Full vr helmet why dosent any company make one?

aru2.0
3 hours ago, heimdali said:

You misunderstood.  You can use your imagination to experience things you wouldn´t be able to otherwise, and even when you´re immersing yourself into some sort of virtual reality --- wearing a ton of special gear that makes it possible in the first place, or without --- you still know that it is a virtual reality.  Do you not use your imagination when doing so?

Now if you didn´t know that you´re within a virtual reality and were unable to tell the difference --- which is what you´re striving for with the tons of special gear, or without it --- what would your experience be?  You wouldn´t be using your imagination in the same way as you would if you knew, hence you would have a different experience, and in which way would that experience be any different from being in a non-virtual reality?

My point is that I´m happy to use my imagination to experience a virtual reality, knowing what I´m doing and remaining in control (as in being able to leave it/turn it off or look outside it at any time), and prefer it that way over being assimilated by it and going around in it like a brainded zombie without the imagination that is an important part of the experience.

Imagining something is not the same as experiencing it. Again, if that wasn't the case, all entertainment media would be redundant.

Like the idea man, I played around with the idea of mounting my DK2 into a track helmet I had laying around for the racing sim, still would consider it and mount some speakers inside the helmet, Just muffle them somewhat sound sounds like I'm hearing the car outside the helmet. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

31 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Imagining something is not the same as experiencing it. Again, if that wasn't the case, all entertainment media would be redundant.

Experienencing virtual reality is no more than experiencing virtual reality.  Imagination is substantial to that experience.

Not all entertainment media would be redundant because you wouldn´t experience everything this media shows you in reality.  And what would be the fun with entertainment media without imagination?

The redundant part of entertainment media is redundant either way.

5 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Experienencing virtual reality is no more than experiencing virtual reality.  Imagination is substantial to that experience.

Not all entertainment media would be redundant because you wouldn´t experience everything this media shows you in reality.  And what would be the fun with entertainment media without imagination?

The redundant part of entertainment media is redundant either way.

Imagination is no more substantial to virtual reality than other entertainment.

Entertainment media is not imagination, it's almost the opposite.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Imagination is no more substantial to virtual reality than other entertainment.

Entertainment media is not imagination, it's almost the opposite.

Not for me.  Are you seriously saying that, for example, you can read a book and not use your imagination at all?  If so, how do you do that?  I would find that awfully boring and wouldn´t read it.

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

Not for me.  Are you seriously saying that, for example, you can read a book and not use your imagination at all?  If so, how do you do that?  I would find that awfully boring and wouldn´t read it.

No, but are you seriously saying you watch a movie with your eyes closed and hands over your ears so you can imagine what it looks and sounds like?

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

No, but are you seriously saying you watch a movie with your eyes closed and hands over your ears so you can imagine what it looks and sounds like?

Usually not; some ppl do that when they don´t want to imagine what happens on the screen.  Sometimes I don´t look because I don´t want to see it and certainly don´t want to imagine it.