Mechanical keyboards are boring, why?

Modzy

Why do mechanical keyboards have to be so simple and boring like this.

xlarge.jpg

When what i'd like to buy is this.

MadCatz-STRIKE7_5.jpg

PLUS

large_102_MX1A-L1NN.jpg

The whole reason Logitech G series keyboards where so popular when they first came out was the huge functionally addition. Now mechanical keyboards are all the rage, but they all look like ass from the 1980s and have just as much functionally as the 1980's, with maybe the addition some LED back lights if you chop off an arm to buy one.

Whats gives? :/

Different people have different tastes, I guess. Some people like a more "simplstic" look....

there's plenty of fancy mechanical keyboards for 12 year olds.

I agree.

Simplicity is king.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

http://www.gamdias.com/en/p/hermesgkb2010/

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839012

not all of them are boring. and the average one doesnt look like the one u posted
i know u exxgerated but therte are alot of sexy mech keyboards
and btw the cyborg one with mech keys would be sor expensive xD

Does this look like ass?...

maxresdefault.jpg

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Because no one buys a keyboard like the Strike, it has been out for over a year and there are 5 reviews on TigerDirect between both the 5 and 7 lol.

Doesn't look boring too me.

k90_top_us_lit.png

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

god forbid someone has a different opinion/taste than you

Because don't we all love cheap plastic glowing keyboards!

hello

and btw the cyborg one with mech keys would be sor expensive xD

Some people don't care ;) In other words: The ones who bought that keyboard already :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

maxresdefault.jpg

it's plain black with green leds.... oh and a razor logo.

maxresdefault.jpg

yes cause its green huge bezels and a disgusting logo :D

Because no one buys a keyboard like the Strike, it has been out for over a year and there are 5 reviews on TigerDirect between both the 5 and 7 lol.

People whom buy them don't care to write reviews ;)

They rather wanna play Golf and tennis while they they drink a bottle of this :)

goldflakesvodka.jpg

Tor

Some people don't care ;) In other words: The ones who bought that keyboard already :)

but then they dont care about mechnical keyboards so it would be dumb for such thing to exist. they would just buy this cyborg one instead

it's plain black with green leds.... oh and a razor logo.

yes cause its green huge bezels and a disgusting logo :D

hate.jpg

i know I should stop communicating with pictures, but I am on a roll ;):D

Tor

azio levetron

ALM5.jpg

i was gonna buy it if it came in browns. detachable num pad was extremely attractive for me

but then they dont care about mechnical keyboards so it would be dumb for such thing to exist. they would just buy this cyborg one instead

Well that's another question :)

Tor

azio levetron

ALM5.jpg

Thanks i didn't know this existed. i will read up. but i do own a strike 7 and it's functionally and customization is no where near matched by any mechanical keyboard. i just wish saitek added cheery switches :(

hate.jpg

i know I should stop communicating with pictures, but I am on a roll ;):D

its more of a casual dislike. razer has decent mice (deathadder 2013)

im not completely;y blinded by hate to the company

MadCatz-STRIKE7_5.jpg

I would scream if that ugly thing was plopped in front of my monitor. If you want a mech keyboard that has some style, go get a Corsair K70 or a Ducky Shine. Even Cooler Master has some nice keyboards. That thing screams LOOK AT ME I AM UNDER 18 AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.

Mechanical Keyboards are focused at "Enthusiasts" which inclines people that appreciate quality, functionality and durability.

The more screens, connectors and shit you put on a keyboard, the more possibilities of failure you introduce. Which makes the keyboard less reliable, and less appealing to an actual Enthusiast.

I for my part like the keyboards plain. I don't mind LEDs but it's not a deciding factor. I have a Green / White striped keyboard, which is nice, but there is NO MAKROS, NO SCREENS and no other useless junk that IF it even works will break a few weeks after.

Especially that Cyborg Keyboard you posted should lose it's appeal once you reached the age of 12. It's a low quality keyboard with 5$ worth of screen and 5c worth of LEDs for 250€. If you buy that - you've just been trolled.

A keyboard primarely has to work. It's a utillity before anything else. And introducing as many possible failures as with the Cyborg one for example, completely defeats the purpose of a reliable input device.

And Red switches are for noobs ;P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...