Water cooling with no radiators

I would like to know if you know someone that has tried this before my ideia is just to test if it would work and maybe do something completely crazy if it works, but what i have in mind is having the processor and the gpu be cooled just by water no radiator or fans i have one 1000L deposit that i will fill with water and see how long the pc can be stress tested until the water reaches like 40 ºC and of course i need to monitor the temperatures of the cpu and gpu too, but i want to know what you think of this idea and if someone have done this before because that may help with some stuff but anyways i want to test the two 10 000 L deposits that i have i want to see how that will work.

all you need for you to not need radiators is enough surface area that the heat can dissepate away, adding more coolant will just add more themal mass and slow down the heating. its an interesting project and id love to see someone pull it off with all the calculations and stuff but that system would never be even remotely mobile lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

one word:

filtration

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Hope you've got miles of tubing.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I will probably try it just need to buy some stuff and put it all together... hey Linus may like to do a crazy thing like this too that would be dope but anyways i will try it and then maybe i will try on the 2 10 000 L ones too who knows right xD.

2 minutes ago, intender said:

Bury them outside underground and pipe them back inside.  Instant sub ambient cooling.  Geothermal for pc!

Hum that may be cool i can probably try that too.

This would have been a perfect experiment back when whole room water cooling was a thing

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, batatas said:

Hum that may be cool i can probably try that too.

I remember a guy on another forum probably about 12 years ago that cooled his pic with a coil out of about 30 feet of copper pipe and buried down about  6 or 8 feet in the ground.  at that depth it is near constant temperature year round, and he said it worked great.  The exposed lines might freeze in a cold environment though. 

I think I saw someone do this while I was on pcpartpicker or something. The guy had (if I'm remembering correctly) 10l of fluid in one massive tank, and it worked fairly well because the fluid sat in the tank so long it managed to cool just enough so after one full loop the fluid was as I started.

54 minutes ago, intender said:

I remember a guy on another forum probably about 12 years ago that cooled his pic with a coil out of about 30 feet of copper pipe and buried down about  6 or 8 feet in the ground.  at that depth it is near constant temperature year round, and he said it worked great.  The exposed lines might freeze in a cold environment though. 

also such a loop would be pain in the behind to drain and keep clean

4 hours ago, batatas said:

I would like to know if you know someone that has tried this before my ideia is just to test if it would work and maybe do something completely crazy if it works, but what i have in mind is having the processor and the gpu be cooled just by water no radiator or fans i have one 1000L deposit that i will fill with water and see how long the pc can be stress tested until the water reaches like 40 ºC and of course i need to monitor the temperatures of the cpu and gpu too, but i want to know what you think of this idea and if someone have done this before because that may help with some stuff but anyways i want to test the two 10 000 L deposits that i have i want to see how that will work.

You wouldn’t need that much fluid and it can be done but more effectively you would just have the tank itself passive radiate the heat out to the surrounding air.

There was a post a while back where this was tested, the temps would very slowly climb until it reach equilibrium and all the fluid was at running temp.