amd phenon2 1100t or i5 6500? yes really a question

So I have an amd phenome ii 1100t with ddr2 1066 ( possibly going to oc this to 4.0 via the Linus oc video he did on this) agenst my newly bought like last year intel i5 6500 (non k) with 16 dd4 2133.  when switching I did find that I on the intel I had trouble streaming where on the amd I did not. so what one is the better one? I've never had any issues with the amd when I switched it out last year. Only went to intel cause I had extra cash and only spent 400$ on cpu, ram , and board so not bad if you ask me (semi budget built). 

So the question. I don't stream all the much and if I do its to friends on Facebook and to twitch in hopes by some miracle I get more then 3 viewers where one of them is not my wife or my mom lol. so what do all think. Stick with the amd 3.3 six core cpu with 8 gigs of ram at 1066 (oc 'able) or intel i5 6500 3.2 quad core cpu with 16 gigs of ram at 2133 (non oc 'able)  tyvm 

I use a zotac nvida gtx 1080 as a graphics card

UPDATE 11/2/2017: new cooler went in no problem and went with the amd parts. had a game opened ultra settings and OBS broadcasting software and no issues so far been up and running since 7pm 11/1/2017 running at 24c on idle 35 on full bore.  going to run discord, obs, pubg, and iTunes a typical night and see how if fares

use the AMD machine as a stream box? the I5 is going to perform better in basically everything by a mile

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

its really that bad huh? the amd isn't just up to snuff to hang with todays games then?

Just now, heimdali said:

How can it be such a big problem to stream some video?

I don't know but I noticed a drop in performance when streaming on the intel

you can find used i7 chips (skylake) to upgrade the quality. Or get a better Graphics Processor

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, orangescionxb said:

I don't know but I noticed a drop in performance when streaming on the intel

So what takes so much to stream a video?  I´ve seen that mentioned on this forum before, and I´m really curious what the problem is.

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

you can find used i7 chips (skylake) to upgrade the quality. Or get a better Graphics Processor

I don't use it for graphics 

zotac gtx 1080 is what I have as a graphics card

2 minutes ago, orangescionxb said:

I don't use it for graphics 

zotac gtx 1080 is what I have as a graphics card

do you still need the AMD Phenom System? i guess sell it and buy an used haswell system (i5 at least) and makeover it

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

There are games that can't run on the Phenom. So. That could be an issue.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, heimdali said:

So what takes so much to stream a video?  I´ve seen that mentioned on this forum before, and I´m really curious what the problem is.

Video rendering is a CPU intensive task, so is uploading. Doing both at the same time is thus very CPU demanding

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Video rendering is a CPU intensive task, so is uploading. Doing both at the same time is thus very CPU demanding

How can uploading be demanding much of a CPU?  And doesn´t the GPU do the rendering?

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

How can uploading be demanding much of a CPU?  And doesn´t the GPU do the rendering?

If you upload a 1080*1920 60fps video its 

2073600  pixels        (1920x1080)

x60                            (as in 60 frames per second)

124416000  pixels per second, every second being upoaded

And no, The GPU isn't a big part of video rendering

16 minutes ago, heimdali said:

If by stream you mean sending to a service such as Twitch, there is a lot going on to make that happen. First of all your CPU and GPU are under reasonable load from playing a game, and then the streaming application has to downscale the screen capture to a lower resolution, compress it in order to not overload the network. Because video compression is not a task that GPUs are well equipped to handle, the compression of the video falls to the CPU, and that's why it's generally recommended for streamers to get high core count CPUs so that they can afford to run more cores with their video compression algorithm.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

If you upload a 1080*1920 60fps video its 

2073600  pixels        (1920x1080)

x60                            (as in 60 frames per second)

124416000  pixels per second, every second being upoaded

And no, The GPU isn't a big part of video rendering

The GPU is rendering the video, the CPU is compressing it. Also video compression makes that number much lower, combined with the fact that streamers usually use 30FPS.

Just now, dogetorhue said:

The GPU is rendering the video, the CPU is compressing it. Also video compression makes that number much lower, combined with the fact that streamers usually use 30FPS.

Serious streamers (the ones using secondary PC's) upload 60 FPS and I should have said that the GPU is less relevant than CPU, not that it isn't the rendering.  Also, compression is adding burden, even if you have less to upload

2 minutes ago, dogetorhue said:

If by stream you mean sending to a service such as Twitch, there is a lot going on to make that happen. First of all your CPU and GPU are under reasonable load from playing a game, and then the streaming application has to downscale the screen capture to a lower resolution, compress it in order to not overload the network. Because video compression is not a task that GPUs are well equipped to handle, the compression of the video falls to the CPU, and that's why it's generally recommended for streamers to get high core count CPUs so that they can afford to run more cores with their video compression algorithm.

I see, so it´s like I thought.  I tried it out a couple days ago, and recording and encoding wasn´t any problem at all, though I still need to try recording a game because there´s probably more to encode when what´s on screen varies more.  But I don´t expect that to be any problem, either.  Most of the cores will probably remain idle.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Serious streamers (the ones using secondary PC's) upload 60 FPS and I should have said that the GPU is less relevant than CPU, not that it isn't the rendering.  Also, compression is adding burden, even if you have less to upload

Compression is a necessity when streaming. An uncompressed 1920/1080 60fps video with 24bit color would use over 2.7GiB/sec of network traffic.

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Where do they stream that to?  It´s not like you could do that over the internet as there isn´t that much bandwidth.

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

I see, so it´s like I thought.  I tried it out a couple days ago, and recording and encoding wasn´t any problem at all, though I still need to try recording a game because there´s probably more to encode when what´s on screen varies more.  But I don´t expect that to be any problem, either.  Most of the cores will probably remain idle.

In theory, all of the cores will be in use when streaming. The video compression will try to use all your resources in order to maintain quality.

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Where do they stream that to?  It´s not like you could do that over the internet as there isn´t that much bandwidth.

Wat? yes there is enough bandwidth, twitch has dozens of 4k streams

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

It's compressed to a couple of MiB/s. 

You still need to have sufficient upstream for such streams, don´t you.  And who has that?

Let me put it this way:  Germany is on its best way to put the Marshall plan in place.  The allied forces invented it and decided it´s a stupid idea like 70 years ago, but we have yet to figure that out.  Given the amount of people --- and this is difficult to understand --- who are *literally* too stupid to trip over a bucket of water, we never might.

23 minutes ago, dogetorhue said:

In theory, all of the cores will be in use when streaming. The video compression will try to use all your resources in order to maintain quality.

Well, it wasn´t really noticeable with 24 cores.

so everything went back together alright and its running GREAT!! ran Star Citizen and my obs 64bit and streamed a little bit and she ran great!! 

much better then the intel. im gonna test some over the weekend but so far I like the blast from the past