Full vr helmet why dosent any company make one?

aru2.0

With my understanding all companies just want to make one strap to your face and have uncomfortable straps go along your head  ughh. I can imagine a person with sinus issuse would feel uncomfortable with this thing on our face. Even healthy person can have discomforts. There would br lots of benefits for helmet mount headset. You could put more sensors and maybe even compact pc above. And comfort wise be better. Can even have fan to cool your head lolol. Also im wondering why thete is no category for vr. In forums.

If you can get used to a helmet that is. To me a helmet is still hellish to wear as it squeezes my head.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Unxerstood. But are you refering  to helmet like for a bike or race helmet. If your are thosr helmets are designed to be straped to your head good since its protecting your head. You would not need that level of tighness on vr helmet. Since your not gonna crazh at 100km hour in vehicle  ull bd most likely in your oen room.

8 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

If you can get used to a helmet that is. To me a helmet is still hellish to wear as it squeezes my head.

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

A helmet would be much less comfortable, and cumbersome in use.

I dont feel like to br douce but i do like expaination on reason why  just say it would be cumbersone and less comfortable. To. Me id find it more comfortable since i nase sinus issues. Plus i dont like idea of something that nerds to straped to my face with weight and pressure on my face.

2 minutes ago, aru2.0 said:

Unxerstood. But are you refering  to helmet like for a bike or race helmet. If your are thosr helmets are designed to be straped to your head good since its protecting your head. You would not need that level of tighness on vr helmet. Since your not gonna crazh at 100km hour in vehicle  ull bd most likely in your oen room.

A VR helmet would still need to be strapped to the head, so it doesn't wobble around and mess up what you're seeing. Remember, if the VR screens wobble compared to your head, it feels like the entire world is wobbling around. That'll get you sick in a hurry.

Just now, aru2.0 said:

I dont feel like to br douce but i do like expaination on reason why  just sayibgit would be cumbersone and less comfortable. To. Me id find it more comfortable since i nase sinus issues. Plus i dont like idea of something that nerds to straped to my face with weight and pressure on my face.

You don't need to have weight and pressure on your face with a rigid strap system.

As for a helmet, it adds a lot of weight and blocks ventilation, so you have more strain on your neck, more discomfort from the way it's mounted to your head, and more sweat and potentially foggy lenses.

VR helmets died in the 90s, and I hope they stay dead.

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

VR helmets died in the 90s, and I hope they stay dead.

At least until actual full immersion reality here in a 50 years :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Lolol well technology was diffrent then. Now day id hope we could build something lighter than abike helmet and lighter than 90vr helm lol. I remember the one your talking about. I used obe before. It was for that line 3d space ship game and tank line game. For ventlation they can have fans mounted.

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

At least until actual full immersion reality here in a 50 years :P

I think only full immersion will work if this technology is chiped or drilled into our brains. To me that is to scary . It would be some kind of implant.

3 minutes ago, aru2.0 said:

Lolol well technology was diffrent then. Now day id hope we could build something lighter than abike helmet and lighter than 90vr helm lol. I remember the one your talking about. I used obe before. It was for that line 3d space ship game and tank line game. For ventlation they can have fans mounted.

It can be lighter than back then, sure, but it will always be heavier than a properly designed headset. And it provides zero benefit. You can put fans on a headset too, but there's just less need for it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

It can be lighter than back then, sure, but it will always be heavier than a properly designed headset. And it provides zero benefit. You can put fans on a headset too, but there's just less need for it in the first place.

Well for me it be comforting for full helm. Ive used vr headeset anf had major headache from it. Let alone i get head ache from glasses lol.

12 minutes ago, aru2.0 said:

I wouldn't mind it if it got as good as something like in the anime Sword Art Online, frankly I feel that should be future of humanity, the real world will end up all ugly and polluted aside the over-crowedness so every one can open a whole new world from their bedroom computers it sounds neat.

VR as it is right now does not interest me one bit, sitting in a comfortable chair or in bed facing a big curved 4k screen with a gamepad sounds much better deal... in my opinion at least.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

21 minutes ago, aru2.0 said:

Well for me it be comforting for full helm. Ive used vr headeset anf had major headache from it. Let alone i get head ache from glasses lol.

Well that probably depends on which headset you used.

12 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

VR as it is right now does not interest me one bit, sitting in a comfortable chair or in bed facing a big curved 4k screen with a gamepad sounds much better deal... in my opinion at least.

I would disagree there. VR can do that but also so much more.

Who would want to wear glasses or helmets to be able to use a computer?  We shouldn´t need to wear anything special.

5 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Who would want to wear glasses or helmets to be able to use a computer?  We shouldn´t need to wear anything special.

While reducing that barrier is definitely important, I still disagree - you don't wear a VR headset just to use a computer as normal, you wear it because it allows you to do things you cannot otherwise do.

29 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

While reducing that barrier is definitely important, I still disagree - you don't wear a VR headset just to use a computer as normal, you wear it because it allows you to do things you cannot otherwise do.

I use computers all the time to do things I couldn´t otherwise do.  Still I don´t want to wear helmets or glasses or anything to be able to do that.

Just now, heimdali said:

I use computers all the time to do things I couldn´t otherwise do.

Yeah, but you can't use a computer to do what VR allows, without using a VR headset.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah, but you can't use a computer to do what VR allows, without using a VR headset.

Then that needs to be changed, rather than making more or different stuff you need to wear.

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Then that needs to be changed, rather than making more or different stuff you need to wear.

It can't be changed. You can't do VR without VR gear of some kind.

I suppose in 50+ years you might have a way to plug the brain straight into the computer, but short of that you'll be wearing something to project an image into your eyes.

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

It can't be changed. You can't do VR without VR gear of some kind.

I suppose in 50+ years you might have a way to plug the brain straight into the computer, but short of that you'll be wearing something to project an image into your eyes.

I wouldn´t want to plug my brain into a computer, that would be even worse than having to wear some special gear.

My monitor is already projecting an image into my eyes.

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

I wouldn´t want to plug my brain into a computer, that would be even worse than having to wear some special gear.

My monitor is already projecting an image into my eyes.

Your monitor is not projecting an image that can pass for a real world. When you turn your head, the monitor cannot follow.

43 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Your monitor is not projecting an image that can pass for a real world. When you turn your head, the monitor cannot follow.

That´s a good thing.  It allows me to remain in control of my senses and to be in my right mind even when using a computer.

What is the point of "virtual reality" when you can´t even tell whether something is virtual or not?

Use your imagination and don´t loose this ability.  Reality without imagination is kinda dead, and we not need construct more of it.

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

That´s a good thing.  It allows me to remain in control of my senses and to be in my right mind even when using a computer.

What is the point of "virtual reality" when you can´t even tell whether something is virtual or not?

Use your imagination and don´t loose this ability.  Reality without imagination is kinda dead, and we not need construct more of it.

The point is you can experience things you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

That last argument is inane. Let's just get rid of ALL entertainment then, since you can just use your imagination instead.

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

The point is you can experience things you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

That last argument is inane. Let's just get rid of ALL entertainment then, since you can just use your imagination instead.

You misunderstood.  You can use your imagination to experience things you wouldn´t be able to otherwise, and even when you´re immersing yourself into some sort of virtual reality --- wearing a ton of special gear that makes it possible in the first place, or without --- you still know that it is a virtual reality.  Do you not use your imagination when doing so?

Now if you didn´t know that you´re within a virtual reality and were unable to tell the difference --- which is what you´re striving for with the tons of special gear, or without it --- what would your experience be?  You wouldn´t be using your imagination in the same way as you would if you knew, hence you would have a different experience, and in which way would that experience be any different from being in a non-virtual reality?

My point is that I´m happy to use my imagination to experience a virtual reality, knowing what I´m doing and remaining in control (as in being able to leave it/turn it off or look outside it at any time), and prefer it that way over being assimilated by it and going around in it like a brainded zombie without the imagination that is an important part of the experience.