirlpool and Toms Hardware, experience with Corsair seems very mixed. I've sworn the brand off now, dirty little prawns...

17 minutes ago, rowlYy said:

It was PCCG. When Corsair asked for Proof of Purchase, they explicitly said Screen Shots. 

PC Case Gear was fantastic, i had tried multiple fixes, mentioned technical details in the RMA ticket, and they said yep send it to us. 

Why would you RMA to Corsair when you bought it from PCCG? I know you can do either, but PCGG is absolutely fucking fantastic. 

Do you really want to ship it to Taiwan, that's what you are going to have to do for a Corsair RMA. Yes, Corsair Legally has to pay for shipping there and back, but it international shipping takes longer, and is more likely to get lost or more damaged (voiding the warranty).

39 minutes ago, rowlYy said:

apparently, multiple snips of the order details page and a tax invoice is not sufficient. This is illegal in Australia, as a bank statement is enough, they claim they cannot see the retailers name, but is clearly shown on the invoice and snips

Can you send pictures of those snipets? (Hide Important info, like name, invoice ID and address, but you a different colour to what you have covered other stuff with)

39 minutes ago, rowlYy said:

I have drafted a letter to my member of federal parliament

No, really don't. They cannot do anything, and will not do anything. Plus you are being a nuisance 

Was not aware I would be shipping there, As said, i would have thought it would have been a quicker process through Corsair Directly

I meant to say ACCC onbudsman, how am i being a nusiance if that is A: their job and B: the entire point of the ACCC

Attached is the proof of purchase they asked for, obviously i have blotted out private info

proofofpurchaseinvoice.PNG.jpg

proofofpurchasecorsair.PNG

What do you mean by "multiple snips"?

Whenever I had to RMA anything regardless of manufacturer, all it took was a digital copy of the invoice and sometimes a picture of info from the product box.

At the very most all you ever need is 2 documents.

Edit: Wow, so you did do a clean copy of invoice. Corsair, you disappoint me.

Just now, Mooshi said:

What do you mean by "multiple snips"?

Whenever I had to RMA anything regardless of manufacturer, all it took was a digital copy of the invoice and sometimes a picture of info from the product box.

At the very most all you ever need is 2 documents.

Screenshots and Snipping Tool images. The tax invoice should have been enough, but apparently not

Just now, rowlYy said:

Screenshots and Snipping Tool images. The tax invoice should have been enough, but apparently not

Invoice is the definitive proof of purchase. Only thing Corsair I still use is my mouse pad.

18 hours ago, rowlYy said:

Next time you buy stuff from PCCG you should ask them for support as there are one of the best. Why did you just send them the PDF invoice from pccasegear account page? 

Magical Pineapples

8 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Next time you buy stuff from PCCG you should ask them for support as there are one of the best. Why did you just send them the PDF invoice from pccasegear account page? 

As said, It has been sent off to PCCG, and you're right, they are fantastic, and i did, they still said that wasn't valid proof of purchase

15 minutes ago, rowlYy said:

As said, It has been sent off to PCCG, and you're right, they are fantastic, and i did, they still said that wasn't valid proof of purchase

the same cooler that you had failed on me , same thing took over a month they want the lot number or what ever its called off the box. if you sent the UPC in for a rebate then its more of a pain , i had done a rebate on my cooler .

i ended up calling them i live in the usa so dont know if you got a # you can call also . it was one line of info they need but wont tell you unless the screenshot has it . but wont say nothing if its missing .i had been  told not proof of purchase  also with no help on what is proof. 

in the end i made a big stink on why this is taking weeks and they sent me a h115i instead of a replacement h100/10i  . i will update this  if i can find my screenshots on what they really want . its been awhile since i did my rma

going after them  since they arnt helpful really at all . they  may "say your package was lost then" as to screw you , since you got the govt involved . when they issue the RMA i mean . also mine took about a month to make it to corsair east coast to west they paid for snail mail and they arnt quick replacing it after they get the cooler . return shipping was quick atleast.

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 hour ago, gamerking said:

the same cooler that you had failed on me , same thing took over a month they want the lot number or what ever its called off the box. if you sent the UPC in for a rebate then its more of a pain , i had done a rebate on my cooler .

i ended up calling them i live in the usa so dont know if you got a # you can call also . it was one line of info they need but wont tell you unless the screenshot has it . but wont say nothing if its missing .i had been  told not proof of purchase  also with no help on what is proof. 

in the end i made a big stink on why this is taking weeks and they sent me a h115i instead of a replacement h100/10i  . i will update this  if i can find my screenshots on what they really want . its been awhile since i did my rma

going after them  since they arnt helpful really at all . they  may "say your package was lost then" as to screw you , since you got the govt involved . when they issue the RMA i mean . also mine took about a month to make it to corsair east coast to west they paid for snail mail and they arnt quick replacing it after they get the cooler . return shipping was quick atleast.

I can call the same number, but with time differences i would have to stay up at like 3:30 in the morning. The retailer was much more accommodating and from what they have said it sounds like they agree there is a fault. From reading online, apparently Corsair is very hit and miss when it comes to getting things done. As stated, was hoping that the manufacturer would be a quicker option, a lot of retailers in Australia are a bit dodgy when it comes to RMA's, PCcasegear is apparently very good, so hopefully i have no more issues 

I remember when I bought Corsair Force SSD's... Never again, Corsair... Never again. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

19 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I remember when I bought Corsair Force SSD's... Never again, Corsair... Never again. 

My 60GB LS Force outlasted my OCZ Arc 100 240GB (which was 2 years newer), on the downside its performance really is all over the place (more so than my mediocre Sandisk U100 128GB). 8.2TB written as opposed to 1.2TB.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So far my experience with Corsair support/customer service has been a mixed bag. I might consider just seeing if there's anything Best Buy can do for me since I bought it from them back in April of this year. And I believe I'm outside of their return policy since that's like a 15/30 day thing. If I found my T5 or T5 torx screws if that's what holds the m65 together, then I will do that but, I would just say fuck it and take a peak at the scroll wheel and try to fix it myself but that's more or less a last minute resort.

It's not hard to tell that the screenshot I sent them is a Best Buy invoice, and that I purchased it for pick up at their store in a city near me and that I was the one who bought it and picked it up. But that seemingly is not good enough so I don't know if maybe Best Buy would be able to give me something that would appeal to the exact info that Corsair wants to RMA my m65. But I don't even know if they'd RMA it and try to say that it was my fault for the scroll wheel having the issue it did.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

My 60GB LS Force outlasted my OCZ Arc 100 240GB (which was 2 years newer), on the downside its performance really is all over the place (more so than my mediocre Sandisk U100 128GB). 8.2TB written as opposed to 1.2TB.

I bought seven of them in two batches as they were the less expensive option at the time... 5 died within the year and Corsair only allowed one for RMA. The other two died after 30TB of server writes... Sad days, man.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

i had a great experience. my AIO failed so i sent a ticket. i didnt have proof of purchase so they asked for evidence of buying any other corsair products and then the RMA went as normal

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Australia and New Zealand Consumer guarantee laws are actually quite substantial compared to other parts of the world. Other countries dont always have the same requirements. Unless you brought items directly from the manufacturer it is often best to just go back to the place you got it from. 

23 hours ago, rowlYy said:

Was Curious if anyone else has had poor service/tech support from corsair, i contacted the retailer today and got an instant RMA approval, so ill get my money back, but am not pleased with Corsair's response/service  

They spent 2.5 months to answer me, and when they answered me they wanted me to ship my destroyed case back to them. I told them to close the case since I had already built the system in my case whilst endlessly waiting for their reply.

(I only needed back 'bones/legs' and a new front for a Corsair 750D). 

It also took them 2.5 months to say my case was entered in the wrong category, although I put it under Broken during shipping or something like that. 

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

On 11/6/2017 at 9:04 AM, rowlYy said:

I actually had a great experience. They send me a exchange AX860i via express courier before I even send them the broken unit back. Really excellent actually, sound like the exact opposite of your experience.

I've had a great experience. For some reason, my 3 well old Lighting Node Pro stopped working. I filled RMA, and they express shipped me a replacement. They told me to keep the old LEDs for my inconvenience.