What to do with people providing false information?

rip
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,
13 minutes ago, rip said:

I have reported it, but wonder if mods take any measurement beyond cleaning/locking topics to the person who provides such info numerous times.

We don't moderate informaiton given. We're here to make sure discussions are conducted in a civil and respectable manner.

We can't take sides even though sometimes we would love to. Being wrong isn't against the Community Standards, so misinformation and misunderstandings aren't moderators to deal with. ;)

Do mods take any measurement for people who provide completely false information to a question and not even supporting their own claims thus making it even more false?

They don't break rules for that however since they don't really spam/"shitpost" or using offensive speech but they are also not wanting to learn their own mistakes.

Generally I would just ignore and move on, but then those type of posts remain and cause a real trouble to those who come across and maybe even to OP as what to do.

I have reported it, but wonder if mods take any measurement beyond cleaning/locking topics to the person who provides such info numerous times.

rip

proove them wrong making it as obvious as possible for people passing by, People will see that they are saying false... "stuff" and ignore them. Like that they can not do any harm

Have you been talking to Patrick about delidded Xeons again?

Umm.. they do sometimes. I'm sure it's not public until you labeled as banned.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Have you been talking to Patrick about delidded Xeons again?

Umm.. they do sometimes. I'm sure it's not public until you labeled as banned.

I don't want to call out names though it might be obvious

This guy keeps claiming that CPU bottleneck is not about CPU usage but that of low GPU usage.

rip

5 minutes ago, rip said:

This guy keeps claiming that CPU bottleneck is not about CPU usage but that of low GPU usage.

Just stop trying to help them, if they don't actually take what you say into consideration, leave them. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

6 minutes ago, rip said:

who says that it is false?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I hope the mods don't look too deep into it, I don't want anyone to know I have multiple accounts and have been arguing with myself for years.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

13 minutes ago, rip said:

We don't moderate informaiton given. We're here to make sure discussions are conducted in a civil and respectable manner.

We can't take sides even though sometimes we would love to. Being wrong isn't against the Community Standards, so misinformation and misunderstandings aren't moderators to deal with. ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

who says that it is false?

no. me no want debate.

rip

1 minute ago, rip said:

no. me no want debate.

no debate, just saying. My view is that CPU and GPU bottlenecks are the OS's fault as CPUs and GPUs have progressed so much and the OS interaction between that of the OS and CPU/GPU has not progressed that much.

1 minute ago, rip said:

no. me no want debate.

I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but that's the best thing to do. Don't escalate things and walk away if you have to.

Worst part of being a mod is issuing warning because of a simple debate that turned sour! ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

no debate, just saying. My view is that CPU and GPU bottlenecks are the OS's fault as CPUs and GPUs have progressed so much and the OS interaction between that of the OS and CPU/GPU has not progressed that much.

ok but the person keeps claiming that fx 8350 is bottlenecking let's say a modern 1080 because of the gpu usage is low

and that even if let's say a xeon has like very low 5% usage and the gpu isn't reaching 100% it means the cpu is holding back (ie bottleneck)

but i should stop

rip

5 minutes ago, rip said:

ok but the person keeps claiming that fx 8350 is bottlenecking let's say a modern 1080 because of the gpu usage is low

and that even if let's say a xeon has like very low 5% usage and the gpu isn't reaching 100% it means the cpu is holding back (ie bottleneck)

but i should stop

Well maybe he doesn't understand or is mixed up about the relation between the two. 

In his defense, whom ever the hell he is, the fx8350 overclocked or not will bottleneck a 1080, if you run GPGPU you will see modern GPUs will have a higher score then a CPU which brings me to the fact that the OS needs a major update of the CPU and GPU calculations method which produces these numbers.

I get your point though.

Just keep correcting them. I mainly do it in Air Cooling, and rarely meet someone who is so behind their false claim that its annoying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I hope the mods don't look too deep into it, I don't want anyone to know I have multiple accounts and have been arguing with myself for years.

How about you shut your mouth?

1 minute ago, EvilTidaLWaveZ said:

How about you shut your mouth?

Hilarious

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -