Reaching Motherboard speaker IO

Smilko

Hello

I'm building a custom PC case where motherboard will be inside the case, so back IO will  not be poking out. For screens i bought cables that are long enough to reach gpu, and USB cable extensions for mouse/keyboard. What I'm not sure is, are the speakers cable, what kind of an extension would i need? Would a normal AUX cable extension be good, or do i need a special one? The cable in question is one that would connect green IO on motherboard and speaker cable.

Thank you in advance.

Smilko

Yeah just an AUX extension (3.5mm) will work.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Any old 3.5mm aux cable extension. Although it may cause you issues with jacks being detected by the audio codec but nothing being plugged in. Make sure you set the right devices as default playback/recording as otherwise most application which use directsoud default devices will not work.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

If you are referring to the Audio Jack outputs on the motherboard rear IO, Then all you would need something like this: http://amzn.to/2AbdFuK

You would need one for Line Out, One for Mic In and if you use Line In you will need one for that. 

So something like this would be ok?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UGREEN-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Extension-Cable-Male-to-Female-for-Laptop-Phone-MP3-CD/152071727105?hash=item23682e6801:m:mmyHLR4xvGqoBGsvVZmahpw

She doesnt use a microphone, or any other connectors so i just need that one

Thank you all for your replies.